House Price Crash Forum

Financial Repression

HOLA441

Buttonwood's been banging on about this for a few years:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/buttonwood

I heard Paul Mason say it last night at the start of last night bearfest on Newsnight.

That was the first time I'd heard the phrase on main stream media.

Admittingly, I doing less main stream news

In short, financial repression is ts screwing your savers.

Problem is, apart from a short term, how do you do it in the medium to long term when there are no capital controls and very a shrinking number of savers?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

It goes alongside news suppression, something they've been doing for many years now.

It's been said that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. From the mid-nineties onwards, the population decided it didn't want to be burdened with uncomfortable facts and instead wanted to hear news they found palatable, so they could go about playing in their pretend world of rainbow skies, chocolate rivers and ever increasing house prices. That has culminated in economic catastrophe and much of the detail still remains concealed from the MSM audience. Well, we wouldn't want to scare the kidults would we? Unfortunately, even if they still refuse to take the bad news, the serious matter of colossal debt still remains.

And this is why news suppression has evolved and sprouted the new arm of financial repression.

Edited by nmarks

HOLA445

It goes alongside news suppression, something they've been doing for many years now.

It's been said that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. From the mid-nineties onwards, the population decided it didn't want to be burdened with uncomfortable facts and instead wanted to hear news they found palatable, so they could go about playing in their pretend world of rainbow skies, chocolate rivers and ever increasing house prices. That has culminated in economic catastrophe and much of the detail still remains concealed from the MSM audience. Well, we wouldn't want to scare the kidults would we? Unfortunately, even if they still refuse to take the bad news, the serious matter of colossal debt still remains.

And this is why news suppression has evolved and sprouted the new arm of financial repression.

Listen, - I am still crayoning

And you are spoiling my fun.

:blink:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Nuclear bomb exploding over London?

well you need to listen to a bit of radio!!..can't say they ain't giving you hints with the playlists.

..ok most of the modern ones are just total brainwashing,about as subtle as a sledgehammer(oop...peter gabriel thrown into the mix there..sorry!).

I prefer the subliminal oldies mix!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416