House Price Crash Forum

Owner Raffles Home

doogie

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4225262.stm

Who exactly does she think is going to spend £1000 for a tiny chance of winning the least saleable property in Britain?! :rolleyes:

Clearly she isn't the brightest bulb in the box. I really fancy fireworks being pushed through my letterbox, especially as it only cost me £1000.

I think this whole 'raffling houses' trend is another clear indication that the market has peaked (some time ago).

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Insp Adrian Green of Durham Police said: "It is a very small minority of youths within West Cornforth who are using anti-social behaviour to intimidate people and obviously that makes people who may well be witnesses reticent to come forward.

Really? Well if that is the case then why the hell can't it be dealt with?

If it can't be dealt with because there are legal issues which are exacerbating the problem then those responsible for protecting society should bloody well open theirs gobs and start petitioning for rules and laws that are effective.

Then again what about all the overtime? Maybe there really is no will to sort problems out.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Yeah, what a bargain.

She gets in excess of £200K for a complete dump with anti-social neighbours.

199+ people throw away a grand and get nothing.

One person pays a grand to get an ugly pebble dashed house in chav central.

There are no winners in this raffle!

Actually I'd doubt anyone will lose £1000 as I know very few people are willing to spend that sort of money on that sort of gamble.

Up to £5 a go, its an easy sell. At £10 the number of tickets sold falls by more than 60% (i.e. instead of selling 100 you sell 40 or so). At £50 you are luck to sell more than 5.

Oh and this is from my rather profitable sideline business, oh and it can't be a lottery or a raffle. The gaming board have a very serious dislike of these kind of illegal lotteries.

Edited by eek

HOLA4410

Of course as with all houses this was bought for peanuts 3 years ago:-

31, High Street

West Cornforth, Ferryhill

Durham

DL17 9HN

£66,200

Detached

Freehold

Build status not stated

05 Jun 2002

Map(DL17 9HN)

£66,000 then compared to £200,000 now. I'm not sure who the criminals are but its looking more and more like the owner.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest Bart of Darkness

You couldn't pay me to live there.

Insp Adrian Green of Durham Police said: "It is a very small minority of youths within West Cornforth who are using anti-social behaviour to intimidate people and obviously that makes people who may well be witnesses reticent to come forward.

Really? Well if that is the case then why the hell can't it be dealt with?

That would involve actually doing something. You know, like investigating and stuff. This may make police officer's heads hurt as they are not used to such radical approaches.

Plus it would mean that they have to get out of their cars.

The whole idea is a non-starter.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Yeah, what a bargain.

She gets in excess of £200K for a complete dump with anti-social neighbours.

199+ people throw away a grand and get nothing.

One person pays a grand to get an ugly pebble dashed house in chav central.

There are no winners in this raffle!

I'll buy a ticket if she drops the price to a pound. Could maybe bulldoze it and turn it into an allotment!

• 2 months later...
HOLA4416

She apparently sold 60 tickets so not enough to complete the raffle. The area in which she lives is not really that bad. It has a few problems like else where, but alot of her problems as I understand it have been caused by herself and her attitude towards people and the local community.

HOLA4417