House Price Crash Forum

Bournemouth

buytoilet

HOLA441

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/4701237.Hopes_still_high_for_uphill_battle_over_Bournemouth_s_Nova_site/

Oh dear. Seems like the developers are struggling to let space in the Nova building on the former site of C&A in Bournemouth.

Nice picture of two glam ladies looking surprisingly chipper.

Keep those chins up, girls. It'll all be over in a couple of decades.

On the residential side, there's absolutely nothing selling, or being offered for sale around me in the Wimborne Road/Oakdale area of Poole. It's a dead market.

i was walking past there the other day, made me think as I thought it would be open now. Castle Point has not managed to fill the vacant spots either.

My gage to the reccesion being over is when the Woolwich shops get re let with anything other than £ shops.

We went down to the Reef Sunday morning as the clocks had gone back but no one told my kids, So by half 8 we were all up dressed and down at the pier.

Anyway wind bowing a bit, felt like 5 or 6 SSW which is the normal direction, waves very short and sharp. They may have built up by the end of the day but the worrying thing was the reef was flat.

All the surfers were using the break off the pier with the reef flating out the waves, which is the opposite effect of what is required.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

i was walking past there the other day, made me think as I thought it would be open now. Castle Point has not managed to fill the vacant spots either.

My gage to the reccesion being over is when the Woolwich shops get re let with anything other than £ shops.

We went down to the Reef Sunday morning as the clocks had gone back but no one told my kids, So by half 8 we were all up dressed and down at the pier.

Anyway wind bowing a bit, felt like 5 or 6 SSW which is the normal direction, waves very short and sharp. They may have built up by the end of the day but the worrying thing was the reef was flat.

All the surfers were using the break off the pier with the reef flating out the waves, which is the opposite effect of what is required.

I can see the birth of a small cargo style cult here. Small bunches of devotees waiting on the beach saying to each other "One day. One day the waves will come. It was promised, long ago. If we keep the faith, one day the waves will come"

Apparently, we are all waiting for a South Westerly Gound Swell...

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/4704593.Boscombe_Surf_Reef_won___t_be_ready_this_week/

Edited by juvenal

HOLA443

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/4714224.Boscombe_surf_reef_up_and_running_today/?ref=mr

Jury still out on the Reef issue. Little video in the Echo piece..

Best part of £100K a year to keep lifeguards on the beach 365 days a year. One up the ratepayers jacksey again.

South Today on the TV said only 7 of the notorious surf 'pods' have been old. Podpricecrash?

Edited by juvenal

HOLA444

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/4714224.Boscombe_surf_reef_up_and_running_today/?ref=mr

Jury still out on the Reef issue. Little video in the Echo piece..

Best part of £100K a year to keep lifeguards on the beach 365 days a year. One up the ratepayers jacksey again.

South Today on the TV said only 7 of the notorious surf 'pods' have been old. Podpricecrash?

and here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/8267133.stm

HOLA445

Well I for one think its great whats happening in Boscombe. I was down there again at the weekend for brunch in Urban Reef and it was buzzing. There is just a great feel of being at the seaside when you are down there and I thought that before all this regeneration. Compare this with Bournemouth - the horrible Imax building, the caffs etc its horrible - you feel like you are in the middle of a Butlins holiday camp.

I think we should be positive about Boscombe it was once a beautiful seaside town and very upmarket - so why not try to get it back where it belongs. And yes there is alot to do around the town centre and cleaning up the drugs etc and that will happen and I am fully supportive of efforts made.

If you want waste of council money - try Poole - cant remember exactly how much it was but it was around £50k for a lump of "stone" being put on the corner of Penn Avenue outside Mitchells estate agents - which is meant to "light up" at night but the "lights" go along the pavement behind the lump of stone so cant be seen from the road and now those lights dont work either. Total waste of money! Ugly and even if the lights do work - its still ugly total waste of money!

HOLA446

Hi LondonGirl and fellow Bournemouthites

I am a reef sceptic and the jury is still out wether it will perform as promised. But I was down at Boscombe pier on Sunday also and can say hand on heart the place was rocking, 30 - 40 surfers/body boarders in the water about 10 on the reef which was breaking abit early but alot further out that all the other waves. Children playing on the beach families.. The urban beach resturant I can also recommend not exactly cheap but relaxed friendly and good quality thats not too mass produced.

I might have to admit it but the boscombe generation project has already transfored what was a seriously miserable bit of run down old coastline into something much nicer. I take people's point that Boscombe is not just the Boscombe spa beach front but Rome was'nt built in a day!

I would also recommend the Opera House 02 Acadamey for live bands Ian Brown is playing there on Thursday so grab your tickets..

