House Price Crash Forum

Noticed Quite A Few Sstc Since The Halifax Prices Fall Shock

Si1

HOLA441
HOLA442

seen very recent updates on RM saying sold, dated AFTER the halifax (many TODAY updated) , at what look like slight bounce in prices

anyone notice the same?

There always seems to be a stack of SSTC on Rightmove. To the point where it looks like the market is vibrant. I can only assume most are hoax. Quite a few go back to Available.

HOLA443

Yup. Even in the local paper the other day an estate agent took out a two page spread, not for sale adverts but SSTC 'in the last week' adverts.

Last time they did this about half of the 'sales' fell through and were re advertised for sale.

They also have 'new price' stars on the pictures for about 6 months after the new price.

They have no shame, obviously.

HOLA444

I know of one property that is shown as SSTC on Rightmove where the sale has gone through and the property has changed hands.

It isn't just the the estate agent hasn't got round to removing it, because I have Property Bee, and 5 days after the sale was completed, the description was tweaked.

Funny, that.

HOLA445

One agent near me re listed all the properties that they sold over the last several months as sstc. The vast majority I assume completed long ago. One I know moved as I saw the removal van moving the new people in.

It's all about keeping up appearances.

HOLA446

One agent near me re listed all the properties that they sold over the last several months as sstc. The vast majority I assume completed long ago. One I know moved as I saw the removal van moving the new people in.

Indeed it is. Around here there are a lot of houses up for sale but without an EA sign (a friend of mine is listing in a couple of months and has asked that they do not put up a sign). I heard that Brighton is considering a planning law to stop EA signs going up--they must be anticipating a rush to sell very soon IMO. They do not want to give the appearance of too many gaffs on the market.

Go onto RM and click on the number of new listings in the last 30 days and you get an idea of the flood of new stuff coming on.

HOLA447

Yep walked past a sequence branch the other day ,window was full of sold and sstc sings on the advertised houses thought to my self that cant be wright as the week before the window was full off the same overpriced houses that have been there for months on end .But after a closer look I noticed properties there that was sold 2 + y

ears ago ,I think they are now clinging on by there finger nails as I see that those tactics are more than a bit desperate

edit :forgot to say they are trying other methods as i know two people trying to sell and have had the prices talked down by the EA twice but despite the reductions have had only a couple of viewings in the past 4-5 months but they wont drop no more because they ain't going to"" give it away"" a rock and a hard place comes to mind for EAs, ya reap what you sew i suppose

Edited by long time lurking

HOLA448

+1

In my search area (houses in SW London) nearly 50% of SSTC properties actually completed up to 7 months ago (they are all on Land Registry).

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I haven't been looking that closely. But how do you know what price they actually went for? They're SSTC and the asking price is shown. Maybe quite a few of these decided that 'haircut' offers weren't so bad after all.

Because I either went to view them/got the door number from the photos and looked them up on Land Registry. Its so obvious the EAs are leaving sold properties on Rightmove for months and months to create the illusion of a buoyant market, I'm surprised more people haven't twigged.

HOLA4412