House Price Crash Forum

Time To Go?

Flatdog

HOLA441

I think that it was Laura that started a 'time to pack your bags' thread earlier, thought that I would add my gripe.

After an unpronounced 'upgrade' which few seem to appreciate and the majority abhor, the forum then goes 'offline' for the best part of two days...and so far (as I can see) no word of explanation.

Can't believe that whomever it is that runs/sponsors this forum is so disinterested in the value of its members that it even has the audacity to host a dfs ad on the main page.

Times they are a changin'.

FOR THE WORST

HOLA442

I think that it was Laura that started a 'time to pack your bags' thread earlier, thought that I would add my gripe.

After an unpronounced 'upgrade' which few seem to appreciate and the majority abhor, the forum then goes 'offline' for the best part of two days...and so far (as I can see) no word of explanation.

Can't believe that whomever it is that runs/sponsors this forum is so disinterested in the value of its members that it even has the audacity to host a dfs ad on the main page.

Times they are a changin'.

FOR THE WORST

Yes it feels like this forum is fizzling out, which is a shame because I've enjoyed it here for the last 2 1/2 years. The upgrade has hastened what felt like an accelerating process. TBH I think most bears have lapsed into depression over the way things have panned out, given that nobody identifying as a bear anticipated the extent of this bull trap / bounce at end of crash.

Time for the archivists to step in?

HOLA443

It is in the worst possible taste to add a reply to one's own topic, nevertheless:

It upsets me that a website like HPC which owes its success entirely to the free thinking people that take the time to post on it can be so dismissive of its primary resource.

It ain't the forum that is at fault, just whomever or whatever it is that funds the thing.

HOLA444

Yes it feels like this forum is fizzling out, which is a shame because I've enjoyed it here for the last 2 1/2 years. The upgrade has hastened what felt like an accelerating process. TBH I think most bears have lapsed into depression over the way things have panned out, given that nobody identifying as a bear anticipated the extent of this bull trap / bounce at end of crash.

Time for the archivists to step in?

Well, I love this forum and really hate to see it fizzling out.

Posters come and go, no worries, but HPC has up to now managed to retain a degree of 'intrigue'.

The archivists need not be sharpening their (whatever archivists sharpen) just yet, the bears might well be resting for now.

HOLA445

Well, I love this forum and really hate to see it fizzling out.

Posters come and go, no worries, but HPC has up to now managed to retain a degree of 'intrigue'.

The archivists need not be sharpening their (whatever archivists sharpen) just yet, the bears might well be resting for now.

...a forum accommodates all types....including those who ride upgrades and change as a norm of life....just like on earth people arrive and depart all the time....by the way don't see any harm in you contributing or 'replying' to your own topic...a thread is a debate... :)

HOLA446
HOLA447

...a forum accommodates all types....including those who ride upgrades and change as a norm of life....just like on earth people arrive and depart all the time....by the way don't see any harm in you contributing or 'replying' to your own topic...a thread is a debate... :)

Absoloodle, any forum can only be qualified as such if it is allowed to debate.

HOLA448
HOLA449

yeah. that and the free hosting and admin.......

The whole point of this forum has been 'warped' into a poster fuelled commercial opportunity ..acceptable up to a point, us being grown up and all, but recent events with HPC make me think otherwise.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414