I'm tempted to buy down this way but still renting. Will wait till next winter to see how things play out with the market/election.

Today is gorgeous btw so grab your board and get surfing.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Sad to see this. Shows a lot of anger, even smashing through the upstairs ceilings. Where's Beswick Ave?

Bh10

Ensbury Park, supposed to be one of the cheaper areas of bournemouth

Details have now been updated, ** CASH BUYERS ONLY **

So if you got a spare 160K its a steal

HOLA4412

Bh10

Ensbury Park, supposed to be one of the cheaper areas of bournemouth

Details have now been updated, ** CASH BUYERS ONLY **

So if you got a spare 160K its a steal

You're right . I'm not in the market, but it's tragic that a young couple I know paid nearly that for a 1 bed flat in B'mouth (good building near Boscombe pier) at the peak of the market. They'll be stuck in it for years. Ensbury Park isn't that bad.

HOLA4413

You're right . I'm not in the market, but it's tragic that a young couple I know paid nearly that for a 1 bed flat in B'mouth (good building near Boscombe pier) at the peak of the market. They'll be stuck in it for years. Ensbury Park isn't that bad.

Beswick Ave is only 10 mins walk from the Uni campus, and is being gradually studentified - lots of 4 bed 2 rec detached houses. Damage could be a result of a MAJOR end of year party???

• 2 months later...
HOLA4414
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4415

Shame this topic has gone quiet... bit like the market I guess, which looks pretty dead to me at the moment - minimal new stuff coming on, lots of optimistically priced stuff sitting on the market unsold for months, and even some jokers raising the asking price on their still unsold properties...

Still a stalemate - any signs of a wave of new instructions any time soon?

Edited by Har Fast

HOLA4416

Shame this topic has gone quiet... bit like the market I guess, which looks pretty dead to me at the moment - minimal new stuff coming on, lots of optimistically priced stuff sitting on the market unsold for months, and even some jokers raising the asking price on their still unsold properties...

Still a stalemate - any signs of a wave of new instructions any time soon?

agreed I think people get a bit bored of me and Juvenal going on about the surf reef.

BH9 prices are rising due to a lack of supply, hardly anything for sale. Still lots of dross left over from last year.

BH8 is even worse, Charminster has about 5 houses for sale for less than 250,000 and most of them look like a good buldozer would be a better option.

As an independent mortgage broker I cant believe what I am seeing, the mortgage market is screwed. There is no finance avaliable for huge chunks of society. but prices are still going up and at some point we will hit the tipping point and woosh we will be off again.

I am glad to be out of the market, I think a lot of people dont get it and think we are back to the good times with a load of funny money that they dont understand or really care about.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4417

I'm definitely seeing more coming onto the market during last fortnight in the Wimborne Road area of Poole BH15. But increasingly, basic three bed Edwardian semis and terraces are being marketed by EA's as '3/4 beds' or even '4 beds'. Simply by sticking a bed in the middle downstairs room. And prices are being hiked accordingly

http://www.dezrez.com/DRApp/Search.ASP?WCI=Particular&WCE=001703353

This one is at peak 3 bed price, whereas recent similar sales nearby are nearer £200k. Who is the target market? - and how long will this blatant attempt to keep prices up continue? Nearly everything in the last two years on my patch (I watch 500 houses) that's actually sold has gone significantly lower than asking.

Can you add 50K to a house value by calling a dining room a bedroom? And how many people can these little houses hold?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Some of those comments are hilarious

"fook the lot of ya boscombe rocks

what other town round ere

has got prosies on street corners drunks galore and drugs on tap.Viva la revolution hippys rule!" :lol:

"I guess there isn't a Specsavers in this area then. Boscome must be where Dorset gets its enemas" :o

"funny i was driving through boscombe the other day with my partner and we were saying we couldnt believe what a dump it had turned into! :ph34r:

"even wikipedia refers to it as "Little Liverpool", "Bos Vegas", "Bosghanistan" and "The Costa del Dole"! "

Wiki Link for Bos Vegas :)

HOLA4421

ive just sold my house and looking to buy, but cant help notice that people in Bournemouth seem to want a huge amount of money for a complete load of rubbish thats around at the moment! Is anyone else experiencing the same? Looks like im off to rent until people consider being more realistic.

HOLA4422

ive just sold my house and looking to buy, but cant help notice that people in Bournemouth seem to want a huge amount of money for a complete load of rubbish thats around at the moment! Is anyone else experiencing the same? Looks like im off to rent until people consider being more realistic.

Hi Mason

Are you using property bee

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Around Boscombe they are all waiting for the surfless recovery...

HOLA4425