House Price Crash Forum

The Aftermath Of Q E "

HOLA441

I just like to offer some balance for the numerous goldbugs on here that turn every thread nto a gold investing ramp.

Please. 99% of threads involving gold on here woulodn't exist if it wasn't for you posting about how gold is about to crash through the floor.

I am not bearish or bullish on gold

:lol: no, really - you crack me up.

Comparing the price of gold to an infinite number of other investments is not worthwhile. Priced in Norwegian Kr. it is not such a good investment, priced in Zim $ a very goo investment and so on............................................Its really a tin foil hat play or something most FPs suggest having as a token in your overall investment portfolio.

But the yen is relevant, because that is where YOU believe we are heading. Therefore this is how you are predicting gold will be priced in the future in our economy.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I am not bearish or bullish on gold but simply belive it will eventually do what it always does eventually: crash. For goldbugs its simply a matter of timing and knowing when to dump.

FWIW, I agree with RB on the eventual outcome for gold but for different reasons.

However for the time being I'm happy to have a good sized allocation to glod.

HOLA446

Nerve, raw hit. dry.gif

24,000 posts and you've been wrong for year after year.

Now you seem to still own the Honeywell shares that you told us you had cashed in a few months ago just prior to the big crash you also got wrong.

I find your posts and your logic so tiresome these days perhaps you could just give it a rest for a while.

Everytime I log on to this forum it seems to be infected wih your trolling, I think you are starting to ruin a fine forum with this nonsense trolling and actually bating many fine posters with your nonsense.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Now you seem to still own the Honeywell shares that you told us you had cashed in a few months ago just prior to the big crash you also got wrong.

I find your posts and your logic so tiresome these days perhaps you could just give it a rest for a while.

Everytime I log on to this forum it seems to be infected wih your trolling, I think you are starting to ruin a fine forum with this nonsense trolling and actually bating many fine posters with your nonsense.

I sold HON at around $43. Would have nice to have held on but profit take we should all do.

From your tone and obvious irriation about gold posts I take it that you are also a gold bug?

When you consider how many thread get hijacked into gold threads it is evident that there are a lot of raw nerves on this Forum.

Gold not down that much today anyway:

1378.30 -14.60

EDIT: just looked back on page one of this thread. Look at how many gold bugs jumped in to derail the topic into gold investment. 6 of them wernt straight to gold on page 1 alone! The thread was supposed to consider the aftermath of Bernanke's folly and gold is just one tiny aspect of the overall fallout.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA449

I sold HON at around $43. Would have nice to have held on but profit take we should all do.

From your tone and obvious irriation about gold posts I take it that you are also a gold bug?

When you consider how many thread get hijacked into gold threads it is evident that there are a lot of raw nerves on this Forum.

1378.30 -14.60

He has a point about the gold shouers.

Going on about deflation in the face of obvious hyperinflation is a tad annoying though, if only for the sheer lack of argument behind it and willfull blindness to the facts. It's a simple constant effort to create a meme or something.

p.s. Printy printy.

HOLA4410

Going on about deflation in the face of obvious hyperinflation is a tad annoying though, if only for the sheer lack of argument behind it and willfull blindness to the facts. It's a simple constant effort to create a meme or something.

p.s. Printy printy.

You may feel deflation does not exist and see only one side to the economic cycle. Others, including the Fed and BoJ are recognising deflation as a threat.

HOLA4411

You've got to realise the game RB's playing, he's the biggest goldbug on here, he just wants to keep the price down abit longer so he can load up, well I for one am with him. Keep up the good work RB, I salute you

HOLA4412

p.s. Printy printy.

Injin, it is tiresome trolling on the part of RB - there was no need to bring gold up in his original thread, and it's a red rag to a bear like me to pull him up on it. All that needed to happen to keep this OT was to not write that one line in his OP.

He is well aware of the effect that it will have, yet he still sows the seeds himself. He has admitted himself that he trolls for fun to the goldbugs.

HOLA4413

1378.30 -14.60

ITS YOU THAT KEEPS BRINGING UP GOLD YOU STUPID AR*E.

JUST STFU.

BTW Silver Weaton up nearly 1,000% since I bought it.

Novagold up 700% since I bought it.

Hecla, Silver Standard Resources, Cour D'alene, Pinetree Capital, Golden Star Resources etc. etc. etc. ALL UP MULTIPLES HIGHER THAN YOUR POXY HONEYWELL SHARES.

Now s*d off you tiresome bore.

HOLA4414

You've got to realise the game RB's playing, he's the biggest goldbug on here, he just wants to keep the price down abit longer so he can load up, well I for one am with him. Keep up the good work RB, I salute you

For a thread not intended to be a gold thread we are now 72% gold posts!

