House Price Crash Forum

Lockerbie Bomber Was 'traded For Oil And Gas' By British Government

Blink-Star

HOLA441

BBC:

The release of the Lockerbie bomber was tied to trade deals between Libya and the UK, reports quote the son of Libyan leader Colonel Gaddafi saying.

Seif al-Islam told Libyan TV the case was raised during talks over oil and gas, AFP news reported. The UK Foreign Office has strongly denied the claims.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8215554.stm

CNN:

Britain on Friday rejected claims made by the son of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi that the release of the Lockerbie bomber was linked to trade deals between Libya and Britain.

Saif al-Islam Gadhafi made the comments in an interview with Libyan channel Al Mutawassit, Agence France-Presse (AFP) reported. The interview was conducted while the younger Gadhafi was flying from Scotland to Libya on Thursday with Abdelbaset al Megrahi on board, according to AFP.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/0...deal/index.html

Negotiating with terrorists right before our very eyes?

I wonder if he really does have cancer or not?

Or, maybe it's a PR stunt by the Lybians, knowing that national sentiment is bear-ish right now for the British Government? You know, kinda kicking us while we're down. Just for fun!

James

HOLA442

But considering we bombed invaded and occupy 2 countries for oil and gas and have murdered 1000s of people, trading a prisoner is chicken feed...

Hell you can still find news articles about a taliban official in washington to discuss the gas pipe line, they said no prefering Russians to build it , guess what happened a few years later?....

Bombs and infantry are expensive however and if we can do it 'peacefully' or get those countries to perform their own internal oppression then we save a ton of money = greater profits.

HOLA443
HOLA444
BBC:

The release of the Lockerbie bomber was tied to trade deals between Libya and the UK, reports quote the son of Libyan leader Colonel Gaddafi saying.

Seif al-Islam told Libyan TV the case was raised during talks over oil and gas, AFP news reported. The UK Foreign Office has strongly denied the claims.

CNN:

Britain on Friday rejected claims made by the son of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi that the release of the Lockerbie bomber was linked to trade deals between Libya and Britain.

Saif al-Islam Gadhafi made the comments in an interview with Libyan channel Al Mutawassit, Agence France-Presse (AFP) reported. The interview was conducted while the younger Gadhafi was flying from Scotland to Libya on Thursday with Abdelbaset al Megrahi on board, according to AFP.

Or, maybe it's a PR stunt by the Lybians, knowing that national sentiment is bear-ish right now for the British Government? You know, kinda kicking us while we're down. Just for fun!

James

The deal was finalised 10 days ago at the Rothschild villa by Mandelson and Gadafi's son, Why do you think Mandelson is in hospital having a "prostrate" operation on the day of the release.

The Goverment press press release that all the paper's have reproduced state that the operation had been scheduled for a long time. Hmmmmm........(strokes chin) I'm opening a book on how long the Lockerbie will live for, 10 years? What do you reckon?

HOLA445
Guest theboltonfury
BBC:

CNN:

James

I vote PR. Not the most trusted source.

HOLA446
...and in other news:

Yorkshire Ripper to dig for oil

"A Broadmoor source said: "As a back-up he's applied to join the Libyan secret service. He's written a lovely letter to Colonel Gadaffi and has hired an Arabic translator to help him fill in all the forms.""

I don't think you can compare the Yorkshire Ripper and Al Meghari. There is no credible evidence against Al Meghari. He is the victim of a scandalous miscarriage of justice.

HOLA447
The deal was finalised 10 days ago at the Rothschild villa by Mandelson and Gadafi's son, Why do you think Mandelson is in hospital having a "prostrate" operation on the day of the release.

The Goverment press press release that all the paper's have reproduced state that the operation had been scheduled for a long time. Hmmmmm........(strokes chin) I'm opening a book on how long the Lockerbie will live for, 10 years? What do you reckon?

Yep , This has got Mandelslimes grubby little hands all over it.

Of course there has been a deal, I can't believe anyone is actually

shocked by it anymore.

HOLA448
Guest anorthosite
Yep , This has got Mandelslimes grubby little hands all over it.

Of course there has been a deal, I can't believe anyone is actually

shocked by it anymore.

Except it was the SNP, labour's mortal enemy, who released him.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest anorthosite

If you believe that , you'll believe anything.

You don't think the British government were involved at all then :rolleyes:

WAKEY! WAKEY!

