House Price Crash Forum

A Good Price?

HOLA441
HOLA442

I'm not offering to sell here but this is what um a supplier told me.

Price is £14.42 per 1 troy oz of silver the .999

Min purchase is 10oz at a time.... compared to Sarnia which is £17.99 for everything its a fair good price, but you reckon its worth a punt?

suspiciously good really, bearing in mind spot price is now over £15 oz!

is that plus VAT though?

HOLA443
HOLA444

It's a very good price if you're confident he can get it throught customs with no risk, you could even sell it on arrival for a 17.5 (soon20)% markup as secondhand silver in the UK tends to have the VAT priced in.

Good luck getting anything from Sarnia or CI just now, they've been stripped bare :lol:.

HOLA445

I'm not offering to sell here but this is what um a supplier told me.

Price is £14.42 per 1 troy oz of silver the .999

Min purchase is 10oz at a time.... compared to Sarnia which is £17.99 for everything its a fair good price, but you reckon its worth a punt?

er yes..post the link I'll buy a load then sell them on ebay the next day where they're going for £22-23 per oz ASEs Maples

HOLA446

It's a very good price if you're confident he can get it throught customs with no risk, you could even sell it on arrival for a 17.5 (soon20)% markup as secondhand silver in the UK tends to have the VAT priced in.

Good luck getting anything from Sarnia or CI just now, they've been stripped bare :lol:.

Presumably when VAT goes up to 20% then everybody's non gold PM stash will immediately increase in value by the extra 2.5%. That's more than the annual interest on most of my cash savings.

HOLA447

er yes..post the link I'll buy a load then sell them on ebay the next day where they're going for £22-23 per oz ASEs Maples

Its not a link, as said its My dad over there who walked into a highstreet shop and found 1oz silver bars and even bigger 10z kilo bars and 50z bricks. Over there premium over spot prices is much lower much like currency exchange they taeke typically 0.2% while UK banks and dealers take anything up to 5% Sarnia is selling at 20% premium for example or was.

• 2 months later...
HOLA448

Would you be able to post or pm me the high street shop and location? I'm in HK tomorrow for a week (it's my home town) Looking to pick up a few silver coins - although prices seem kinda high at the moment. Normally I just walk into a Luk Fook store.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Would you be able to post or pm me the high street shop and location? I'm in HK tomorrow for a week (it's my home town) Looking to pick up a few silver coins - although prices seem kinda high at the moment. Normally I just walk into a Luk Fook store.

For some reason it won't let me PM you!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

At that price, I'd get a bagful and then walk through the red gate and pay the VAT. It would still be dirt cheap.

Bear in mind this was the price in October not today, today it is a touch above spot price though only three places sell it. THey prefer gold there to silver.

HOLA4415

Bah for some reason I can't pm too! plus it says I have some sort of message but I can't find it/any!

I thought HK would be a good place to buy silver since the chinese are gold bugs. TBH I'll probably leave them in my place here see no reason to take them back to UK - therefore no customs problem too!