House Price Crash Forum

Oil Price Shock Means China Is At Risk Of Blowing Up

HOLA441
I agree, I've quietly been buying things like spare monitors and disk drives because I think it will be a long time before we see these prices again.

Careful you could start an electronic goods bubble.

HOLA442
I agree, I've quietly been buying things like spare monitors and disk drives because I think it will be a long time before we see these prices again.

I dunno - I expect ebay will be / is awash with bargins to be had.

Once my 12 year old CRT TV set goes I shall look for a 2nd hand lcd on ebay

HOLA443

Possibly, the TFT screens I've been watching on ebay seem to be cheaper than they were a few months back. How much of that is financial hardship, and how much because second hand goods are still being squeezed by falling new prices, remains to be seen. But I expect the purchasing power of the pound to fall, so I think it makes sense to acquire currently-cheap imports that I need/want now rather than later.

Of course, the question of whether we'll have the leccy to run these things is moot :lol:

HOLA444
Possibly, the TFT screens I've been watching on ebay seem to be cheaper than they were a few months back. How much of that is financial hardship, and how much because second hand goods are still being squeezed by falling new prices, remains to be seen. But I expect the purchasing power of the pound to fall, so I think it makes sense to acquire currently-cheap imports that I need/want now rather than later.

Of course, the question of whether we'll have the leccy to run these things is moot :lol:

I stocked up on shoes, trainers, work boots, and shirts.

Also a bike

garden tools, other hand tools

HOLA445
HOLA446
I stocked up on shoes, trainers, work boots, and shirts.

Also a bike

garden tools, other hand tools

Been doing that too. Plus books and info on how to fix the bikes, plus tools and parts for same. It's getting to be like a mental illness :lol:

HOLA447
Been doing that too. Plus books and info on how to fix the bikes, plus tools and parts for same. It's getting to be like a mental illness :lol:

How about this then??

A couple of months ago purchased 40 11w / 20 14w / 20 18w Philips CFLs for £30. Divided up between family.

Last year bought a lorry load of rockwool (flat development that stopped suddenly ;) )- worked out at 75p a m2. Most of the Barlows extended family now have loft insulation in the 300-500mm range!

Even managed to squeeze a profit out of my purchases ;)

HOLA448

:lol:

Hello, my names RK. I visit HPC.co.uk

Today I added bottled water, a camping gas stove and spare canisters to my "to buy" list. I feel so ashamed.

HOLA449

Cars are still holding up... although they're not made in china... well the one's you'd want to buy anyway....

Anyone heard of a car price crash site yet?