House Price Crash Forum

Just Had An E-mail Offering Me A Government Business Loan

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
What da hell! I have NEVER EVER had a business loan. And now I'm being targetted by the government's money lenders. I told them to FECK OFF!

Could you be a little bit more specific? Did it come from government? Or was it from a commercial bank that happens, at the moment to be partly owned by government?

What you've told us so far doesn't make sense. You wouldn't want to mislead anyone, now, would you? We're all very proud, though, that you told them to FECK OFF - you're such a hero, Gruffy Boy.

p

HOLA444
HOLA445

Can you please provide the office contact information please? If they're offering good terms I might inquire. After all, it's not like the government are actually going to make too much of an effort to get me to pay the loan back. It's only taxpayers' money after all. Its only purpose is to get Gordon "his precious" for another term.

HOLA446
Can you please provide the office contact information please? If they're offering good terms I might inquire. After all, it's not like the government are actually going to make too much of an effort to get me to pay the loan back. It's only taxpayers' money after all. Its only purpose is to get Gordon "his precious" for another term.

somewhere in Nigeria I expect.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
What da hell! I have NEVER EVER had a business loan. And now I'm being targetted by the government's money lenders. I told them to FECK OFF!

I'd have asked if they'd lend to a wholly independent speculative investment company... If they would, set one up; take the maximum loan - and short, erm, just about anything. If it works you'll have made a tidy profit - if it doesn't you cite 'difficulties which were entirely unforeseeable' - and liquidate the company. :)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
I don't believe you, Gruffy Boyo - so prove me wrong.

p

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle5176109.ece

pat, pat, is this really the best way of supporting the ailing New Labour party? Attempting to discredit posters on internet forums. :rolleyes:

Your beloved party and leader has been responsible for 11 years of chronic fiscal mismanagement, and succeeded in little more than making the tax system incredibly complex and leaving us ill prepared for the coming depression.

And this is how you spend your time. Sad really.

HOLA4412
Just Had An E-mail Offering Me A Government Business Loan

I'm really looking forward to viewing this email. Stop being coy, Gruffy Boyo, and show us what you received in your inbox.

I want to see your offer of "...A Government Business Loan..." from "...the government's money lender...".

You wouldn't want people to think that you'd exaggerated, just slightly, in you description, would you Gruffy Boyo?

p

HOLA4413
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle5176109.ece

pat, pat, is this really the best way of supporting the ailing New Labour party? Attempting to discredit posters on internet forums. :rolleyes:

Your beloved party and leader has been responsible for 11 years of chronic fiscal mismanagement, and succeeded in little more than making the tax system incredibly complex and leaving us ill prepared for the coming depression.

And this is how you spend your time. Sad really.

You had to search a long time to find that stale article, Gruffy Boyo!

p

HOLA4414
I'm really looking forward to viewing this email. Stop being coy, Gruffy Boyo, and show us what you received in your inbox.

I want to see your offer of "...A Government Business Loan..." from "...the government's money lender...".

You wouldn't want people to think that you'd exaggerated, just slightly, in you description, would you Gruffy Boyo?

p

Just as I suspected. Incapable of clicking a link. <_<

Well, because I take pity on the mentally subnormal (a.k.a. New Labour apologists) I have included the text and highlighted the salient points.

November 18, 2008

The Government is to offer loans directly to small businesses as banks continue to withhold credit from them. Companies will be able to seek loans of up to £250,000 from Regional Development Agencies (RDAs), which ministers think will have an important role as Britain falls into recession.

Lord Mandelson, the Business Secretary, has approved the first such scheme - £4 million for Advantage West Midlands to give loans to small businesses “at commercial rates”.

Ministers are pressing other RDAs to follow suit and this pot is expected to grow dramatically. They emphasise that the money should be available only for “viable” companies and should not be used to delay failing ventures going bust. However, the agencies are desperate to prevent legitimate companies from suffering as a result of the lending difficulties experienced by banks.

It is one of two schemes run by the Business Department that allow businesses to borrow from public funds. The other - the Small Firms Loan Guarantee Scheme - offers guarantees for businesses without assets to obtain loans of up to £250,000.

Edited by redalert

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Well, because I take pity on the mentally subnormal (a.k.a. New Labour apologists) I have included the text and highlighted the salient points.

Strange you shouldn't have included the date of the article, is it not?

Where's the copy of this alleged email, Gruffy Boyo?

p

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Strange you shouldn't have included the date of the article, is it not?

Where's the copy of this alleged email, Gruffy Boyo?

p

Dearie me pat, knickers in a twist - again!

It's from November 18, 2008.

I know New Labour spin faster than a top and are throwing policies out like sparks from a Catherine Wheel, but it's hardly ancient history. :P

BTW. If you think I'm gruffy, or even Welsh, why not PM the mods as multi IDs against the rules on here (being Welsh isn't as far as I'm aware). :lol:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
pat normally gets all worked up when something really bad for Gordo is in the news. It is strange that pat is getting so worked up about an email offering a loan. Now I'm curious.

It's good to be curious.

But, it's no mystery, Cht, - I just can't stand bullshitters, particularly bullshitting failed estate agents.

p

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Our New Labour troll has reacted with unusual venom to this thread. I'd like to know what stirred him. Maybe this is one rare thread of many where he could claim a victory? Hey, with his party in a state of confidence collapse around him, he'll take a victory when he can..

HOLA4423

HERE'S A RUN-DOWN

Welcome to the new EFG Scheme...

**** **** are one of 7 lenders currently participating in this scheme.

...Contact us today to take advantage of this new initiative.

Loans of up to £1,000,000 are available to Businesses with a turnover of up to £25 million. Loans can be repaid over 10 years. 75% will be guaranteed by the Government and 25% will be unsecured and at the banks’ risk.

...consolidate your various debt lines... [EFG] can be used to support refinance existing loans, new loans or to convert part or all of an existing overdraft into a loan to release capacity to meet working capital needs...EFG will be available until March 2010.

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
HERE'S A RUN-DOWN

Welcome to the new EFG Scheme...

**** **** are one of 7 lenders currently participating in this scheme.

...Contact us today to take advantage of this new initiative.

Loans of up to £1,000,000 are available to Businesses with a turnover of up to £25 million. Loans can be repaid over 10 years. 75% will be guaranteed by the Government and 25% will be unsecured and at the banks’ risk.

...consolidate your various debt lines... [EFG] can be used to support refinance existing loans, new loans or to convert part or all of an existing overdraft into a loan to release capacity to meet working capital needs...EFG will be available until March 2010.

Does that mean the government and the banks are together offering unsecured loans? What happens when you default? Do they seize your assets?