House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

The Aftermath Of Q E "

QE2 is done and dusted and it appears that what many thought would happen is not happening quite as much as expected?

Dollar reversing and going back up. Gold down. IR up (10 year and 30 year at least), and Euro bourses are almost a sea of red:

^AEX AEX (Netherlands) 345.83 9:56am 0.68 (+0.20%) Chart, Components, more...

^ATX ATX (Austria) 2,717.40 9:56am -3.91 (-0.14%) Chart, more...

^BFX BEL-20 (Belgium) 2,686.74 10:11am -23.67 (-0.87%) Chart, Components, more...

^FCHI CAC 40 (France) 3,907.67 10:11am -9.11 (-0.23%) Chart, Components, more...

^GDAXI DAX (Germany) 6,729.72 9:56am -4.97 (-0.07%) Chart, Components, more...

^FTSE FTSE 100 (United Kingdom) 5,851.12 9:56am -11.67 (-0.20%) Chart, Components, more...

^IETP ISEQ20 (Ireland) 443.09 9:56am -5.41 (-1.21%) Chart, more...

^SMSI Madrid General (Spain) 0.00 0.00 (+0.00%) Chart, Components, more...

OMXC20.CO OMX Copenhagen 20 (Denmark) 429.37 10:10am -3.40 (-0.79%) Chart, Components, more...

^OMXSPI OMX Stockholm 30 (Sweden) 346.93 10:10am -2.39 (-0.69%) Chart, Components, more...

^PSI20 PSI 20 (Portugal) 7,872.52 10:11am -166.86 (-2.08%) Chart, Components, more...

FTSEMIB.MI S&P Mib (Italy) 21,194.41 10:11am -274.78 (-1.28%) Components, more...

^SSMI Swiss Market (Switzerland) 6,579.65 9:55am -15.99 (-0.24%) Chart, Components, more...

^OSEAX Total Share (Norway) 448.16 9:56am -3.45 (-0.76%) Chart, Components, more...

I think the market is winning and it is DEFLATING nio matter what the Fed try to do. The higher IR in the US will be a temporary reaction to the stimulus to cancel its effect and the on again off again double dip will finally turn into a full blow recession/depression. Why? Too much debt, too much overcapacity and too many lies (see ECB thread on SD cover up re Greece).

So what next? Commodities implosion, stock correction and resumption of lower IR in the US Bond market (which must inmpact world bond markets).

IMO the Fed action has gone pearshaped very quickly. Bernanke is, I am afraid, a bigger fool than Big Al who at least TRIED to hike IR when the HPI raged in the US (private credit went in the opposite direction to the Fed and should have been reigned in before it got out of control--which it did BIG TIME).

Edited by Realistbear

Gold is down $6.5 - after a near $50 move up yesterday to $1394. Good God man, you are incredible.

FTSE 100 down a mammoth 3.5 points - after a 100 point movement yesterday, taking it to a level not seen since June 2008

My prediction that we would see a test in gold of $1400 before a test of $1300 remains on

EURUSD needs to drop some 200 pips before it gets to test the weeks low, let alone looking like a downward trend.

So, yes, indications of deflation all around.

Calling the top on gold again? :P

Edit: I agree it should ultimately deflate, but it is going to take longer than 48 hours to see it.

Edited by FaFa!

QE2 is done and dusted and it appears that what many thought would happen is not happening quite as much as expected?

Dollar reversing and going back up. Gold down. IR up (10 year and 30 year at least), and Euro bourses are almost a sea of red:

You really can't help it, can you RB?

In what way is it down? Have you looked at the graph on bullionvault recently?

Your opinion blows with the wind, except for gold where you have been constantly bearish for at least 2-3 years.

You really can't help it, can you RB?

In what way is it down? Have you looked at the graph on bullionvault recently?

Your opinion blows with the wind, except for gold where you have been constantly bearish for at least 2-3 years.

The markets blow with the wind. The double dip has had 57 on again off again reports over the last 12 months (EDIT: 58--US News & World Report this morning <_< ) and each time the wind blows it goes in another direction.

