House Price Crash Forum

Government Prepares To Fiddle Unemployment Statistics

Discopants

HOLA441

Well, whatever this month's unemployment numbers come in at, Gordon unelected Brown

can be proud of the fact that 3 of them are down to him. He's so far sacked 3 MPs this

week for daring to say what the whole country is thinking. Funny thing is, but I'm not

too sure on this, I dare say the MPs he sacked were elected whereas the man doing the

sacking is unelected. Don't you just love it.

HOLA442
Percentage of population : Government Office region by Benefit combination

http://83.244.183.180/100pc/wapopg/ccgor/c...comb_feb08.html

I won't comment on these figures, but it throws into doubt the government myth about non eu immigration being good for the UK economy

Jobseeker's Allowance Caseload (Thousands) : Ethnicity of claimant by Government Office region

http://83.244.183.180/100pc/jsa/ethnic/ccg...cgor_feb08.html

thank you for those. the top link indicates over 14% of the working population are on benefits of one kind or another. One in Seven people on benefits. The country's finances must be a lot worse than we are being told. it is a disgrace what gordenron has done.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
WHY has a country with one in seven people on benefits allowed an open door policy on immigration?

Because it suppresses the wage inflation of all those that are working which in turn

keeps interest rates low, house prices soaring which in turn allows all those home

owners to remortgage every six months to subsidise their poor pay rises. Doesn't

really matter where they get the money from as long as they can keep spending

it on cheap tat.

HOLA446
:ph34r:

Anecdotal

My brother in law lives on quite a rough LA estate. He's working but a lot of his neighbors don't have jobs. He tells me that lots of his neighbors have been advised by the job centre to see thier GPs and get onto disability benefit instead. As we head into recession I suspect this is a tactic to keeps the jobless figures down.

:ph34r:

...but...the Government are trying to get the disability figures down....watch these figures.....and why would the doctors play ball anyway....?

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA447
HOLA448

I think its unfair to count someone on incapacity benefit as unemployed and capable of full time work, some of them may well be capable but many are not. Some also probably capable providing the proper support is in place but it isnt.

I want to remind people here of some things.

The nhs is aweful for dealing with non life threatening chronic diseases.

The government wants to get people into work but isnt willing to provide the proper support only trying to do it via force.

There is people who are fit and healthy on jsa not able to get work so far too much competition amongst the unemployed for someone who is on incapacity benefit to get employment.

Some may remember in another subject I was made aware of disability employment advisors, initially I was refused help when I contacted the job centre, then after some persistence from me she agreed to look for jobs that may be able to accomodate me, after a month waiting I rang back and was told there is no vacancies suitable and advised to stay on incapacity benefit. What I mean by suitable is able to accomodate a high level of sickness, fluctuating condition and able to goto work in socks as I cant wear footware without spasms. I tried but I dont fit into any employers mold they want for a worker so am essentially incapable of work. Most homework jobs seem to be scams.

Edited by Chrysalis

HOLA449
WHY has a country with one in seven people on benefits allowed an open door policy on immigration?

And why are they spending Millions on new drugs and treatments curing people of diseases caught in filthy hospitals when some of those one in seven could be helping give them a good clean?

And why is this country being choked with rubbish when some more of the 1 in 7 could be recycling it?

I could be here all day.......