Proportion of HPC who need a house

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

TTRTR, you've missed our point. We ALL recognise that the housing market is just that - a market, what we disagree with is the idea of entering the market now. What I guess a lot of us are kicking ourselves over (me included) is not buying 4 years ago when house price were affordable, but, I for one am not going to compound my problem by entering the market now, rather I'll wait until the law of supply and demans restores some sanity to the prices and pick up a bargain using my savings to either buy outright or fund a large deposit.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
You haven't given me one either - perfectly happy with current house and no intention of selling for another ten years.  Top of the next boom with a bit of luck! :)

So you will sell your house and then have to pay way over the odds for somewhere else to live. I've never understood how people assume that an increase in the value of their house is always great. An increase in value is only good if it is relative, i.e. your's has increased and nobody else's has. In fact, if all houses in your area rise by the same proportion, then you end up losing because the difference in price between your house and the one you are aiming for also rises by that same proportion.

:unsure:

Or maybe I just don't get it.

Anyway, I wouldn't say I NEED a house. I'm 23 and buying a flat in the next 2 or 3 years would be nice but it depends largely on how my job works out and if I like it here (the town I recently moved to that is).

HOLA4414
It's past the top and on the way down, too late to cash in for maximum profit now.

We're about four months into the downturn, and that is more like a plateau. Remind me how long th elast downturn lasted bluel? Too late? maximum profit? With that attitude you'll be lucky to avoid selling at maximum loss.

HOLA4415
So you will sell your house and then have to pay way over the odds for somewhere else to live. I've never understood how people assume that an increase in the value of their house is always great. An increase in value is only good if it is relative, i.e. your's has increased and nobody else's has. In fact, if all houses in your area rise by the same proportion, then you end up losing because the difference in price between your house and the one you are aiming for also rises by that same proportion.

:unsure:

Or maybe I just don't get it.

Anyway, I wouldn't say I NEED a house. I'm 23 and buying a flat in the next 2 or 3 years would be nice but it depends largely on how my job works out and if I like it here (the town I recently moved to that is).

In 2-3 years time flats will be selling in the pub for £30, just like 94 after the great crash.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I find it quite interesting (everyones arguments that is) but what we need is all you sellers to get selling, really start this house price crash!!!

Cause its the sellers that will panic that buyers are not entering the market and prices will really start to slide (thats my belief anyway!)

I voted for needing a house! Im 28 self employed with three children both me and my partner are on good money and we are First Time Buyers (holding out for the panic) we are desperate to move into a bigger house - but no more council houses left (should be grateful really)

house prices have only increased because the percentage of lenders lending money has increased quite dramatically to 7 to 8 times borrowers incomes. People on Family Tax Credit have been able to buy houses for goodness sake!! also Gordon Brown has OVERPAID MILLIONS in Tax Credits - which of course must make the economy boom just a little bit more - i think the whole thing is a fast. increased benefits, more disposable income, more jobs, more spending etc, etc, etc.... of course Labours statistics look good - there playing with them.

any way im getting off the subject - hope all makes sense!!

madi :D