House Price Crash Forum

Is The Housing Market Slowing Down ?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
What brainless twaddle. Poor frank.

The massage therapist segment was utterly bizarre. The league of gentlemen comes to mind...

No loss there then, as I missed it putting the bins out. Caught the political correspondant at the end around 7.05am stating the obvious by saying Darling & co. wanted to see the Northern Rock with no queues as their live camera was showing (bit surreal) not queues like previous days. :blink:

'Beeb of Gentlemen' ;)

........ edit 7.15, we're back to NR branch, talking about the families in NE, funded by Northern Rock foundation charity (takes 5% of NR profits) .........

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA446
Guest The_Oldie
The massage therapist segment was utterly bizarre. The league of gentlemen comes to mind...

Carefully chosen to be as far from the image of the average family as possible?

HOLA447
What brainless twaddle. Poor frank.

I wonder if his mortgage company know he's using his home as his place of work or whether his fellow residents know he's using the place as a massage parlour?

Or am I just a prude?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

That massewer couldnt have had much of a mortgage- extra 150 per month- i guess thats a 100,000 prepayment mortgage over 25 years, fixed for two years at 4.99% rising to 7,99%

Hes not very typical of a young couple, and the the figures mean that in 2005 he would have been earning around 28000- but he is sefl employed so I suppose he was fast tracked- self cert.

Unless you got a uber deposit, 100,000 gets you nought these days.

HOLA4411

Oh no, Rosie Millards on now !! 'I don't think there will be a crash' .

Edit : This is going from bad to worse, now the old lack of supply myth.

Rosie 'a friend of mine paid a £1 million asking price recently & there were 3 other parites' so the markets ok then :rolleyes::blink:

FFS!

http://www.rosiemillard.com/

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Well no one need worry then because Rosie and guy from Moneyweek (?) say there's absolutely no way that house prices are going to fall. People are fighting over houses in home counties (with 1 million cash in their back pockets).

Me thinks they doth protest too much...I haven't seen Rosie quite that desperate before. (apparently she is being sensible though - she went to an auction yesterday but did not buy as it would have meant taking out a 100% mortgage)

:angry: :angry:

HOLA4414
Well no one need worry then because Rosie and guy from Moneyweek (?) say there's absolutely no way that house prices are going to fall. People are fighting over houses in home counties (with 1 million cash in their back pockets).

Me thinks they doth protest too much...I haven't seen Rosie quite that desperate before. (apparently she is being sensible though - she went to an auction yesterday but did not buy as it would have meant taking out a 100% mortgage)

:angry: :angry:

All that looked like was a group of desperate VI's spouting tired cliche after cliche.

'Good Time to Buy'

'Lack of Supply'

'Good unemployment'

'My friend bought a 1 million pound house, at asking price with 4 other offers on it, only yesterday'

'Interest rates on the way down'

etc. etc.

I doubt many people will fall for it. It was one sided piss poor, dumbed down journalism, which backed up nothing with fact. Dermot lifted the main report from CBBC newsround I am sure.

Games over now, if people didn't realise before, they will now after watching that pathetic insult to our intelligence.

After all her splutterings I think Rosie will be dissapointed, admitting to not buying at an auction yesterday because she sould of had to get a 100% mortage! What a daft bint.

HOLA4415

That bloke was Paul Lewis, presenter of the radio 4 programme 'moneybox'.

I don't think anyone from Moneyweek would have been that optmistic about the housing market.

HOLA4416
That bloke was Paul Lewis, presenter of the radio 4 programme 'moneybox'.

I don't think anyone from Moneyweek would have been that optmistic about the housing market.

I had a great deal of respect for Paul Lewis till he sided with the Rosie with the old and tired 'supply/demand' rhetoric. :angry:

HOLA4417