Auction property information

paul65

HOLA441
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Expect to see tonights results data up on http://nipropertyauctions.googlepages.com/ within the next day or so.

I won't be there ..... but I have my sources.

Ok everyone - the latest report from the auction on the 19th November 2008 in Portadown is up on http://nipropertyauctions.googlepages.com/ for you to check out.

Thanks to my source (you know who you are) for pulling this together for me. Much appreciated once again.

HOLA443

great work :ph34r:

I don't really know what a provisional sale entails

does that mean 10% not paid yet?

the sale price of some of those terrace houses is amazing- regardless of the area desireability

interesting to see on the not solds how high the bidders were prepared to go

I'm going to have to get to one of these

hardly ever anything on north down in these auctions which is a bummer

HOLA444

Hi to the 'source' and much thanks for posting the auction results.

I was interested to see the North Parade, south Belfast property went for 240k, Rateable value 250k.

Auction results are keeping me 'sane' at the moment as listening to EA whilst viewing overly expensive properties saying things like 'it will never drop to that around here' is doing my head in!!!! ;) !!!!!!

HOLA445
great work :ph34r:

I don't really know what a provisional sale entails

does that mean 10% not paid yet?

the sale price of some of those terrace houses is amazing- regardless of the area desireability

interesting to see on the not solds how high the bidders were prepared to go

I'm going to have to get to one of these

hardly ever anything on north down in these auctions which is a bummer

From Paul65 post earlier on in the thread:

provisional sale - 'further ongoing negotiations would have to take place between buyer and seller to achieve a sale outside and away from auction'

HOLA446
From Paul65 post earlier on in the thread:

provisional sale - 'further ongoing negotiations would have to take place between buyer and seller to achieve a sale outside and away from auction'

thanks fftb

thought it might have meant a phone bid or something

I thought that the auction sale was final sold as seen type of thing

not really sure what the above means unless the bid didn't reach the minimum limit and a price is negotiated

which would suggest 'unsold' will be the result of many

<_<

need to learn some more methinks

HOLA447

http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/property_de...w.asp?id=175204

guide £170000

(rateable- £125000)

A typical house in the area on the open market would be priced between £200 - £250k making this an excellent opportunity to buy at a very realistic price.

its true

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...=1&sort=h2l

but come on, nice street and all but bangor is severly lacking in reality

HOLA448
HOLA449

I doubt if the reserve is anywhere near rateable

but I'd be tempted £115,000 I'd be very very tempted

very good area

but I rent in a good area too

cheapest house for sale is £210,000 been on all year

needs some cosmetic, new kitchen etc

and ratable is £97,500

its unreal :blink:

HOLA4410
I doubt if the reserve is anywhere near rateable

but I'd be tempted £115,000 I'd be very very tempted

very good area

but I rent in a good area too

cheapest house for sale is £210,000 been on all year

needs some cosmetic, new kitchen etc

and ratable is £97,500

its unreal :blink:

Just wait until prices fall to the extent that -

Cost of Renting = Cost of 25yr repayment mortgage. Simple as that. Makes no sense to buy otherwise.

HOLA4411

Cost of Renting = Cost of 25yr repayment mortgage. Simple as that. Makes no sense to buy otherwise.

Remember when renting actually was dead money as the mortgage payment was less than the rent payment, back in the good old days when the banks were responsible lenders to those that were financially stable.

HOLA4412

yeah I know, I'm impatient

I want to wait for something we'll live in forever

I'm a cash buyer so really I should wait till the point were the mortgage system is completely dry

nearer the floor but before lending picks up so I can use the cash buy thing as leverage

HOLA4413

question for those in the know

thinking if i'm free, heading up to wilsons malusk on 4th dec

really just to get the vibe, see the process work etc

one thing though

how do you pay the deposit without a chequebook...no I don't have (or want one)

if i do phone or commision bid I need to do it by credit or debit card

I have neither :unsure:

also means I have no debt which is nice

for online buys I use a prepaid card

anything else I get an over the counter cheque

HOLA4414
question for those in the know

thinking if i'm free, heading up to wilsons malusk on 4th dec

really just to get the vibe, see the process work etc

one thing though

how do you pay the deposit without a chequebook...no I don't have (or want one)

if i do phone or commision bid I need to do it by credit or debit card

I have neither :unsure:

also means I have no debt which is nice

for online buys I use a prepaid card

anything else I get an over the counter cheque

Mr Slump - take a look at Wilsons Buying Guide, http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/property_buyersguide.asp

On a lot that you win/buy you will have to pay 10% on the night (minimum payment 3k) and complete with the rest of the finance within 28 days. You should also have insurance arranged for the property immediately you win it. Without a cheque book or credit card you may struggle and a bankers draft will not be suitable either. Give them a call and see if they'll take cash instead although if you win a property at 100k you'll have to pay 10k cash on the night. Scary biscuits!

I'll be there at Mallusk next week if you or anyone else here is thinking of popping along.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Mr Slump - take a look at Wilsons Buying Guide, http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/property_buyersguide.asp

On a lot that you win/buy you will have to pay 10% on the night (minimum payment 3k) and complete with the rest of the finance within 28 days. You should also have insurance arranged for the property immediately you win it. Without a cheque book or credit card you may struggle and a bankers draft will not be suitable either. Give them a call and see if they'll take cash instead although if you win a property at 100k you'll have to pay 10k cash on the night. Scary biscuits!