The bigger questionis: will Bernanke's folly result in the opposite effect he intended? I.e, rising IR, tighter credit, falling prices and a return to the recession (if we ever left)?

IMO: yes.

HOLA4415

JUST STFU.

Hecla, Silver Standard Resources, Cour D'alene, Pinetree Capital, Golden Star Resources etc. etc. etc. ALL UP MULTIPLES HIGHER THAN YOUR POXY HONEYWELL SHARES.

I don't want RB to stop posting and contributing, just stop bringing gold up in such a trolling manner.

Can we have the forum equivalent of an RB asbo, where any of his posts that bring up gold are moved to the off topic pages?

HOLA4416

JUST STFU.

Another gold post! You must also be a gold bug who gets grumpty on down days?

A wise man once said:

"The profit you have made is equal to the amount you sold for less what you paid. 'Sold' being in the past tense."

I have to agree.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA4417

For a thread not intended to be a gold thread we are now 72% gold posts!

The bigger questionis: will Bernanke's folly result in the opposite effect he intended? I.e, rising IR, tighter credit, falling prices and a return to the recession (if we ever left)?

IMO: yes.

Wink, wink, say no more.

HOLA4418

You may feel deflation does not exist and see only one side to the economic cycle. Others, including the Fed and BoJ are recognising deflation as a threat.

The fed and the boj have and continue to hyperinflate to pay the states bills.

There is no deflation, there never has been and there never will be until the state collapses and the central banks have their powers ripped off them by an angry mob.

This is not a feeling, it's a fact.

HOLA4419

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/newsblog/2010/11/blog-why-goldbugs-are-doing-the-feds-work-31062.php

4. bellwether said...

If you think that QE is a disaster I sort of agree, but for quite different reasons.

QE is not money printing but it is an attempt to scare people with the bogey man of inflation and to get them borrowing and speculating which is exactly what got us into this mess in the first place.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=153674&st=20&p=2766625entry2766625

Quote. flashman said...

QE & QE2 is paper shuffling from one side of the ledger, to the other. Anyone who claims that the UK version of QE directly causes inflation does not fully understand its’ mechanics. The determinedly ignorant claim that the British version of QE is simple ‘money printing’. It is not. The UK version of QE was designed to curtail the banks' ability to make money without bothering to lend to businesses and individuals. It didn't even achieve that because they still didn't lend. QE might have been put on hold for now but I imagine they will reach for it again at the first sign of stress, no matter what history tries to tell us. When they do, it still wont cause inflation and it still wont be 'money printing'.

Good analysis, printing money my @rse................

P

Edited by Panda

HOLA4420

I don't want RB to stop posting and contributing, just stop bringing gold up in such a trolling manner.

Can we have the forum equivalent of an RB asbo, where any of his posts that bring up gold are moved to the off topic pages?

If you removed the goldbug posts on this thread we would still be on page one and no further ahead in the discussion on the OT.

There is more to life than gold prices. This is supposed to be a HPC forum with everything else secondary. Gold may impact house prices in a small weay but nowhere near as much as bonds, stock markets, bankster stuff etc. Gold should have its own forum IMO--hang on.......................

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Another gold post! You must also be a gold bug who gets grumpty on down days?

A wise man once said:

"The profit you have made is equal to the amount you sold for less what you paid. 'Sold' being in the past tense."

I have to agree.

YAWN.

I made my years rent in three days this week due to my investments.:o

Grumpy I am not.:D

Intolerant of idiots yes I am.

Don't crow about your Honeywell shares and then disparage anyone who has done significantly better, because it just seems a bit petulent and childish.

Weren't you the big Jessie who was caving in and about to buy a house a couple of weeks ago?

HOLA4423

I was hoping this thread would be a good debate on the repercussions of QE2 in the US for us re houses, STR funds, etc, etc.

I gave up reading on page 2 by which point it had debased itself into YET ANOTHER gold bashing / gold bull thread.

Btw, UK house builders shares love QE2

Maybe the house builders shares are reacting to the positive Halifax figures? You would expect that inflation (the objective of QE) would lead to higher interest rates at some stage. That **should** be a negative on housing. But not in our present bizarro world...

HOLA4424

Maybe the house builders shares are reacting to the positive Halifax figures? You would expect that inflation (the objective of QE) would lead to higher interest rates at some stage. That **should** be a negative on housing. But not in our present bizarro world...

A bit of QE2 and a bit of the Halifax figures I guess.

They ain't going to raise IRs for a year at least IMPO - this time next year we will still be convincing ourselves that IRs are about to shot up and they will still be 0.5% for savers.

HOLA4425

Until the CB fails (which it will) then housing is bullish.

You've got the greatest military ever assembled on earth behind housing atm.