House Price Crash Forum

Lockerbie Bomber Was 'traded For Oil And Gas' By British Government

Blink-Star

HOLA441
Now you're just talking nonsense. Why would the SNP do as labour told them? Do you actually understand the devolution arrangement?

Do you understand how politics works?

Front page Indy today

Lockerbie: now it's payback time

Prospect of lucrative trade deals fuels anger at Megrahi's release

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-...me-1775805.html

The Scottish Parliament has been recalled next week and the Scottish Justice Secretary

Kenny MacAskill is expected to come under fierce questioning.

Alex Salmond the SNP First Minister, hinted the political considerations

played a part:"There is no doubt politics came into it - but not from

the Scottish Government."

Mmmm I wonder who then...?

HOLA442
I'm with the SNP on this one, because it's p1ssed off the US . . . Shame Meghari's appeal didn't ahppen though, because the families deserve to know the truth, and I don't think the Libyans, nasty as their regime is, had anything to do with this atrocity.

You're entitled to your opinion Crash. You're wrong though :lol:

;)

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
You know, Obama may just go "AWOL" on this.

Noooo... Obama gives SNP right royal kicking in front of worldwide press until Scottish voters are so ashamed that they turn their backs on the SNP. In time for....

:rolleyes:

Not sure many Scottish voters actually give a hoot what Obama says tbh.

However a great many may be impressed when a polititian shows both steel balls in ignoring the worlds only superpower and demonstrates mercy to a single dying man....

Make no mistake this is powerful stuff. The SNP are not fools they know that any dirty deals between Westminster and Tripoli WILL come to light and the stench of corruption will settle there not Holyrood.

I'm really looking forward to the recall of Holyrood next week ;)

HOLA449
Not sure many Scottish voters actually give a hoot what Obama says tbh.

However a great many may be impressed when a polititian shows both steel balls in ignoring the worlds only superpower and demonstrates mercy to a single dying man....

Make no mistake this is powerful stuff. The SNP are not fools they know that any dirty deals between Westminster and Tripoli WILL come to light and the stench of corruption will settle there not Holyrood.

I'm really looking forward to the recall of Holyrood next week ;)

Dead right there, krackersdave.

HOLA4410
it just looked far too staged to me- There can't be too many Scottish flags knocking about in Libya, it would, just from a logistical viewpoint , surely have taken a few days just to have ones that size ordered and made up?

Precisely my thought when I saw that footage. However, if it was an attempt by NuLab to stitch up the Braveheart brigade, Megrahi appears to have blown a bit of a hole in it: apparently he's made a speech praising 'my courageous friend' Gordon Brown. I bet the latter is seething in his rain-sodden Lake District holiday let...

HOLA4411
Guest anorthosite
Why do Labour hate the SNP?

Its worth mentioning that when the SNP took power in Holyrood, neither Tony Blair, who was about to leave office, or Gordon Brown phoned Alex Salmond to congratulate him on his victory. Dozens of other leaders around the world did (including Bush & Putin), but Salmond was able to joke about the PM that "he never writes, he never calls, .."

The SNP have behaved very well in power, forging relations with, amongst others, the Conservatives. They've had to, they have a minority government.

Labour on the other hand have taken a hissy fit and are behaving like spoilt brats up here. No one I know has any respect for them any more.

HOLA4412
Its worth mentioning that when the SNP took power in Holyrood, neither Tony Blair, who was about to leave office, or Gordon Brown phoned Alex Salmond to congratulate him on his victory. Dozens of other leaders around the world did (including Bush & Putin), but Salmond was able to joke about the PM that "he never writes, he never calls, .."

The SNP have behaved very well in power, forging relations with, amongst others, the Conservatives. They've had to, they have a minority government.

Labour on the other hand have taken a hissy fit and are behaving like spoilt brats up here. No one I know has any respect for them any more.

Labour are like that in Wales. They see themselves as the natural party of government and have what Roy Jenkins referred to as a narrow, exclusivist tendency.

My question BTW was a rhetorical one.

Archived