Now you're just talking nonsense. Why would the SNP do as labour told them? Do you actually understand the devolution arrangement?

HOLA4411
Guest KingCharles1st
Now you're just talking nonsense. Why would the SNP do as labour told them? Do you actually understand the devolution arrangement?

Anorthosite- have you ever seen the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie?

You would just LOVE the ending...

HOLA4412
Guest KingCharles1st

This is such a crock- the whole thing, it really is.

Brown on hols, dressed appallingly, obvious he was expecting the attention.

Gayboy having his **** amputated in Hospital

SNP given more rope than is good for them.

Obama throwing a well televised hissy fit.

US Press going nuts

Gadaffi having a chimps tea party- because he was just doing WHAT WAS EXPECTED OF HIM

If this whole pantomime was not carefully 100% choreographed, then I'm afraid, we should be very scared as to the mental abilities of our leaders.

HOLA4413
Guest anorthosite
Anorthosite- have you ever seen the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie?

You would just LOVE the ending...

I haven't seen it, but I've heard its hoffal.

HOLA4414
Guest KingCharles1st
I haven't seen it, but I've heard its hoffal.

I'm sittign there wit hte kids, thinking "I should not be thinking of a certain person on HPC while watching Spongebob!"

However, normally I think of Jess of course, lie awake all night, rolling, tossing , turning, errrr.... :blink: ooooppss :P

HOLA4415

If you believe that , you'll believe anything.

You don't think the British government were involved at all then :rolleyes:

WAKEY! WAKEY!

I could quite believe the Labour government in Westminster made the SNP believe it was the last thing they wanted, and so the SNP did the opposite. :lol:

HOLA4416
Guest anorthosite
I could quite believe the Labour government in Westminster made the SNP believe it was the last thing they wanted, and so the SNP did the opposite. :lol:

I don't think so. Its labour that are spiteful and reactive, the SNP are actually doing quite well up here.

HOLA4417
I don't think so. Its labour that are spiteful and reactive, the SNP are actually doing quite well up here.

So if Gordon Brown confessed to you while drunk at a party that he had a fondness for attractive sheep, and then the next day phoned you up and asked you not to say anything you would keep silent because you are a nice chap?

I don't think so, anorthosite. :lol:

HOLA4418
Guest anorthosite
So if Gordon Brown confessed to you while drunk at a party that he had a fondness for attractive sheep, and then the next day phoned you up and asked you not to say anything you would keep silent because you are a nice chap?

I don't think so, anorthosite. :lol:

No, I'd keep silent because he'd be paying me 10% of his salary to do so.

You're suggesting something different though - that the SNP took a decision which would negatively impact on them because labour told them to - an entirely different situation.

HOLA4419

You're suggesting something different though - that the SNP took a decision which would negatively impact on them because labour told them to - an entirely different situation.

I bet it was a condition of the release that Colonel Ghaddafi publicly thank Gordon Brown, which I note he has just done.

HOLA4420

I think the SNP had absolutedly no idea how the story would blow up on them so negatively (naive - they were well and truely played by Labour). Now, when Mandelscum met with Gadifi's son last week, do you think he suggested it might be quite nice to have a few Scottish flags flapping about when Ali al-Megrahi got off the plane? -it just looked far too staged to me- There can't be too many Scottish flags knocking about in Libya, it would, just from a logistical viewpoint , surely have taken a few days just to have ones that size ordered and made up?

In about 3-5 years see if Mandelson gets a directorship in one of the energy companies (or one of it's Rothchild derivatives) who got awarded a Libyan contract, that will tell you everything you need to know.

I'm not normally of the tin foil hat persuasion, but this one stinks worse than a kipper's c**t

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest KingCharles1st

You know, Obama may just go "AWOL" on this.

Noooo... Obama gives SNP right royal kicking in front of worldwide press until Scottish voters are so ashamed that they turn their backs on the SNP. In time for....

:rolleyes:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
That'd be fun to watch KC.

I'm with the US on this one. Maybe it's because I'm a cotton-picking hillbilly who drives a truck and lives in a trailer?

I'm with the SNP on this one, because it's p1ssed off the US . . . Shame Meghari's appeal didn't ahppen though, because the families deserve to know the truth, and I don't think the Libyans, nasty as their regime is, had anything to do with this atrocity.

Archived