House Price Crash Forum

National Newspapers Havent Really Said Anything

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
it's the new Princess Di, don't ya know?

Sad though this is, it was incredible (and suspicious) how it was pushed up to Number 1 on the BBC news agenda, because basically nothing has changed in the investigation (from what I can see) apart from some minor grumbles about the McCanns staying out there.

HOLA445
passed a car in blackpool last week containing two nimbys. on the back window was the sun's pullout "HAVE YOU SEEN MADDIE" poster.

i felt like drawing beside him and telling him i think i saw her back there..

i mean. its not a good thing whats happened, but the grief tourism on this is really high to the point of pathetic.

The maddy story has indeed reached Princess Di proportions of obsession and hysteria.

BBC 1 o'clock news today was taken up with 20% it time covering it, although there were virtually no new developments, apart from the locals getting annoyed. They decided to repeat the whole history of the case.

Another 15-20% of the news was taken up with the court case of the abuse & death of a toddler, then a bit of foot & mouth.

Finally we then have a tiny bit on the falling stock market, saying its caused by US sub-prime loans being chopped up & sold on the markets to pension funds etc. and that it was difficult to tell what was where.

I watch the BBC /C4 news every other day. Today seemed to running a bit slower like they were trying to strectch the minor news out. I find that the 'North West today' local news section has become even more trivial & banal recently (if that was possible)

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA446