House Price Crash Forum

Being Single And Happy - One Of The Few Cultural Taboos Left

ccc

HOLA441

Got waved at by 4 young ladies in the car today ;)

Unfortunately for me though, they were all about 12 years old. :(

Been single for many years and you can see that some people think me weird for it. Some of the people at work especially seem to think that I have some bizarre secret life or weird hidden deformity that keeps me from getting a woman.

In reality it's just my poor social skills :lol:

A "part time" girlfriend would do me nicely. All the good bits without her getting on your nerves. :lol:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
A "part time" girlfriend would do me nicely. All the good bits without her getting on your nerves. :lol:

You jest, but chance would be a fine thing. Unless you're lucky enough to get a f*ck-buddy, you'll either have to enjoy the freedom that only singledom grants (and go to bed alone) or do the 'right thing', lose your independence but safe in the knowledge that you've got theoretical sex on tap.

Yeah, i'm happy being married, who wants to make something of it?

HOLA443
Got waved at by 4 young ladies in the car today ;)

Unfortunately for me though, they were all about 12 years old. :(

Been single for many years and you can see that some people think me weird for it. Some of the people at work especially seem to think that I have some bizarre secret life or weird hidden deformity that keeps me from getting a woman.

In reality it's just my poor social skills :lol:

I managed to get that for about 2 years. All the good bits without the nonsense. Only problem is the woman will eventually want the rest. :(

HOLA444

Was emailing a bird today I haven't spoken to for ages. Just saying how I am single and happy and how the idea of getting married and having kids is just not for me. The response, and I quote exactly here:

"you just havent met the right person!"

If I could make bets on this stuff I would make a fortune.

HOLA445
Guest P-Diddly
Families can be the worst for discrimination. Indeed recently my sister getting left some "family heirlooms" as an inheritance because "Paul hasn't anyone to leave them to." :lol:

No sh1t!

I remember years ago mother saying "you must commit, you must, you must get married, I want grandchildren, you're brothers gay so who else". Then about a month ago "I think may be you shouldn't have got married".

I'm going to find a dark little corner somewhere on the plant and curl up and . . .

HOLA446
You jest, but chance would be a fine thing. Unless you're lucky enough to get a f*ck-buddy, you'll either have to enjoy the freedom that only singledom grants (and go to bed alone) or do the 'right thing', lose your independence but safe in the knowledge that you've got theoretical sex on tap.

Yeah, i'm happy being married, who wants to make something of it?

That sounds a bit like Grant Bovey's massive profits that are yet to materialise!

The fact is, in my entire life I have only heard one or two married men recommend marriage; most have kept silent or urged me not to do it (the latter group included my own father, sadly).

I think if you are genuinely happily married; ie you have a mutually satisfying relationship in all aspects, you are VERY lucky and I suspect it is a very rare state.

I think one of the reasons why people don't like the idea of singledom is because they dread the thought of being alone, and would rather 'put up' with someone than be alone. I am perfectly happy being alone and prefer it to being stuck with someone for the sake of it.

I also think that the ideal of romantic love has in some ways supplanted the ideal of religious faith in our society. Some people, especially women, look to their partner to 'fulfill' them in some quasi-spiritual way, so to go against this is almost akin to blasphemy.

HOLA447
That sounds a bit like Grant Bovey's massive profits that are yet to materialise!

The fact is, in my entire life I have only heard one or two married men recommend marriage; most have kept silent or urged me not to do it (the latter group included my own father, sadly).

I think if you are genuinely happily married; ie you have a mutually satisfying relationship in all aspects, you are VERY lucky and I suspect it is a very rare state.

I think one of the reasons why people don't like the idea of singledom is because they dread the thought of being alone, and would rather 'put up' with someone than be alone. I am perfectly happy being alone and prefer it to being stuck with someone for the sake of it.

I also think that the ideal of romantic love has in some ways supplanted the ideal of religious faith in our society. Some people, especially women, look to their partner to 'fulfill' them in some quasi-spiritual way, so to go against this is almost akin to blasphemy.

I'm in my early 30's and people I vaguely know/went to school with are getting married all over the shop - they then post all those ruddy images on facebook. It doesn't make me jealous what so ever. I'm sure many people just look forward to the big day, and only then afterwards, they realise that they could potentially be together for 50 years. I've always thought that its very rare for one of people in a long term relationship not to have an affair. I think we need to be adult about it, and accept that having a "bit on the side" is a natural part of any long term relationship. People get bored of each other after a while.

HOLA448
I'm in my early 30's and people I vaguely know/went to school with are getting married all over the shop - they then post all those ruddy images on facebook. It doesn't make me jealous what so ever. I'm sure many people just look forward to the big day, and only then afterwards, they realise that they could potentially be together for 50 years. I've always thought that its very rare for one of people in a long term relationship not to have an affair. I think we need to be adult about it, and accept that having a "bit on the side" is a natural part of any long term relationship. People get bored of each other after a while.

They also love to post a pic of their kid as their own pic ?!! What is that about ? Very weird. If someone wants to keep in touch with you - they don't want to keep in touch with a pic of a kid. They didn't go to School with that kid.

Totally agree about the bit on the side comment. The number of couples that have kept 100% faithfull must be absolutely tiny. I don't care what surveys say. People lie. Most need something to keep themselves going. Both sides may as well agree on this and when it happens at least they know about it. There must be millions of blokes who happily bang their 'faithful' wife, when in fact they have had another man deposit his load mere hours before !! And vice versa of course.

I don't see the reason to be in denial about all this. Just accept it happens and get on with it. Many do these days - and actually get a cheap thrill out of it. Fair dos. It is most likely going to happen. Either you get all angry and jealous about it, or you use it for a cheap thrill. I know what I prefer.

