House Price Crash Forum

Darling To Give Backing To Mutual Model

HOLA441

Darling to give backing to mutual model

The chancellor has spoken warmly about the mutual model, embodied in institutions such as Nationwide, which tend to run a less risky business model, based on savings and lending. The Treasury is assessing potential legal or regulatory changes to help mutuals ahead of the white paper.

There are some on here that will empty their venom sacks about this, as building societies are generally much stricter when it comes to lending, which does not bode well with rampant HPI.

Oh well. Comme ci comme ça.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Darling to give backing to mutual model

There are some on here that will empty their venom sacks about this, as building societies are generally much stricter when it comes to lending, which does not bode well with rampant HPI.

Oh well. Comme ci comme ça.

You have to admit that wee Allie Darling does have an impeccable sense of timing:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=108871

What a plonker!!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Darling To Give Backing To Mutual Model,

I read that in my dead-tree FT this weekend... and I thought... Oh, yes - the mutuals have been asking for something recently... what was is now... oh, yes... raise interest rates!

Somehow I doubt Darling does intend to give his backing - I expect he hopes to help them to the same position of weakness in which the banks currently reside.

HOLA4412