HOLA441
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Actually, I'm facing this. I work on a fixed contract which expires at the the end of June with no renewal on the table at mo. GF is out of work and has been for some time (long story). If I don't get something lined up before then then it's off to live with the GF's family and signing on, although how we continue to service our debts I'm not sure. So 0 months essentially.

HOLA444
According to Credit Action, report out today, the average person in this country could survive financially just 17 days if they lost their income.

I could do about 3 years at current rates of expenditure.

most people on this site are saving up for a house though. so the average person may have already bought their house and dont really see the equity in their house as their disposable income.

if everyone bought the house that they are planning to get, how much money would they have left over would maybe be a better measure.

Edited by mfp123

HOLA445
most people on this site are saving up for a house though. so the average person may have already bought their house and dont really see the equity in their house as their disposable income.

if everyone bought the house that they are planning to get, how much money would they have left over would maybe be a better measure.

I own my house debt free. Three years is how long my money would last. If I sold up and rented it would obviously be a lot longer. How much longer in the current market is a somewhat speculative question.

HOLA446
HOLA447

What makes you think that most people here are saving for a house?

I suspect there are a large number of people who own their homes outright.

Like Freeholder, we own our house outright and as I posted previously:

If we both lost our jobs tomorrow, I reckon we could live reasonably comfortably for at least 10 years, more if we don't touch our savings.

I have a small non work dependant income, so that plus income from savings would provide at least £1k per month, that will rise to around £1.5k per month in 4 years time.

Depends how well we would want to live really. ;)

Edited by Boughtin95

HOLA448