House Price Crash Forum

Greek Rioters Smash Up Banks In Athens

Pindar

HOLA441

Somewhat off-topic but here goes anyway. I was watching the reporting on C4 news about the riots in Athens, it was interesting to note that the destruction of banking premises was explicitly mentioned. The media in general are reporting the trigger of the riots as being the shooting by the police, of a teenager on Saturday. Is this the whole story?

Perhaps the riots were caused by general unrest and the damage that's been done worldwide by bankers and their coordinated policies over the last decade. Perhaps the media is spinning the shooting of the teenager as being the cause rather than an effect of being caught up in riots and being a casualty of police intervention.

Maybe direct action is the only way to get governments to listen and the media is reporting this unrest as being down to a spurious cause for fear (by the authoritites) that people in other countries might get the same idea.

The report that followed was, ironically, about "shared ownership" flats not selling fast enough even though they are deemed "affordable" by some "expert".

HOLA442

It's what I've saying for years. While people were zombified by consumerism and crap telly all their growing resentments could be contained. Only needs a trigger event and a whole host of malcontents will start venting their fury on the streets.Yes, even in the UK.

Then we find out that 'terror legislation' wasn't about Ahmed and his backpack full of explosives. Actually, we've found that out hundreds of times already.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

well ...if I was a copper having a petrol bomb thrown at me ..... stuff the pistol ..... I would want one of them (predator) portable Gatling guns and strawberry jam every MoFer to 400 yards ......

3 bullets ...? the copper was being polite

HOLA447
Guest Mr Parry

Sky News were on a long mental journey of discovery with this one today. Left the camera on a guy trying to catch light to a bank, asking "do you think this has anything to do with the financial crisis?"

Well . . . duh!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest X-QUORK
well ...if I was a copper having a petrol bomb thrown at me ..... stuff the pistol ..... I would want one of them (predator) portable Gatling guns and strawberry jam every MoFer to 400 yards ......

3 bullets ...? the copper was being polite

Can't comment on this incident in Greece, but during The Troubles in NI petrol bombers were fair game, and rightly so IMO.

HOLA4415
As in "prices in Edinburgh only go up" ?? :lol:

I hear it has spread to London; some trouble outside the Greek Embassy... :o

Maybe Greek rioters outside the Embassy but you won't see any British people rioting.

HOLA4416
Can't comment on this incident in Greece, but during The Troubles in NI petrol bombers were fair game, and rightly so IMO.

And peaceful civil rights protesters. Those petrol-bombers saw the police as part of a foreign army of occupation and thus fair game, and rightly so IMO.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418