House Price Crash Forum

£675m For 75% Of Meadowhall Anyone?

strbear

HOLA441
HOLA442
“Despite a range of investor interest, the uncertainty in financial markets has made the prospect of realising an appropriate value unlikely at the present time,”

Ah, pure poetry, although "a few blokes showed up, kicked the tyres, and told us we were having a laugh" feels a little more honest.

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest Bart of Darkness
British Land on Thursday became the latest victim of the credit squeeze, after it abandoned the attempted sale of a majority stake in Meadowhall, its £1.7bn shopping centre in Sheffield.

:)

Haven't been to Meadowhell since before the floods. Hate the place. I used to think that my personal idea of purgatory would be endlessly wandering around Meadowhell during a bank holiday.

I can't believe that the sale has fallen through. Don't they know that Meadowhell is conveniently positioned for the Blackburn Meadows sewage works?

Maybe the wind was blowing the wrong way that day?

HOLA445
HOLA446
Indeed,

A Mate of mine was in there recently, he told me the sewage from the floods (still in the foundations) had permeated the Marble walkways inside.

:blink:

I was there a couple of weeks ago looking for an Iggle Piggle. Half the shops were still closed and the place was very moribund. Sad, given how many people rely on the place for their living. Can't say I noticed any discoloration but then again I can't remember what it was like before.

Even worse: there were no Iggle Piggles so I had to go to Toys R Us which isn't on the same site. Deep joy.

HOLA447
Want to invest £675M and get 4.5% yield - no thought not and neither does anyone else

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c3ea726c-7290-11...00779fd2ac.html

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle2590357.ece

Its started . . . ..

SB

British land have IMO continually over exposed themselves along with may I hasten to add Slough estates or segro as it's now known (it's amazing the number of t*ss*rs that have made money in recent years). Which I'm sure we will hear more of soon.

edit spelling

Edited by vfr

HOLA448
I was there a couple of weeks ago looking for an Iggle Piggle. Half the shops were still closed and the place was very moribund. Sad, given how many people rely on the place for their living. Can't say I noticed any discoloration but then again I can't remember what it was like before.

Even worse: there were no Iggle Piggles so I had to go to Toys R Us which isn't on the same site. Deep joy.

Did Toys R Us have any Iggle Piggles?

HOLA449
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4410

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle2846586.ece

Meanwhile, British Land, also tipped as a bid target, is expected to sound a health warning on the outlook for the sector as it reveals this week that its flagship regional shopping centre in Sheffield has fallen in value by about £100m to £1.6 billion

In an article on Land securities de-merging.

HOLA4411

You should have stayed at home and shopped for your Iggle Piggle on ebay-I got one no probs (altho I think Mothercare online has them too but Id be quick)..I also got a Macca Pakka (sp?) and an Upsy Daisy no probs :):)

Back on topic-yes Meadowhell was a complete shitehole before the floods never mind now the sewage has worked into the fabric of the structure...oh deary me lol :D Quick PS-last time I was suffering amnesia sufficiently to go to Meadowhall on a shopping excursion (pah its anything but in there) we were nearly killed by some mountain bikes which decided to detach themselves from the back of the car they were on and bounce down our carriageway of the M1 on the way home :o Another good reason to hate Meadowhall I suppose :)

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
British land are deep in the brown stuff, they are taking a kicking from both commercial rents and the land values falling together, check out this graph. Shares are easy to off load property not so, expect land values to following this curve in the next 18 months.

financial_chart_10125_6month_200x150.png

Does British Land have any large London offices in development ?

Land Securities seem to be de-merging. Not sure I'd want to invest in a London office Reit.

HOLA4414
Guest mSparks
British land are deep in the brown stuff, they are taking a kicking from both commercial rents and the land values falling together, check out this graph. Shares are easy to off load property not so, expect land values to following this curve in the next 18 months.

financial_chart_10125_6month_200x150.png

doubt it has anything todo with 'turmoil in credit markets'

Savills, the property agent, has predicted prices of British commercial property could fall by up to 10 per cent over the coming months.

75/675 = 11% x 0.75 = ~8%

0.046*675 = 31m

sounds more like common sense to me

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
You should have stayed at home and shopped for your Iggle Piggle on ebay-I got one no probs (altho I think Mothercare online has them too but Id be quick)..I also got a Macca Pakka (sp?) and an Upsy Daisy no probs :):)

Back on topic-yes Meadowhell was a complete shitehole before the floods never mind now the sewage has worked into the fabric of the structure...oh deary me lol :D Quick PS-last time I was suffering amnesia sufficiently to go to Meadowhall on a shopping excursion (pah its anything but in there) we were nearly killed by some mountain bikes which decided to detach themselves from the back of the car they were on and bounce down our carriageway of the M1 on the way home :o Another good reason to hate Meadowhall I suppose :)

Too late now I'm back in Sydney... ITNG doesn't seem to have permeated down under. I wasn't keen on the Big IP as I say and I packed the three small toys plus a DVD to keep us going here. Looks like it's time to get into Humphrey B Bear...

BTW the market here is lookng patchy. It took a bit of a fillip Q1-Q3 evidenced by a reduction in private treaty sales (the UK way) and a re-emergence of auctions, but the IR rise last weekend dented clearance rate almost to price reduction levels across Sydney (<60% is the magic number I think).