House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

New Sale Signs?

House near me had sign nailed on stick to the house. Like the normally do with terraces with no garden.

Anyway the van was there changing the sign and now it looks a different sign (same ea) but stuck flat to the wall

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-26168162.html

this one is too I think - bit hard to tell...

Is this a new thing?

(Or did the letter in the paper about for sale boards rotting mean they think these will be for sale a long time so make them rotproof?)

They found that due to the build quality of most modern houses, if a standard sign toppled over in the wind against the house it could do major structural damage.

Laminated paper FOR SALE signs stuck on with Blu-Tack, and with TO LET on the reverse (for 6 months down the line) were obviously the answer.

They found that due to the build quality of most modern houses, if a standard sign toppled over in the wind against the house it could do major structural damage.

Laminated paper FOR SALE signs stuck on with Blu-Tack, and with TO LET on the reverse (for 6 months down the line) were obviously the answer.

LOL so obvious once you know!

:-)

Place near me, next to prominent road junction, has had a sold sign up for a year now looking shiny and new. It wouldn't suprise me if they pop round every now and again, give it a clean and bash the stick in a bit for good measure. Sad really.

btw, I love your avatar SB. I'd give you top marks in an avatar vote :)

Maybe, just like the cases of public metal objects (like manholes, statues, etc), they realise people will just nick the timber? Hence the new cheaper signs.

Edited by anonguest

Place near me, next to prominent road junction, has had a sold sign up for a year now looking shiny and new. It wouldn't suprise me if they pop round every now and again, give it a clean and bash the stick in a bit for good measure. Sad really.

btw, I love your avatar SB. I'd give you top marks in an avatar vote :)

I think there is an entire industry associated with For Sale Signs.

They get renovated.

The posts at least. painted again, and the signs are often cleaned and reused.

Anyone with inside info on this fascinating industry sector?

I heard they were begining to make 'for sale' signs out of high tensile titanium, with impact hardened weatherised enamel coating.

Built to last a minimum of 50 years, in the harshest of housing market conditions.

Terminator Signs I think they call em.. Indestructable, and here for eternity. Once a 17 year old estate agent taps them into the front lawn, they'll survive everything, including Judgement Day.