House Price Crash Forum

Question Time - Hague Says He Hopes For Gen Election Within 6 Weeks

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Meanwhile Ken livingstone on the news say the election will be May 2010.

So what do we reckon are the chances of an early election & how can one be called if Brown keeps saying no?

It can't and Cameron can see his chances evaporating as we come out of recession.

HOLA444

Coming out of recession by May 2010, I dont think so, be v surprised if its not even midway point then, but maybe i'm just a negative realist

Well ok i'll take old Haguey seriously, i've added the within 6 wks option - back to the poll responders..... (maybe the tories have the laxative to shift Brown)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

People shouldn't confuse when we will have a general election to when we should have one.

We should have one today.

Is there not a legal process, some sort of vote of no confidence, that a member of the public can pursue in order to force a general election? Surely there must be - otherwise it's a dictatorship.

Anyway, it's a lovely day. I'm not going to allow myself to be wound up by the state of this country. I'm going for a jog, then mowing the lawn, then sitting in the garden to enjoy the sun and read a good book - maybe Littlejohn's Britain by Richard Littlejohn.

HOLA448
What chance?

No chance.

thats what i think unless things are going on behind closed doors?

People shouldn't confuse when we will have a general election to when we should have one.

We should have one today.

Is there not a legal process, some sort of vote of no confidence, that a member of the public can pursue in order to force a general election? Surely there must be - otherwise it's a dictatorship.

Anyway, it's a lovely day. I'm not going to allow myself to be wound up by the state of this country. I'm going for a jog, then mowing the lawn, then sitting in the garden to enjoy the sun and read a good book - maybe Littlejohn's Britain by Richard Littlejohn.

agree +1

in the legal process - surely there should be some eject button the public can press, the electoral commission office should have a form each voter can send in if they wish to move for a vote of no confidence in a current govt, and if the electoral comm get enough of those forms in then that should be it and buck palace texts brown : Hi xpm, u pls now bk remo men, leav #10 clean n tidy, laters bro, HMQ.

Archived