I'll be there at Mallusk next week if you or anyone else here is thinking of popping along.

thanks Paul

don't think I'd be carrying 10 grand cash around with me :lol:

according to thier guide, a bank draft is possible

I'd need to talk to the bank I guess see if that or counter cheque is most suitable

if something did come up that I wanted I guess I'd need to have a solictor sorted too

I'd talk to wilsons well ahead of time get the old viewing in etc

check all the details

I think its probably a good idea to get a few auctions in just to get the feel of it

I'm not intimidated by it

just want to be totally on the ball for how things work, the speed, mood etc

;)

how early do you recommend getting there?

Edited by mr slump

HOLA4418
thanks Paul

don't think I'd be carrying 10 grand cash around with me :lol:

according to thier guide, a bank draft is possible

I'd need to talk to the bank I guess see if that or counter cheque is most suitable

if something did come up that I wanted I guess I'd need to have a solictor sorted too

I'd talk to wilsons well ahead of time get the old viewing in etc

check all the details

I think its probably a good idea to get a few auctions in just to get the feel of it

I'm not intimidated by it

just want to be totally on the ball for how things work, the speed, mood etc

;)

how early do you recommend getting there?

It kicks off at 7.30pm and I aim to be there around 7pm to have a coffee first and a chat with my NI HPC chums who attend and then get a good seat before the bidding starts.

A wise idea IMO to attend a few auctions though first before you start to bid. Just to get a sense for the occasion.

HOLA4419
It kicks off at 7.30pm and I aim to be there around 7pm to have a coffee first and a chat with my NI HPC chums who attend and then get a good seat before the bidding starts.

A wise idea IMO to attend a few auctions though first before you start to bid. Just to get a sense for the occasion.

thanks

pity theres so much german stuff on this, should be fun anyway

you lot have a secret handshake ? ;)

HOLA4420
thanks

pity theres so much german stuff on this, should be fun anyway

you lot have a secret handshake ? ;)

No bizarre rituals or secret handshakes required Mr Slump. I'm just a normal five eighths trying to make it though life as best I can. You will spot me easily enough as I'll be there avec laptop.

HOLA4421
No bizarre rituals or secret handshakes required Mr Slump. I'm just a normal five eighths trying to make it though life as best I can. You will spot me easily enough as I'll be there avec laptop.

Hi Paul,

can't make this one (panto season and all the jazz B) ) but hopefully in the New Year will get to some.

Thanks again for the time and effort you put into this. I look forward to seeing the results.

Sophia.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Yep doccyboy, I'm all over it like a bad £15 Asda suit. I plan to attend and watch properties sell for proper prices and get a feel for what punters in the market are prepared to actually part with. It will do my soul the world of good to watch! Anyone else from this forum planning on attending? I'll be the mad one sitting in the corner with two pencils up my nose going "Wibble!" if anyone wants to introduce themself. :lol:

I WOULD IMAGINE MOST OTHERS ON THE SITE ARE SERIOUS BUYERS AND WILL ONLY GO IF A PEOPERTY OF INTEREST IS AVAILABLE.

Mod edit: Please check this reference for the forum rules. I am removing the offensive comment to Paul.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...?act=boardrules

Edited by doccyboy

HOLA4424
I WOULD IMAGINE MOST OTHERS ON THE SITE ARE SERIOUS BUYERS AND WILL ONLY GO IF A PEOPERTY OF INTEREST IS AVAILABLE.

SORRY MAYBE THE ABOVE WAS A LITTLE HARSH !!!!!!! APOLOGIES

SORRY I MYSELF WOULDNT WISH IT ON ANYONE

THERE IS A LOT OF HEART ACHE OUT THERE WITH JOB LOSSES BECAUSE OF THE RECESSION AND DOWNTURN...

WE DO APPRECIATE YOUR WORK ON ANIPROPERTYAUCTION GOOGLEPAGES .................. ITS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK I JUST QUESTION YOUR MOTIVES????????

HOPE I DONT OFFEND

Mod edit - Please stop posting offensive remarks. Please consult the forum rules on the front page before posting. Offensive and insulting posts are subject to moderating. Please post in a normal font without using capitals - Capitals are considered to be shouting. As a newcomer you are welcome here but please take time to read a few threads before launching into posting. Insulting remarks have been removed.

Edited by doccyboy

HOLA4425
SORRY MAYBE THE ABOVE WAS A LITTLE HARSH !!!!!!! APOLOGIES

SORRY I MYSELF WOULDNT WISH IT ON ANYONE

THERE IS A LOT OF HEART ACHE OUT THERE WITH JOB LOSSES BECAUSE OF THE RECESSION AND DOWNTURN...

WE DO APPRECIATE YOUR WORK ON ANIPROPERTYAUCTION GOOGLEPAGES .................. ITS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK I JUST QUESTION YOUR MOTIVES????????

HOPE I DONT OFFEND

im offended to be honest. firstly why the need for capitals? secondly paul has done great service in collecting the results from every auction for over a year now.

property auctions are a zero sum game - i actually plan to bid on a property at auction in london in 2 weeks. its a reposession. ill not be crying spilt milk for the previous owner.as im sure if i go bankrupt and the flat is one day repossessed from myself the next owner will not be shedding tears for my plight.

MOd edit ; Apologies Wee Bobby I had to edit your post to remove the quoted offensive post from Hermy.

Edited by doccyboy