House Price Crash Forum

Opera

Dubai

HOLA441

After a tip-off from Noodle (thanks Noodle) I downloaded Opera for the Mac.

Safari has been playing up here, not allowing me to insert returns, which makes posts look rather scrappy.

Firefox couldn't edit posts.... the button was "dead".

Early impressions.... Opera really does seem snappier. Nice, clean interface. The only quibble so far is I can't see a way to import bookmarks from other browsers.... but all in all, try it, you might like it!

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Opera & SR Ware 'Iron' (a stripped out Google chrome) are the only browsers I use.

Firefox is so passé

Thanks for that tip Laura. SR Ware iron now downloaded and deployed! Just checking to see if a Linux/Ubuntu port exists, though it might run under Wine.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I still use FF because I like the "look" of the pages it draws. Each browser has a slightly different one. FF doesn't half bloat and slow down though, even with plugins off.

Chrome I like and Opera too, both similar. Both slick, both have in-cognito modes. Right now I use Opera for some spammy work related accounts I have.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

After a tip-off from Noodle (thanks Noodle) I downloaded Opera for the Mac.

Safari has been playing up here, not allowing me to insert returns, which makes posts look rather scrappy.

Firefox couldn't edit posts.... the button was "dead".

Early impressions.... Opera really does seem snappier. Nice, clean interface. The only quibble so far is I can't see a way to import bookmarks from other browsers.... but all in all, try it, you might like it!

Menu (top left) - Bookmarks - Manage Bookmarks - File (Fifth sub-tab from left) - Import (various browser type) bookmarks...

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Opera is fab, just needs Adblock and NoScript and I would use it all the time.

Beware when testing Javascript on it though, I was tearing my hair out until I realised pressing shift refresh was not updating the code. Plus it's font rendering can be a little idiosyncratic.

HOLA4416

Beware when testing Javascript on it though, I was tearing my hair out until I realised pressing shift refresh was not updating the code. Plus it's font rendering can be a little idiosyncratic.

Eh? :unsure:

So far so good.... except I don't like the way it does bookmarks (drop down menu with subs). A bar is much quicker. But then again, overall I think Opera is very fast..... everything seems to load quicker, for some reason. Very nice!

Archived