House Price Crash Forum

Interesting Call For My Gf

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Eh? not allowed to cold call <_<

I was getting cold calls for months: no message left on the answerphone, and no number available from caller-ID. One day I just got sick of it and picked up the phone instead of letting the answerphone screen it - and I got a recorded message on the other end trying to sell me a mortgage! :blink:

I didn't realise this was legal, but since that day the calls have stopped. I declined to "press 5 and speak to an adviser" on the grounds that if you can't think of anything nice to say... etc.

HOLA445
Last night might gf got a call from TML (The Mortgage Lender)

Asking her if she had considered a morgage.

So these sub primers are now cold calling for business.

I think this is very interesting.

So how does it feel to have been identified as trailer trash?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Wa hay! Steve's back and on form ;) Seriously under FSA rules you are not allowed to 'cold call' financial products. If anyone has evidence of this report it. Please

Apprantly there are ways round this.. I do not know what but there is something that is allowing them to cold call. Anything after 9pm is illegal but what you can and cannot sell is becoming very grey.

Most of the times, these are agencies working on behalf of the organisation and selling in any manner possible.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
I was getting cold calls for months: no message left on the answerphone, and no number available from caller-ID. One day I just got sick of it and picked up the phone instead of letting the answerphone screen it - and I got a recorded message on the other end trying to sell me a mortgage! :blink:

I didn't realise this was legal, but since that day the calls have stopped. I declined to "press 5 and speak to an adviser" on the grounds that if you can't think of anything nice to say... etc.

Hey, i got one of those last night, from iirc, the 'uk mortgage company'