House Price Crash Forum

Help! Stye In Me Eye

cattius

HOLA441

It's my first one and I'm wondering how to treat it. There are loads of remedies on the net but I doubt rubbing gold on it, or such like, will help.

Also, it appeared yesterday so how long should i expect it to annoy me?

Cheers.

HOLA442
Guest theboltonfury

It's my first one and I'm wondering how to treat it. There are loads of remedies on the net but I doubt rubbing gold on it, or such like, will help.

Cheers.

seriously, rub gold on it.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest theboltonfury

Is rubbing stuff on it a patented TBF remedy for all ills?

At least you didn't say dogfish.

That's pretty much my rubbing repetoire exhausted.

HOLA446
Guest Skinty

After an eye operation I got bletharitus and ended up really sensitive to light with swollen eye lids.

I now have to go through a daily cleaning routing on my eye and don't feel comfortable until I do. I have some warm boiled water that I dip a cotton wool ball into and use that to soften the skin of my eye lids. I then get a cotton wool bud, dip that in another glass of water mixed 10 drops of water to 1 drop of baby shampoo. I then rub my eye lids with that. Then rinse again with another cotton wool ball dipped in the clean water.

I've since tried to stop using the baby shampoo if I can but occasionally do still use it. The doctor gave me some antibiotics first though. You should go to your GP first.

You'd think that eye departments at hospitals would know what they are talking about but the amount of contradictory information I got was ridiculous. It was only about a year later that I moved and went to a hospital where they explained why I was still having problems. I am beginning to suspect because of this and by what other people have said that Brighton hospital is a really crap place to go for eye operations.

HOLA447

Cheers.

if it's annoying you now, you wait 'til the pigs move in.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Another way of getting rid of them is before you go to bed press a match or tea spoon handle onto your eyelid, pull your eyelid back over the match by holding onto a your eye lashes. This should burst it but you do not feel any difference straight away, but next morning it should be gone. It sounds painful but you don't feel a thing :)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Does silver work?!

Going tommy gp isn't an option because im working away from home and working long hours.

Will I get away with washing it with baby shampoo then?

It's usually a gland that produces some of the lubricant for the eyes that gets blocked and colonised with pus producing bugs.

Antibiotics work pretty well, or you can keep it clean with baby shampoo (the stuff that doesn't irritate the eyes)

Otherwise just wait a few days and it usually bursts and heals without too much bother.

HOLA4412

It's usually a gland that produces some of the lubricant for the eyes that gets blocked and colonised with pus producing bugs.

Antibiotics work pretty well, or you can keep it clean with baby shampoo (the stuff that doesn't irritate the eyes)

Otherwise just wait a few days and it usually bursts and heals without too much bother.

Nice one, thanks.

HOLA4413

Cheers.

I just cut em off with a Stanley Knife.

Spiney.

HOLA4414

I just cut em off with a Stanley Knife.

Spiney.

use a hot teabag instead!!

it does work.

upon making yourself a morning cuppa,prior to adding milk+sugar to your brew.

....remove the teabag from the cup and press until only moderately damp.

place over the eye in afflicted location for a couple of minutes.

in a day or two,the stye will be gone,or in the case of really hard bastards removeable with a bit of pressure and a strategically located cotton bud.

the tanin in teabags is antiseptic,and the heat will loosen the pores.

HOLA4415

Does silver work?!

Going tommy gp isn't an option because im working away from home and working long hours.

Will I get away with washing it with baby shampoo then?

As an aside, I work away from home a lot too and I have this issue. I find it a pain in the ass I can't just walk into a GP where I work and be checked. I have to leave early on a Friday or something instead. GP surgery's are geared toward the people that don't f*cking pay for them!

Anyway, as for styes, I only ever had one or two and I'm sure they are associated with being run down. Since eating fruit and ensuring my vitamin intake is correct every day for the last four years, I have never had them since, or, I kid you not, the flu. Just as well I don't need the GP often!

Archived