House Price Crash Forum

Welcome To The Fear Phase

HOLA441
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

It is an early call but I believe the fear phase has just started. Of the areas I monitor a dramatic change in the market has occurred in the last month. Several of these markets fall into the hot market category where they nearly erased 2008 falls by early summer.

With the new coalition showing little sign of wanting to falsely support the market it looks like the final phase of the healing process has begun.

25246_353964432594_708492594_4201247_1034388_n.jpg

A good alternative graph.

Psychology-of-Market-Cycles.jpg

HOLA443

Until interest rates go up nothing will change.

Sure a few people have lost their jobs, but for the rest in work they've seen interest rates make housing so stupidly cheap it's a joke.

Interest rates won't be going up, we are all going to pay for this banking **** up through an inflation tax!

Printy, Printy.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Noginthenog

HOLA444

It's less to do with people losing their jobs and being forced to sell. The fear comes from realisation that incomes will not be high enough to support current price levels and if I can sell now to a sucker that will pay something like 2007 prices using a LIAR LOAN - I can make money and That if I wait, I'll be stuck with the other mugs who paid 50% more than my house is worth.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

A certain cretin called G Brown lies behind the bankrupting of the UK. He should be put in front of a firing squad for treason. :angry:

I think the best strategy is to start by demanding a Public Inquiry, but on the root cause of the crisis: the unchecked emergence on the credit bubble.

That will get Brown.

Edited by Tired of Waiting

HOLA4410

I think the best strategy is to start by demanding a Public Inquiry, but on the root cause of the crisis: the unchecked emergence on the credit bubble.

That will get Brown.

Not sure if you can remember but during the peak of the first phase of the financial crisis there was an RBS whistle blower. He claimed to have evidence that linked Brown to the reckless lending, the whistle blower very quickly disappeared from media attention.

That was enough for me to conclude that Brown had pressurised the banks to lend recklessly in the final stages of the bubble and it also explained why the senior bankers at the helm showed little to know remorse for the mess we are in.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Not sure if you can remember but during the peak of the first phase of the financial crisis there was an RBS whistle blower. He claimed to have evidence that linked Brown to the reckless lending, the whistle blower very quickly disappeared from media attention.

That was enough for me to conclude that Brown had pressurised the banks to lend recklessly in the final stages of the bubble and it also explained why the senior bankers at the helm showed little to know remorse for the mess we are in.

I believe that is quite possible. But just the episode of the removal of housing costs from the inflation index would be enough. It is on public record, including in Parliament, when Committees interviewed Mervyn King. Slum duck case.

HOLA4413

Indeed as long as we don't get government intervention the increase in falls are a given .

Here in a town just outside Bournemouth i am seeing ..................

As a fellow Bournemouthonian I see the same.

Will never tire of seeing estate agents and pwoperty types suffer, the whole area has depended on house prices for the last decade. It's all around, that's for sure

HOLA4414

post-17023-096273400 1286538657_thumb.jpg

Classic. This has almost as much potential as Daddy Bear's signature.

Brilliant! Worth starting a little competition I reckon, winner gets a caravan!

post-17023-096273400 1286538657_thumb.jpg

Edited by robo1968

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424