Had Property-bee For One Day And...

HOLA441
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Well spotted, but if I'm not mistaken that's a 180k reduction! :lol:

You hold the championship prize reduction till it's beaten!

Champion to date: Tinman.

(Maybe next week it'll go up a bit as the person entering the data had had a liquid lunch. :lol: )

I know that house in Woodthorpe - the £615000 price tag was incorrect on rightmove - sorry :(

HOLA443

I have noticed a few 3 to 5% drops on properties up to 325K in the E11 area so nothing too intersting yet on prices... interstingly though there are nearly 600 properties on in this range which is a lot especially considering all of the pent up demand the Olympics should be generating :lol: ... and in the last three days 16 have had refernce to "lease hold" removed from their description... I love property bee! finally we can see the spin in action... :ph34r:

HOLA444

An update, which hopefully will be of great interest to anyone in Ireland.

Property-bee 1.0.2.0 is available. It still works with rightmove, but now also works with Ireland's "number one property website", daft.ie :D

Edited by beerhunter

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Just out of personal desire to avoid work, do you have any intention to provide statistical analysis? I've been thinking of knocking together something to parse the data files and produce time-series data for the postcodes I'm tracking, but if you're going to do it yourself, then I can avoid the effort.

I'd like to eventually, however I want to get some other features in before then.

There are certain issues with providing statistical analysis (for the large number of users of property-bee) which need some careful thought;

* Who is going to prove the analysis is correct?

* Some (maybe most) people will be looking at properties which suit their needs, so would their data give a valid reflection of their area? Probably not.

* Will property sites see property-bee as a threat and denounce the results, or even worse.

There's obviously a place for a buyers tool like property-bee, however it needs to work with the guidelines of the sellers sites, it's a fine line but one I want to stay on the right side of.

Meantime since anyone using property-bee is actually collating their own data, it doesn't seem unreasonable to provide an export function. This will be a new feature of the next version (see the property-bee release schedule) and allow (if you are so inclined) to do your own personal analysis in your favourite spreadsheet, but property-bee doesn't endorse the analysis method you are using or the results :blink:

If your not an excel or open office wiz, we have a few ideas in very early development which I think might help people get a feel for the value of a property, nothing to do with average or mean prices, no maths involved, just pure common sense is needed :D

Cheers

BH