I think you miss the point. The inability to call a direction IS the market. Go one step behind the wind and workout why is this the case?

I believe it is because we are at the end of a 300 year old cycle. Its a structural collapse that no one has seen since the SS bubble burst in the 18th Century.

As yourself--600bn of stimulus and the Bond market moves in the opposite direction? Gold still hovering around recent tops and no breakout. Why should there be more breakouts as nothing has changed--the West is broke and there is too much capacity and the East are not buying from us. The Fed's action is like throwing water over a dying horse--it will feel good for a few minutes but the creature is still dying.

The West must follow in Japan's footsteps and purge the excess, the debt, the fraud, the hype and the grossly overpriced housing markets. It cannot cure itself unless it goes Japanese for a generation.

Edited by Realistbear

The markets blow with the wind. The double dip has had 57 on again off again reports over the last 12 months (EDIT: 58--US News & World Report this morning <_< ) and each time the wind blows it goes in another direction.

I think you miss the point. The inability to call a direction IS the market. Go one step behind the wind and workout why is this the case?

I believe it is because we are at the end of a 300 year old cycle. Its a structural collapse that no one has seen since the SS bubble burst in the 18th Century.

As yourself--600bn of stimulus and the Bond market moves in the opposite direction? Gold still hovering around recent tops and no breakout. Why should there be more breakouts as nothing has changed--the West is broke and there is too much capacity and the East are not buying from us. The Fed's action is like throwing water over a dying horse--it will feel good for a few minutes but the creature is still dying.

The West must follow in Japan's footsteps and purge the excess, the debt, the fraud, the hype and the grossly overpriced housing markets. It cannot cure itself unless it goes Japanese for a generation.

Printy printy.

Your quote.

Lets see the price of gold in Yen over a period of the last 20 years.

I wonder what you'll find.

Gold is down $6.5 - after a near $50 move up yesterday to $1394.  Good God man, you are incredible.

FTSE 100 down a mammoth 3.5 points - after a 100 point movement yesterday, taking it to a level not seen since June 2008

My prediction that we would see a test in gold of $1400 before a test of $1300 remains on

EURUSD needs to drop some 200 pips before it gets to test the weeks low, let alone looking like a downward trend.

Calling the top on gold again?   :P

Edit:  I agree it should ultimately deflate, but it is going to take longer than 48 hours to see it.

RB will still be denying inflation when in 5 years time he refuses to give 2p to tramp, "because there's £50 of copper in one of those coins."

Gold still hovering around recent tops and no breakout.

Gold started its current upward movement at the beginning of August, where it moved upwards basically uninterrupted until the middle of Oct before selling off. Looking at the chart a push through $1400 remains possible over the next month.

Isn't the point about Japan is they didn't purge the excess, the debt, the fraud etc etc etc and that is why they have zombie banks and companies? Japan isn't cured and the West won't cure itself by going Japanese.

Gold is down $6.5 - after a near $50 move up yesterday to $1394. Good God man, you are incredible.

Edit: I agree it should ultimately deflate, but it is going to take longer than 48 hours to see it.

The top was in at $1374 the other week apparently. Please do keep up ;)

Your quote.

Lets see the price of gold in Yen over a period of the last 20 years.

I wonder what you'll find.

According to Fortuneate Magazine the best investment has been the price of Kiwi Fruit verses the Paraguan Peso. But only over the past 18 years as things shifted in the final year to where Zinc proved to be number one in relation to the pre-Eu Romanian Zapistas.

Bottom line: its all relative to what you have invested in yourself. If you bought Yen you might be better of vs. gold than someone who holds Mexican pesos in relation to sugar etc.

For those who livein the Sterlig world gold is still below 1980 peak IA. Well below. But if you bought low and actually sold you may have done better than someone who bought INtel stock in 1993 and sold before Dotcom burst.

Timing, right cvhoice of investment, right currency etc. all come into play.

For those who livein the Sterlig world gold is still below 1980 peak IA. Well below. But if you bought low and actually sold you may have done better than someone who bought INtel stock in 1993 and sold before Dotcom burst.

