House Price Crash Forum

Unbelievable Estate Agent!

harp

HOLA441

Hi, first post I know but HAD to tell you this one!!

Selling house, got EA round. Tells me there are quite a number of similar properties like mine in the area. I AGREE. Conversation goes like this:

ME: look mate I want to sell ASAP

EA: Don't they all (Smirks)

ME: Well last year this place should have got around £380k

EA: Yes I agree

ME: As I said, I want to sell as I inherited this place years back and have no mortgage.....lucky me eh?

EA: Yes lucky you! So tell me, what sort of price are you looking for now?

ME: Stick it on for £250k and I'm open to offers.

EA:(GOES WHITE) There is no WAY I'm going to put it on for THAT price!!

ME: Oh ok (thinking I've overpriced it) So what do you think it should go on for?

EA: I'll put it on for £360k with a view to getting £330 - £350K!!!!

ME: YOU WHAT?!?! Mate I want to sell the ******* place, I'm not fussed about what I get as I'm leaving the UK.

EA: You don't understand Mr Harp! As I've said there are quite a number of properties like yours around here on for around that price (£360k) and if we price yours so below theirs they will be very upset and you will be selling your property for LESS than it's worth!.

ME: Well, THEIR properties are on for TOO much then? That's THEIR lookout, isn't it?

EA: Well we couldn't accept your instruction if you insist thats the price you want to market your property at.

ME: (laughing my ******* head off) Mate you can go now!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! :o

HOLA442
HOLA443

Selling house, got EA round. Tells me there are quite a number of similar properties like mine in the area. I AGREE. Conversation goes like this:

ME: look mate I want to sell ASAP

EA: Don't they all (Smirks)

ME: Well last year this place should have got around £380k

EA: Yes I agree

ME: As I said, I want to sell as I inherited this place years back and have no mortgage.....lucky me eh?

EA: Yes lucky you! So tell me, what sort of price are you looking for now?

ME: Stick it on for £250k and I'm open to offers.

EA:(GOES WHITE) There is no WAY I'm going to put it on for THAT price!!

ME: Oh ok (thinking I've overpriced it) So what do you think it should go on for?

EA: I'll put it on for £360k with a view to getting £330 - £350K!!!!

ME: YOU WHAT?!?! Mate I want to sell the ******* place, I'm not fussed about what I get as I'm leaving the UK.

EA: You don't understand Mr Harp! As I've said there are quite a number of properties like yours around here on for around that price (£360k) and if we price yours so below theirs they will be very upset and you will be selling your property for LESS than it's worth!.

ME: Well, THEIR properties are on for TOO much then? That's THEIR lookout, isn't it?

EA: Well we couldn't accept your instruction if you insist thats the price you want to market your property at.

ME: (laughing my ******* head off) Mate you can go now!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! :o

Hmm. So you're so rich you don't care what price you get? 300k or 220k, it's all the same to you. An estate agent refused your money for fear of upsetting other sellers, he was so rich from all the hundreds of sales he's been executing recently he could afford to turn down a commission?

Call me a sceptic if you wish, but awooga....

Edit - if you're for real, I might be interested! Where and what is it?

Edited by gleeful_expat

HOLA444

Pics or it didn't happen.

Well, ok, rightmove once it is on there, and name and shame the soon to be unemployed estate agent...!

HOLA445
HOLA446