House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reck B

The Mundane Thread

I noticed a red 'running low on staples' feature on my stapler yesterday.

'Crikey!', I thought - 'They've considered everything at Rexel HQ! However, I can't imagine actually running out of staples would be so traumatic as to warrant such a feature'. As one of lifes risk takers, I carried on nonetheless.

Having just run out of staples today, I'm happy to report my state of mind hasn't been unduly affected and I'm now stapling away with a freshly re-stocked rung.

Carry on.

I noticed a red 'running low on staples' feature on my stapler yesterday.

'Crikey!', I thought - 'They've considered everything at Rexel HQ! However, I can't imagine actually running out of staples would be so traumatic as to warrant such a feature'. As one of lifes risk takers, I carried on nonetheless.

Having just run out of staples today, I'm happy to report my state of mind hasn't been unduly affected and I'm now stapling away with a freshly re-stocked rung.

Carry on.

Phew. That was a close shave you having new stock.

I've got my sofa cushions laid out on the lawn today for an airing. There's a police helicopter hovering above. I wonder if he thinks they're large bales of drugs drying out.

My dog is really not enjoying this weather, what with him having a black coat.

If only he could grasp the concept of reclining on a shaded patio with a glass of Pimms on ice I'm sure he would be far more comfortable.

I was in the pub yesterday, and one of the old regulars pointed out that our high street has no less than eight bookmakers.

The consensus was that this showed how desperate the council was for business rates.

I'm adjusting my watch.

It's a mechanical one and thus you can speed it up and slow it down by adjusting a little lever.

Currently I am losing about 12 seconds per day.

I hope to bring this down a lot.

I synched my laptop clock with my watch earlier this morning.

By then end of the day, I'll know if it's working.

I'm adjusting my watch.

It's a mechanical one and thus you can speed it up and slow it down by adjusting a little lever.

Currently I am losing about 12 seconds per day.

I hope to bring this down a lot.

I synched my laptop clock with my watch earlier this morning.

By then end of the day, I'll know if it's working.

Thats' eye-wateringly banal.

(let us know the outcome, mind)

Hearing about Karl Malden's death, I realised I could never tell him, Jack Klugman and Walter Matthau apart.

Not being very well read, for years I thought Walter Mitty & Walter Matthau were one and the same

There was an article about Ute Lemper in the Daily Telegraph today. I didn't read it, but I did reflect that she is one of those avant-garde arty types that exist on the fringes of my consciousness, but can't be bothered to check out.

i made a cup of coffee this morning, i usually add cold water (dont drink milk) so i can drink it stright away, but i forgot and had to wait at least 10mins before i could drink it.

that was the highlight of my morning

someone in my office just told me they've bought a new deck chair, but that they have not used it yet, despite the temperature being 'unseasonably warm'

I've just taken a dump. With it being so hot, and what with me being so sweaty, the paper slipped. I now have a 6 inch skid-mark in the small of my back.

There has been an area of the road blocked off outside my office for several days now. Its causing mayhem in a busy thoroufare near buckingham palace. The sign says essential works, but how essential can they be if no-one is working on them.

I've just taken a dump. With it being so hot, and what with me being so sweaty, the paper slipped. I now have a 6 inch skid-mark in the small of my back.

Remember to wipe it off before going back to serving the customers.

I've got my sofa cushions laid out on the lawn today for an airing. There's a police helicopter hovering above. I wonder if he thinks they're large bales of drugs drying out.

Strangely enough, as my wife and I walked down Mill road in Cambridge we chanced upon a small shop that was selling cushions for 5 pounds in a closing down sale. My wife spent about 10 minutes trying to select 1 or 2 but finally dicided against it and left the shop without buying anything. At the end of Mill road we started to walk across Parker's piece, a very large grassed area. As we did so a number of people rushed on to the grass area and spread large cushions around. I asked one young man what was happening and was told that we could take 1 for free as it was a promotion to encourage people to visit a local shop. My wife and I rushed to find what we thought were the most tasteful pattens and ended up with 3 each, greedy I know but in keeping with the spirit of the times. Within 20 minutes several hundred cushions had been taken.

We then found a shaded spot and sat down to eat the beef sandwiches and drink the flask of coffee we had brought. Naturally the cushions made our little picnic all the more comfortable.

Cut the Hedge this morning and the electric cable.

This is now a completely safe procedure.

That reminds me a funny story I one heard. A not so intelligent man decided to use hiw flymo to trim the hedge, holding it up in an unweildy fashion. He later injured himself and had to go to casualty, where he explained to the doctor what had happened. Unknown to him, someone had seen him trimming the hedge with his flymo, and thought it sucha godd idea that he had a go himself when he got home, this man also injured himself and ended up in casualty, and explained to the doctor that he had seen a man trimming his hedge with the flymo. This caused great hilarity in A&E amongst the doctors, and the two injured men were introduced to each other and told not to be so silly again.

I've worked at my company for 8 years and one of my department's responsibilities is the telecoms system.

However, I can't remember either the main telephone number, or fax number. Maybe it's because I never need to ring them.

That reminds me a funny story I one heard. A not so intelligent man decided to use hiw flymo to trim the hedge, holding it up in an unweildy fashion. He later injured himself and had to go to casualty, where he explained to the doctor what had happened. Unknown to him, someone had seen him trimming the hedge with his flymo, and thought it sucha godd idea that he had a go himself when he got home, this man also injured himself and ended up in casualty, and explained to the doctor that he had seen a man trimming his hedge with the flymo. This caused great hilarity in A&E amongst the doctors, and the two injured men were introduced to each other and told not to be so silly again.

Maybe Rexel could suggest some kind of warning system to the makers of flymo?

Keep 'em coming, contributors. There's some really insipid stuff here already.

Meanwhile, I'm off to buy an orange. Hopefully it will contain no pips, though if it does I hope the pips-to-segment ratio won't tarnish the experience.