House Price Crash Forum

Oh, The Beautiful Irony..

jpidding

HOLA441
also planning and self organistaion skills which many poeple don't possess

Not to mention honesty and trustworthiness. You let plumbers into your home to fix things. If you know nothing about plumbing you have to trust that they are telling the truth, not ripping you off and doing work that will function and not lead your boiler to blow up!

HOLA442
HOLA443
Like most of my colleagues I don't take any breaks , I have a sandwich at my desk while organising the afternoons activities. I work from about 7:30 to 18:00 without a break. Teaching may have been the way you describe a decade or two ago but not now.

Are the kids still on holiday then? :P

HOLA444
HOLA445
Speaking as someone who retrained as a teacher 3 years ago, who spent more than 18 years working in the private sector in IT and has worked for himself, I can tell you its very hard work and you are under constant scrutiny. However, having said, that the holidays are some small compensation !

I think it's a career you really must WANT to do!

I wonder if any of these unemployed bankers, would have chosen to retrain to teaching two years back?

A teacher friend of mine, describes the job as "zoo keeping", but with Government interference and targets!

The Gov. have ALWAYS been interfering with education, for as long as I can remember, rather than leaving it to professional educators!

For this! Nil points for HM.Gov. (any Party!)!

HOLA446
Guest Steve Cook
Well put. Can I use this in response to the next bit of nonsense about education that appears on the Grauniad's website or do you intend doing so yourself?

You are welcome to use and abuse whatever I have written wherever you wish.... ;)

HOLA447
Why don't these non-academic kids train to become plumbers, joiners. electricians, painters etc.? They'd always have work and could lead useful lives. If I was leaving school nowadays, I'd definitely go into some practical saleable skilled job like that. You'd never be unemployed....

To become an electrician for example is now a three year course, you might as well get a degree in electricial engineering at least then you'd be given the loans to support yourself on.