House Price Crash Forum

New Series Of Location, Location, Location

HOLA441
While I don';t believe that reducing / abolishing stamp duty will make a bean of difference to the market, it is a lunatic tax:

£2500 on a £250,000 house, £7505 on a £250,001 house.

How can that possibly be sensible?

Either keep the percentage the same at all values or tax extra on the portion above 250,000k.

Tonight's Location, Location. Phil admits markets are falling; Kirstie sees it 'stagnating'.

Straight onto Kirstie's hobby horse - Stamp Duty. The only thing that's keeping the market from taking off again. Rather petulant that Alastair Darling wouldn't speak to her personally on the issue.

She's making SD into a crusade - political career in the offing?

The football's on the other side. At 8.10 I'm switching over.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

This was filmed in Summer '07

One of the houses which was in Elvington near York had a huge conservatory, and the people said theyd more than likely take it off to get more garden space. Phil said that it would knock 10k off the price.

But house price deflation would knock a whole lot more than that off it.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Just watching tonights episode.

Krusty - You're meant to be acting in the BUYERS INTEREST. It's the whole pretense of your 'job' on the programme. That means the following:

1. In a rapidly falling market you do NOT advise your buyers to offer the asking price.

2. You do not treat offers below the asking price with contempt.

3. When negotiating with Estate Agents you negotiate in the buyers interest, not the seller's.

4. You do not make low offers apologetically to the estate agent;

5. You don't say things like "You're probably not going to accept this low/cheeky offer, but..." to the estate agent;

6. You certainly don't, before even mentioning numbers to the estate agent you are about to make a low offer to, say: "My buyers are really interest in this property"... you should act as if you are prepared to walk away if the offer is not accepted.. and be prepared to do so.

7. You make an offer and shut the hell up. You don't start gabbling "£400k?.... no? how about £425k?...... £450k?...."

8. You don't act is if it is good news, or a trophy of your success, when the buyers actually offer the asking price. In a falling market this is a sign of your incompetence and inability as a negotiator acting in the buyers interest.

Thank God Hugh is on now.

HOLA448
Ok i can't believe krusty is SERIOUSLY trying to get *them* to up their offer before shes even put it to the agent!

If i were them i would have smacked her.

I'm just watching "Krusty and Spills property nonsense", and I'm afraid to say I want to punch her in the mouth just on general principles.

It must be something to do with the little face she pulls before spouting another untruth, which reminds me Gordon Browns habit of doing exactly the same thing.

It's like they have rearrange their face to "honest" mode or "sincere mode" before speaking.

Oh, and what IS she wearing? (As my mum would say ;) )

I swear people will look back on this in a few years on and be unable to believe it's not a spoof.

They are so up their own 4rses.