House Price Crash Forum

The Mundane Thread

Reck B

HOLA441
QUOTE (twatmangle @ Jul 2 2009, 12:26 PM) *

I'm adjusting my watch.

It's a mechanical one and thus you can speed it up and slow it down by adjusting a little lever.

Currently I am losing about 12 seconds per day.

I hope to bring this down a lot.

I synched my laptop clock with my watch earlier this morning.

By then end of the day, I'll know if it's working.

Thats' eye-wateringly banal.

(let us know the outcome, mind)

I overdid it. It's about 22 seconds fast now.

Wow, this requires delicate fingers.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

My apologies if this is regarded as thread drift:

I received this morning in my E mail a message from a Mr.Vintus John of the Bank of Benin informing me that I am the recipient of some $86,000,000 US from a source of which I know nothing.Unwilling to disappoint him when he had gone to so much trouble I sent him the following rejoinder.

Vintus Dear Fellow,

Longest time and happy day to you also old bean.It is indeed with much diluted malignancy that I send you this hastily constructed and joyous missive. I bring you great news.Ahoy,Aho and shiver my diffuse enzymes.The cheque so often and long reflected upon did indeed arrive this very morning under the custody of Her Majesty's Officer for the delivery of said considerations.He spilled from his delivery vehicle at the unearthly hour of 8 O'clock.I was easily able to recognise his personage on account of the feline animal decorated with alternate patchings of the darkest and lightest hues that invariably accompanies him on his daily peregrinations.

"Patrick dear cove". I greeted him thus for that is indeed his name."What bountiful munificance hast thou today?" To be of perfectly frank countenance this was little more than cheery badinage,sent out with little more hope for anything more hopeful than a note demanding money with menaces from the good burghers of this town in consideration of them very occasiona;lly removing the scrannel from the back snickett.

Imagine therefore my surprise,nay stupefaction,when he produced a letter from the Rastrick and district Allotment Holders Confederation (Hereinafter referred to as RDAHC) This very letter,signed by the worshipful secretary of that august body Mr Stanley Witheringthorpe assures me that I am in fact the joint winner of the 47th annual rhubarb forcers draw and tombola.

Now,due to my regular non participation in this event I put together the sum of two and then another two and came up with a figure not unadjacent to the number of toes on my feet.It is entirely due to this calculation together with the receipt of your internet missive that the breakfast porridge reverberates to the shout of "Vintus"!

It is therefore my heartfelt desire to share this unlooked for windfall with you dear fellow.I am assured that the sum involved is indeed considerable,and would fall within the parameters of that described by Noel as a "Life changing sum"

I am further assured that in addition to this sum there is a further non-cash emolument that would accompany a smooth custard to the benefit of both parties.

I remain your humble servant Jeremiah Ponsonby-Criketbat.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest anorthosite

I have the $hits. I think it was the drinking water at the campsite we were at, as Mrs Anorthosite has them too.

HOLA446
I have the $hits. I think it was the drinking water at the campsite we were at, as Mrs Anorthosite has them too.

Hmm thanks for sharing ........ A little more info would really help to complete the mental picture, perhaps you could rate your defecations on the Bristol Stool Scale (if you've hit 7 I really feel for you), also I hope this malady does not involve fecal incontinence :blink:

350px-Bristol_Stool_Chart.png

HOLA447
Guest anorthosite
Hmm thanks for sharing ........ A little more info would really help to complete the mental picture, perhaps you could rate your defecations on the Bristol Stool Scale (if you've hit 7 I really feel for you), also I hope this malady does not involve fecal incontinence :blink:

350px-Bristol_Stool_Chart.png

It varied. There were clear elements of 6 & 7 with pieces of 5. But I think a type 4 was the pace car.

No incontinence, just a few scary moments...

HOLA448
It varied. There were clear elements of 6 & 7 with pieces of 5. But I think a type 4 was the pace car.

No incontinence, just a few scary moments...

The classic dilemma - will the next release of gastric gas ease my discomfort or pebble dash my pants? - we live in interesting times indeed ;)

HOLA449
HOLA4410

If it's curry club night in weatherspoons, then in manchester you can save a pound by getting your curry in the moon under the water instead of the paramount.

This is one of the reasons why you'll never get prices for food on the weatherspoons website.

HOLA4411

Last Christmas, I hilariously changed my status on Facebook, that I was reading "The Big Book Of Lesbian Horse Stories" - which was unfortunately a lie. A friend of mine saw my status, and went to go and buy the said book and give it as a Christmas present to his brother.

Archived