House Price Crash Forum

Run On Banks Has Got Legs - Well Has It? Poll

Guest vicmac64

HOLA441
Guest vicmac64

This Bear Stearns news is huge news - even the dim witted and slow to catch on journalists seem to think so.

The question is will the Bear Stearns episode now contaminate the UK banking sector and particulary those banks rumoured to be having major problems. Of course the banks in question still deny the possibility of a funding crisis - but there again so did Bear Stearns!!!!

So Whats your answer on this?

HOLA442
This Bear Stearns news is huge news - even the dim witted and slow to catch on journalists seem to think so.

The question is will the Bear Stearns episode now contaminate the UK banking sector and particulary those banks rumoured to be having major problems. Of course the banks in question still deny the possibility of a funding crisis - but there again so did Bear Stearns!!!!

So Whats your answer on this?

I voted number 2 because I don't want number 3 to happen and I'm scaring the shit out of myself.

HOLA443

I think the banking system will go down, but if the government intentionally continuous to zombify the banks I think the runs will be limited. If Crash Gordon and his sidekick get unsure of themselves the sh*t will hit the fan.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest vicmac64
There won't be any runs because the government will create as much money as is required to support any struggling entity.

This will mean hyper inflation - gold will skyrocket - people will cause further runs as they convert their money into assets and gold etc, which will cause further runs on the banks - this road is a limited one - I think this one has got legs now - I think you will see Gold rise massively to confirm my views over the next few weeks. By the way I have no money invested in gold of any type so I am not a Gold Bug.

The sheeple are gradually getting woke up, when they truly awake they will PANIC. Like I am right now to be honest with money in the banks.

HOLA446
This will mean hyper inflation - gold will skyrocket

Indeed. As Sinclair says on jsmineset:

We have examined every possible solution to today's problems and find NO PRACTICAL SOLUTION whatsoever.

Today’s multi billion dollar bail out of a cash stripped major international investment banking firm proves my contention that whatever infinite level of liquidity is required will be provided. This is a modern day Weimar Republic case study.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
There won't be any runs because the government will create as much money as is required to support any struggling entity.

I agree with this.

They can not allow bank runs and failures.

Why on earth do people think NR has been propped up like it has?

:ph34r:

HOLA4410
In my friends Bank, they are so worried that they wont allow staff to have deliveries to the bank from a certain Pizza Chain

ha ha that is fantastic, I have to admit I do watch which banks are getting deliveries and at what times of the day / weekend they are.

for me though dominos is a BAU event. good job I don't share buildings with lehmans eh!!!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
I agree with this.

They can not allow bank runs and failures.

Why on earth do people think NR has been propped up like it has?

:ph34r:

They can't allow them but how can they stop them? If they take pre-emptive action it is likely to hasten the very thing they are trying to avoid - it's difficult to do anything in secret with today's instant communication. It was the run on Bear Stearns that necessitated a rescue, don't forget. The rescue wasn't put in place first and thus a bank run avoided.

HOLA4413
Guest vicmac64

They can't allow them but how can they stop them? If they take pre-emptive action it is likely to hasten the very thing they are trying to avoid - it's difficult to do anything in secret with today's instant communication. It was the run on Bear Stearns that necessitated a rescue, don't forget. The rescue wasn't put in place first and thus a bank run avoided.
Precisely - investors will run hard from the banks - money is a powerful motivator as NR proved. The cat is now out of the bag big time, the crunch just starting, the recession just looming and even the slow ones are putting 2+2 together and saying 'things will get a LOT WORSE before they get better. This current place where we stand is the beginning of the end of false fiat currencies and economies.