House Price Crash Forum

Holland To Win!

Dubai

HOLA441

Mani, a 13-year-old parakeet, picks up a card with the flag of the Netherlands in Singapore's Little India neighborhood, Friday July 9, 2010. Mani's owner, fortune-teller M. Muniyappan, claims the bird accurately predicted the winner of the tournament's four quarterfinal games and Spain's victory in its semifinal match. http://business.maktoob.com/20090000487970/World_Cup-forecasting_parakeet_picks_Dutch/Article.htm?utm_campaign=Day-Newsletter&utm_medium=Main-News10&utm_source=Day-Newsletter&utm_content=

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I slapped a couple of quid on the dutch before the tournament so it would be nice to get something back from the bookies for a change. Regardless, it would be good to see a team other than Spain win something.

p.s. IIRC the country's proper name is the Netherlands. Holland is only a region within the Netherlands.

HOLA446

It's debatable whether relying on an octopus to predict the future is logical. It's just an animal, swimming around aimlessly. The chances of it accurately picking the winner are simply 50/50. Either it swims to one flag or the other.

Therefore, I have 100% confidence in the parakeet and my money is on Holland ;)

HOLA447

The Octopus has, to date, only predicted Germany's games correctly.

My Dog on the other hand hasn't given a flying ball bag who wins or loses in ANY of the World Cup matches. BEAT THAT!!

In fact, I'm starting to suspect that my Dog is incapable of comprehending what a game of Football is. I can't quite put my finger on why.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest anorthosite

Was sitting watching a nice, romantic movie with Mrs Anorthosite last night when she suddenly said I was the most annoying twit she'd ever met. ****** me, I was so surprised I almost dropped my vuvuzela

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Was sitting watching a nice, romantic movie with Mrs Anorthosite last night when she suddenly said I was the most annoying twit she'd ever met. ****** me, I was so surprised I almost dropped my vuvuzela

Introduce her to Bruno.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

My Dogs parents shouldn't escape an accusatory finger either. If I ask either of them who will win the World Cup Brasil 2014 they just turn their head slightly, when pressed they pant a little and sit down.

You really should not describe your bird in that way.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Guest PenelopePitstop

You should've listened to the octopus.

Wonder what he's like on stock- and housing-market predictions? ;)

If brains were feet, we'd probably have to carry him around.... ;)

Well done Spain, the better team all round.

HOLA4420

Surprised to see Hansen slate the Dutch so much.

I think they were too honest. Robben could easily have had a penalty.

I hate to see the Spanish win. Yeah, they played the best football easily. But why do latin cn uts have to dive all the time? They love diving?

I know it is in their culture but this culture of cheating is maybe the only thing preventing me from ever visiting or living in a latin country.

Why cheat others? Why be tw@ts and bleat like scousers? I don't understand it? NO CLASS.

btw, what's with this MASSIVE subliminal advert for Emirates when the medals are handed out???? Can someone explain that?

HOLA4421
Guest PenelopePitstop

I hate to see the Spanish win. Yeah, they played the best football easily. But why do latin cn uts have to dive all the time? They love diving?

Italians are the same - drama queens! :rolleyes:

HOLA4422

If brains were feet, we'd probably have to carry him around.... ;)

Well done Spain, the better team all round.

The Dutch were dirty buggers...I'm glad that the team with the best technical ability won. I hope that the FA will take notice, but I severely doubt it..

HOLA4423
Guest PenelopePitstop

The Dutch were dirty buggers...I'm glad that the team with the best technical ability won. I hope that the FA will take notice, but I severely doubt it..

Yeah, 6 yellow cards, opposed to 3 for Spain.

HOLA4424

Yup.

Best team won.

Not a great final.

The Netherlands should have had two more players sent off. They also should have won it in open play a couple of times.

Given that I predicted England would win it. That they would beat Algeria 6-nil. That France would beat South Africa 40-nil. Does anyone want to know my predictions for Brasil 2014? It would more or less be like when McFly get's the sports almanac in BTTF.

HOLA4425

Italians are the same - drama queens! :rolleyes:

Don't get me started on them! Even worse!

Funny thing is, the original latin countries are worse than the countries they emigrated to. The Spaniards, Portuguese and Italians moan like crazy and cheat like crazy way more than Brazilians and Argentians and other S. American countries.

Archived