I thought you said gold was in a bubble, about to crash?

According to Fortuneate Magazine the best investment has been the price of Kiwi Fruit verses the Paraguan Peso. But only over the past 18 years as things shifted in the final year to where Zinc proved to be number one in relation to the pre-Eu Romanian Zapistas.

Bottom line: its all relative to what you have invested in yourself. If you bought Yen you might be better of vs. gold than someone who holds Mexican pesos in relation to sugar etc.

Pseudo-intellectual cr@p!

Gold started its current upward movement at the beginning of August, where it moved upwards basically uninterrupted until the middle of Oct before selling off. Looking at the chart a push through $1400 remains possible over the next month.

Isn't the point about Japan is they didn't purge the excess, the debt, the fraud etc etc etc and that is why they have zombie banks and companies? Japan isn't cured and the West won't cure itself by going Japanese.

Japan won't take the necessary steps--austerity. TBH they don't have to because their stuff is still in demand worldwide. They, like Jerry, make high quality kit that people still buy.

Edited by Realistbear

Quite. And if you'd put your STR fund into gold when you sold up, your HPC would already have happened in spring 2009, and I reckon you'd be in your own house now, fully paid off and with a nice retirement fund.

Quite. And if you'd put your STR fund into gold when you sold up, your HPC would already have happened in spring 2009, and I reckon you'd be in your own house now, fully paid off and with a nice retirement fund.

How about HON recommended last year? $23 a share back then. $49 at the close yesterday. Thats 100% or more in a year. Some on here bought UKC a couple of years ago and some of us made 300% in a few months.

Or, btter yet SYNTS on the NASDQ up 673% in 4 months.

Or, quicker, put it al on RED and hope 0, 00 or Black deos not come up.

Ad nauseum.

The big question is what to invest in now as "monday morning quarterbacks" are always billionaires if only.......

The big question is what to invest in now as "monday morning quarterbacks" are always billionaires if only.......

The big question is what is likely to preserve wealth in the face of guaranteed government money printing. I'm betting it's not money.

Mournful bell tolls in background:

GOLD 11/05/2010 07:12 1378.70 1379.70 -14.20

-1.02%

Funny how so many threads seem to drift into gold discussion threads huh? :blink:

Edited by Realistbear

Mournful bell tolls in background:

GOLD 11/05/2010 07:12 1378.70 1379.70 -14.20

-1.02%

Funny how threads seem to drift kinto goldsicussion threads huh? :blink:

How has it performed, in pounds, this week?

1. You think we are going Japan. Have a look above at the gold/Yen graph.

2. You stated that gold is nowhere near the highs of the early 1980's.

Yet you are bearish on gold??

You are a gold troll of the highest order, and stir for the sake of it, because you know you will get a response, nothing else.

RB : Fafa's right on this one.

Gold is the 800 lb gorilla snoozing in the corner. He's woken up again. Really does not matter what's going on otherwise. And I'm not a goldbug, far from it.

I'm a deflationist. My personal view is that all that Bernanke is doing is creating a storm. It's the aftermath that I'm worried about.

And this storm spans the globe.

How has it performed, in pounds, this week?

1. You think we are going Japan. Have a look above at the gold/Yen graph.

2. You stated that gold is nowhere near the highs of the early 1980's.

Yet you are bearish on gold??

You are a gold troll of the highest order, and stir for the sake of it, because you know you will get a response, nothing else.

I just like to offer some balance for the numerous goldbugs on here that turn every thread nto a gold investing ramp.

I am not bearish or bullish on gold but simply belive it will eventually do what it always does eventually: crash. For goldbugs its simply a matter of timing and knowing when to dump.

Comparing the price of gold to an infinite number of other investments is not worthwhile. Priced in Norwegian Kr. it is not such a good investment, priced in Zim $ a very goo investment and so on............................................Its really a tin foil hat play or something most FPs suggest having as a token in your overall investment portfolio.

Much Gold selling is no different to the other scams out there as they are all pieces of paper representing very dubious business transactions.

The big money is being made by the ETF boys who sell it by the hundreds of tons whether the physical exists or not.