House Price Crash Forum

Hometrack: Record Increase In House Price Inflation

HOLA441

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601102&sid=a0ovfoBmarjA

U.K. February Home Prices Rise Most Since 2007, Hometrack Says
Share Business ExchangeTwitterFacebook| Email | Print | A A A By Zijing Wu
March 1 (Bloomberg) -- House prices in England and Wales rose in February at their fastest pace since the financial crisis began as a shortage of properties for sale persisted, Hometrack Ltd. said.
The average cost of a home gained 0.3 percent, the most since June 2007, to 157,600 pounds ($241,000), the London-based research group said in a statement today. Prices rose 0.4 percent from a year earlier, the first annual increase since March 2008.
Hometrack said the increase reflected a lack of supply rather than a balanced recovery.
While recent gains were encouraging sellers to seek higher prices, growth in sales agreed last month slumped to a third of its eight-year average.

The genral public (sheeple) will not look too deeply into what is behind the illusion of further house price rises in the face of worsening recession but it may have been enough for them to see that Brown is the man for the job and that he ought to be getting on with it as he shoves aside the opposition.

I was annoyed with the possibility of 5 more years of political thuggery but on reflection justice demans he is the man in office when the Piper comes knocking again.

HOLA442

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601102&sid=asHzUsZ3qlZc

March 1 (Bloomberg) -- Luxury-home prices in central London jumped 17 percent in February from a year earlier, the biggest gain in almost two years, as more buyers competed for a dwindling number of properties, Knight Frank LLP said.

17% MOM increase in London may have more to do with the Sterling crash?

Its frenzy time out there again, that is for sure.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA443

I find myself imagining the following surreal situation ... let's go forward 2 years.

March 1st - 2012

Hometrack said today that house prices rose faster than ever before - up 43% in February 2012. A spokesman cautioned that not too much should be read into the astounding figure as the data is based on only one transaction. Yes, just one property changed hands in February.

HOLA444

The good (or bad?) news is, that whoever wins the election, and they are both about spin and lies, the UK will be getting a large dose of medicine, administered on a wooden spoon right to the back of the tonsils by a very pissed off Nanny (think "Misery"). One way or another, the sheeple, and all of us are in for a very bumpy few years?

HOLA445

Looks like the south east is bucking the trend and you are all paying a HIGH PRICE for living down there.Meanwhile here in the sunny northwest we continue to have a market that is doing what a market should be in these times...every month i am tracking falls in prices with my area

Just for the last 6 months at -6% officially.i really hope you people down south dont lose faith.. as if the rises were in my area i would be so bloody angry it wopuld not be funny..Some of my houses in my search are celebrating there third birthday on the maket this month...i send a card to the estate agent via right move just to make them happy.. :P:P

HOLA446
HOLA447

Looks like the south east is bucking the trend and you are all paying a HIGH PRICE for living down there.Meanwhile here in the sunny northwest we continue to have a market that is doing what a market should be in these times...every month i am tracking falls in prices with my area

Just for the last 6 months at -6% officially.i really hope you people down south dont lose faith.. as if the rises were in my area i would be so bloody angry it wopuld not be funny..Some of my houses in my search are celebrating there third birthday on the maket this month...i send a card to the estate agent via right move just to make them happy.. :P:P

Indeed - I suspect that a foreign land-grab is in progress in the prime areas. That, plus low transactions is pushing this ever outwards into the less desirable areas of London... FFS...

HOLA448

The people down south are going pay for their high prices with their offshored employment prospects.

HOLA449

Same here in East Yorkshire.

Loads of reductions in the local paper this week , some with a good 10% reduction. Lots of property available to rent too , thus removing the chance of other people renting their house out instead of selling it.

I'd say the 4 bed detacheds are dropping by 1k a month.

HOLA4410
The average cost of a home gained 0.3 percent, the most since June 2007, to 157,600 pounds ($241,000), the London-based research group said in a statement today. Prices rose 0.4 percent from a year earlier, the first annual increase since March 2008.

The bulls will be going mental over this one...

HOLA4411

Same here in East Yorkshire.

Loads of reductions in the local paper this week , some with a good 10% reduction. Lots of property available to rent too , thus removing the chance of other people renting their house out instead of selling it.

I'd say the 4 bed detacheds are dropping by 1k a month.

maybe cause half of east riding will be under water in the next 50 yrs