House Price Crash Forum

Bbc News Is Shocking

punter

HOLA441

their report on B&B went something like this:

"B&B known for its conservative approach took more risk, its been a tough year, their share price has fallen putting pressure on the bank"

(as if the falling share price is the cause for the banks collapse as oppose to their reckless business model)

"the ONLY way forward may be to take the Bank into public ownership"

no discussion of the fact that another alternative is to let the bank fail (even with deposits protected) no mention of how bad a deal this is for taxpayers and asking why we have to own another bank and take on its billions in liabilities

now Cameron says "the Bank of England must step in and save failing banks", WHY? this is absolute madness and a bailout for the rich bankers and wealthy debt holders in the City who have made bad investment decisions.

Edited by punter

HOLA442

They're too thick to know how thick they are. Lack of insight - like some schizophrenics.

Also unaware of their bias and prejudices when producing news - when uncovered by their own research (eg their anti-Eurosceptic bias), they stupidly believe going on an away day or training course will fix it :lol:

Just as stupid as those hacks working for the Independent who truly believe they're free of political bias. Idiots

HOLA443
WHY? this is absolute madness and a bailout for the rich bankers and wealthy debt holders in the City who have made bad investment decisions.

It's not madness. The establishment is doing what it has always done, it is protecting its interests. So what if average Joe has to foot the bill? He doesn't even understand what is going on and will believe whatever auntie beeb tells him to believe.

Edited by Quagmire

HOLA444

The BBC is not known for its impartiality. They've been saying all weekend that the Whitehouse is edging closer to a deal with the bailout. That's not what other sources are saying. I'm sure that the BBC news website is written by a web-bot repeater. No journalism necessary.

Edited by BarrelShifter

HOLA445
It's not madness. The establishment is doing what it has always done, it is protecting its interests. So what if average Joe has to foot the bill? He doesn't even understand what is going on and will believe whatever auntie beeb tells him to believe.

Quite, after all the average Joe has to foot the bill for the Beeb whether he likes it or not. We can`t expect these parasites to show any critical thinking on the issue.

HOLA446
They've been saying all weekend that the Whitehouse is edging closer to a deal with the bailout. That's not what other sources are saying. I'm sure that the BBC news website is written by a web-bot repeater. No journalism necessary.

They have been saying that since last weekend.

BBC is just terrible. Oh! how the mighty have fallen.

HOLA447
It's not madness. The establishment is doing what it has always done, it is protecting it's interests. So what if average Joe has to foot the bill? He doesn't even understand what is going on and will believe whatever auntie beeb tells him to believe.

I agree with this, but I would still say that the content of mainstream news programmes is getting rapidly worse. Who's the best person to do a reportage on the cocaine trade in Colombia? How about the bass player out of Blur?! I'm sure things things weren't that dumbed down, and every issue wasn't spun to the degree it is now ten years ago. I think the Hutton Inquiry was the watermark beyond which we will no longer be seeing anything remotely credible from the BBC.

On the other hand, maybe it was always rubbish, and I've just become more able to see through it the further I get away from the comprehensive school system.

HOLA448
On the other hand, maybe it was always rubbish, and I've just become more able to see through it the further I get away from the comprehensive school system.

It has always been rubbish I think. We didn't have the www back then, without it I'm pretty sure I'd still be "asleep" with most of the population just accepting this bs from the media.

HOLA449