HOLA449
They also love to post a pic of their kid as their own pic ?!! What is that about ? Very weird. If someone wants to keep in touch with you - they don't want to keep in touch with a pic of a kid. They didn't go to School with that kid.

Totally agree about the bit on the side comment. The number of couples that have kept 100% faithfull must be absolutely tiny. I don't care what surveys say. People lie. Most need something to keep themselves going. Both sides may as well agree on this and when it happens at least they know about it. There must be millions of blokes who happily bang their 'faithful' wife, when in fact they have had another man deposit his load mere hours before !! And vice versa of course.

I don't see the reason to be in denial about all this. Just accept it happens and get on with it. Many do these days - and actually get a cheap thrill out of it. Fair dos. It is most likely going to happen. Either you get all angry and jealous about it, or you use it for a cheap thrill. I know what I prefer.

I may want to get married later on...although if I don't then that's fine. If I did do it, then I think I would have to be upfront from the very start and say "look, there may be some naughtiness on the side if we're together long term"...before anything serious happened.

HOLA4410
Single life is fun but as many have said, you are discriminated against for it.

Also, I'd prefer to have a girlfriend. Haven't had one for 3 bloody years now! I have been lazy and made zero effort. Now I am ramping up my efforts.

Not just to have a girlfriend but to be able to pull a bird off the street or anywhere else I feel like picking up. I know other guys who have been transformed from total chumps (90% of guys who just "get lucky" every now and again) to total Don Juans who pick up chicks every day and are dating (fuc king) 3 different chicks on the go.

Anyone else up for this seduction stuff? Maybe I could start a new thread?

I am very much enjoying my new found singledom. There was a thread in here about pulling techniques (No sniggering at the back). It contained some of the things I try while out so I must be doing something right. :lol:

HOLA4411
I like being married but thats personal preferance. I found being single hard work mainly because I was rubbish at it I and was naive enough to think that a "Hello" was an appropriate conversation starter, this usually resulted in me being looked at as if I had asked them if they would mind awfully if I used their handbag as a toilet for an hour or two as last nights bhuna was playing havoc with my guts. Was always the arrogant, mouthy "look at the size of my balls" tossers who were beating them off with a stick.

A big +1 to that brother. I hear the younger lads at work going on about nights out and whether or not they managed to bag off with some bint and I just think "thank f*ck all that's behind me".

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
A drinking partner of mine spent six hundred quid on a "seduction" weekend course in London a few months ago. He now has the habit of just chatting up lesbians..

Money well spent then? :blink:

HOLA4415
try being a single female in her 30's in London.

with short hair.

big boobs :rolleyes:

Would have thought London the ideal place to be 30s and single! Whatever your haircut, or chest size! ;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
No sh1t!

I remember years ago mother saying "you must commit, you must, you must get married, I want grandchildren, you're brothers gay so who else". Then about a month ago "I think may be you shouldn't have got married".

I'm going to find a dark little corner somewhere on the plant and curl up and . . .

You gotta stop doing what other people want you to do.

HOLA4418
Guest P-Diddly
You gotta stop doing what other people want you to do.

Oh that is so true. Dunno why I do it, always put myself last and live a life of suffering because of it. If I was actually interested in 'things' I be a multi-millionaire, multi, multi, multi! by now.

For myself I just don't care about stuff beyond clean pants and socks without holes (although I have them too).

HOLA4419
Oh that is so true. Dunno why I do it, always put myself last and live a life of suffering because of it. If I was actually interested in 'things' I be a multi-millionaire, multi, multi, multi! by now.

For myself I just don't care about stuff beyond clean pants and socks without holes (although I have them too).

Tick tock, tick tock.

HOLA4420
Guest P-Diddly
Tick tock, tick tock.

Oh it's changed now my old friend. I've fended off some pretty big sharks this year and hopefully it's going to be blue marlin fishing (actual blue marlin fishing off my mates Donzi sportfisher in the Caribbean) for the rest of the year and next.

Might get a condo for myself in a year or so, but no entry to any birds.

HOLA4421
Oh it's changed now my old friend. I've fended off some pretty big sharks this year and hopefully it's going to be blue marlin fishing (actual blue marlin fishing off my mates Donzi sportfisher in the Caribbean) for the rest of the year and next.

Time goes by so slowly for those who wait, I'm hung up, I don't know what to do.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I think that rule may be quickly retracted if some filthy yank starts sniffing around. :lol:

I have no issues with being with birds or he like. I just make it clear I am not into any long term stuff. And I keep it that way. Simple really. Just don't give in to them. Well actually it is harder than it sounds. Need to be strong willed.

HOLA4424
Guest P-Diddly
I think that rule may be quickly retracted if some filthy yank starts sniffing around. :lol:

I have no issues with being with birds or he like. I just make it clear I am not into any long term stuff. And I keep it that way. Simple really. Just don't give in to them. Well actually it is harder than it sounds. Need to be strong willed.

Condo likely Malaysia, not Bermuda, mental money. Certainly not Thailand. Notice how I don't say 'overpriced bedsit in Luton' . . . hmmmm ;)

Once bitten twice shy, me old china. Condo + a collection of motorbikes. To be honest a static caravan plus motorbikes would suit me fine.

HOLA4425
Condo likely Malaysia, not Bermuda, mental money. Certainly not Thailand. Notice how I don't say 'overpriced bedsit in Luton' . . . hmmmm ;)

Once bitten twice shy, me old china. Condo + a collection of motorbikes. To be honest a static caravan plus motorbikes would suit me fine.

Malaysia is one nice place. You ever been to the Pehrentian islands on the east coast ?

I do like KL too. Just everything seems to work !! German efficiency with Asian mentalness. Good combination.

Archived