House Price Crash Forum

Do Any Of You Have An Nr Account?

HOLA441
you might be interested in this post:

"Somebody on the "Don't Blame the Foreigners" thread who works on large-scale web systems says that the page is not timing out but is on automatic - turned off, in other words.

Another poster says that this constitutes fraud."

not sure if it's true or not though ?

edited - taken from this post

Cheers GOM that kinda backs up my whole point. I dont think that they are open for business but demand has caused the system to freeze. I think that they have limited customers from logging in which in my book just plain wrong. What makes it even more wrong is that mortgage customers can login without a care in the world!

To the poster who asked if I was talking about DNS sub domains I was talking about them because the poster I was replying to used Ebays DNS subdomains as an example of how they work....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
As a world class internet programmer, myself. I can tell you catagorically that the site is not under strain, it has collapsed. In a way that has slowed this very site down on the past few days. Its all to do with a database called mysql. It simply cannot handle unlimited requests and so what happens is it goes into a part of programming called a buffer underun.

The stingy gits. Fancy running a bank on MySQL. I expect the insolvent bank of my choice to a least use Oracle or perhaps PostgreSQL for its backend. MSSQL as a last resort :lol:

HOLA443
As a world class internet programmer, myself. I can tell you catagorically that the site is not under strain, it has collapsed. In a way that has slowed this very site down on the past few days. Its all to do with a database called mysql. It simply cannot handle unlimited requests and so what happens is it goes into a part of programming called a buffer underun.

MySQL can't handle unlimited requests? My ass! Anything can do that!

HOLA444
HOLA445
The stingy gits. Fancy running a bank on MySQL. I expect the insolvent bank of my choice to a least use Oracle or perhaps PostgreSQL for its backend. MSSQL as a last resort :lol:

MySQL, free Linux distro, Dell server, spotty script kiddie CIO, cheap furniture. Open the door and let the borrowers in! :lol:

HOLA446

Thank christ!! Someone with a brain!! ;)

Just been on NR website and they have opened up the savings side now. It behaves completely differently than before and further proves that during the past 24hrs they actually closed the savings side with the excuse that the servers couldnt handle the demands!

I guess they realised that they couldnt continue with that plan because it was making people very very annoyed!

HOLA447
HOLA448

the northernrock.co.uk server is running windows server 2003 so there is a good chance they are not using mysql which runs on linux

HOLA449

They are definitely hiding the sign-on from customers. There is no delay whatsoever for the "sorry" page to come up.

However, I have found you can bypass the "lockout" page by going to this URL: https://ww6.northernrock.com/servlet/CSplashServlet?

I'm not a Northern Crock customer so can't test it - but may be helpful to some. ;)

If it works for you, spread the word! :)

HOLA4410
the northernrock.co.uk server is running windows server 2003 so there is a good chance they are not using mysql which runs on linux

Errmm MySQL will run on Windows:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/win...stallation.html

However I agree, its highly unlikely they are running MySQL.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
They are definitely hiding the sign-on from customers. There is no delay whatsoever for the "sorry" page to come up.

However, I have found you can bypass the "lockout" page by going to this URL: https://ww6.northernrock.com/servlet/CSplashServlet?

I'm not a Northern Crock customer so can't test it - but may be helpful to some. ;)

If it works for you, spread the word! :)

That is proof if proof is needed that they are blocking it! Click on the site to access savings accounts you get error message.. Go straight to the login splash on above link and u get in straight away!

This needs to be passed out to as many people as possible!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

The last thing a bank needs is it's cash deposits disappearing on top of a significant fall in the value of NR. No wonder they are trying desperately to slow the amount of cash it is loosing by stopping it's customers from accessing their money on line.

This bank is as good as gone. If it's not Monday it will be some time soon. Don't trust those idoits who tell you the bank is safe.

It's all down hill from here.

Sit back and watch it all unfurl.

'Follow the bear'.

bear.jpg

post-10437-1189871790_thumb.jpg

HOLA4417
your point is valid as there is no need for the front end to be running the same flavour of software as the backend.

for all we know the back end could be a mainframe.

I agree, but the backend is probably not so much a mainframe, but more likely a cluster of Intel or Sun servers, either running an enterprise *nix or Windows and an enterprise db software, such as Oracle etc..

However there are still problems with sudden and unexpected bursts of demand. I can take time to put on extra servers and bandwidth etc..

This site (HPC) has similar issues from time to time (IPS driver error) but on a much smaller scale.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
I agree, but the backend is probably not so much a mainframe, but more likely a cluster of Intel or Sun servers, either running an enterprise *nix or Windows and an enterprise db software, such as Oracle etc..

However there are still problems with sudden and unexpected bursts of demand. I can take time to put on extra servers and bandwidth etc..

This site (HPC) has similar issues from time to time (IPS driver error) but on a much smaller scale.

If it was a problem with sever capability then the following link https://ww6.northernrock.com/servlet/CSplashServlet would not open the Java Applett and allow you to log in. There is nothing wrong with their systems and they are not over loaded.. The website is being throttled pure and simple and that is a very naughty thing to do!

HOLA4420

I smelt the shit hitting the fan a few weeks ago and hauled the money out I had in NR, only just a measly 8 grand but I thought things were getting a bit ropey. Just phone them up, thats what I did, money transferred to safer hands the next day ;)

HOLA4421
I smelt the shit hitting the fan a few weeks ago and hauled the money out I had in NR, only just a measly 8 grand but I thought things were getting a bit ropey. Just phone them up, thats what I did, money transferred to safer hands the next day ;)

Sensitive smell or was it just the drop in share price that raised the hairs on your neck?

HOLA4422

Hahahah, enjoying the Geek Banter between the "world class internet programmers".

Superb.

Does anyone have have any reason to believe NR are using mySQL for either full backend databases or what ever

servers they use to serve passwords and limited account data out to the net (I hope we all agree that these would not be the same boxes) confirmation of them using mySQL would ammuse me greatly also.

ST

HOLA4423
Hahahah, enjoying the Geek Banter between the "world class internet programmers".

Superb.

Does anyone have have any reason to believe NR are using mySQL for either full backend databases or what ever

servers they use to serve passwords and limited account data out to the net (I hope we all agree that these would not be the same boxes) confirmation of them using mySQL would ammuse me greatly also.

ST

I would be stunned if Mysql would be used :blink:

Perhaps the world class geek would be able to give us some clarity on this... Thats if he can get away from his phpBB where is uses mySQL and thinks its the nuts.. ;)

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Nerd alert, nerd alert

Jeeeez. This thread is like a scene from the "IT Crowd"

I would not want to get stuck in a lift with these dungeon masters. Why would house prices be of concern when you live in your moms attic?

;)

Hop off froggy.. The only pad you should be worried about starts with lilly :P:P

Edited by Spikey1