House Price Crash Forum

Japan Conducts Massive Survey To Prepare For I R Hikes

HOLA441

http://www.iii.co.uk/news/?type=afxnews&am...;action=article

Bank of Japan survey seen as step towards end of zero interest policy - report

TOKYO (XFN-ASIA) - The Bank of Japan has surveyed more than 140 companies, including banks and securities firms, to determine the extent to which the function of the short-term money market has been restored since the central bank ended its ultra-easy monetary policy in March, the Nihon Keizai Shimbun reported.
The newspaper, in a report carried on its website at the weekend which did not identify any sources, said the survey was also intended to stabilize money market interest rates as the market sees it as a preparatory step for ending the Bank of Japan's zero interest policy.
Conducted from mid- to late June, the survey asked megabanks, regional and foreign banks, brokerage houses and money market brokers about changes in the amount of funds they have procured through the short-term money market and purchases of short-term government bonds over the two months through late May.

More upbeat news from Japan as they finalise plans before unleashing the economic Tsunami on an as yet unprepared gaggle of debt laden nations. The reason for their long hesitation, quite apart from their own internal problems, is undoubtedly centered on the impact it will have on those who have had the benefit of cheap Asian money to borrow their way out of trouble.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

..........as they finalise plans before unleashing the economic Tsunami on an as yet unprepared gaggle of debt laden nations.

What's truly amazing is that this cataclysmic event has been noticed by you and by you alone.

Try as I might, I can't find any reference to this impending "economic Tsunami" :lol: in any newspaper.

Why on earth might that be??

HOLA445

What's truly amazing is that this cataclysmic event has been noticed by you and by you alone.

Try as I might, I can't find any reference to this impending "economic Tsunami" :lol: in any newspaper.

google.........

"carry trade"

hope this helps <_<

HOLA446

Because the same interests that control the global banking system, also control the mainstream media.

The wealth transfer will be much more complete if the majority of people are kept in the dark about what

is about to happen with global interest rates.

I'm glad you find this funny.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Because the same interests that control the global banking system, also control the mainstream media.

The wealth transfer will be much more complete if the majority of people are kept in the dark about what

is about to happen with global interest rates.

I'm glad you find this funny.

Oh FFS.

Another paranoid nutter.

They're all out to get you. :lol::lol:

Edited by brassfarthing

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Thanks for those links.

Im not that familiar with the carry trade etc. But I think there are more than enough home grown reasons for UK house prices to crash, this seems to be another nail in the coffin.

HOLA4411

Your headline : "Japan Conducts Massive Survey "

The article : "The Bank of Japan has surveyed more than 140 companies"

Yeah, like "Massive" ;)

140 companies including the megabanks is possibly the largest commercial survey ever to be undertaken. The norm for such surveys is between 8 and 12 companies. By surveying 140 Japan has canvassed the equivalent to over one half of the entire list of companies in the top half of the Nikkei 225. This is consulation on a very high and wide reaching level. Note that megabanks and large securities firms were all included as these will be at the front line when the IR hiking begins to impact the yen carry trade.

If you examine the IR moves in most of the Asian banks last week you will see that they are moving rates up in anticipation. Meanwhile, Gordon fiddles with his eyes cast upon No. 10.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA4412
Guest grumpy-old-man

Oh FFS.

Another paranoid nutter.

They're all out to get you. :lol::lol:

BF, I have read a few of your replies over the last month or so, you are obviously an intelligent bloke.

Why would you think they are not out to get you, the individual, people like you worry them the most as you have passion, expression & intelligence.

The Wayne & Wayne-etters of this world don't worry them, as they are the sheeple & have been conditioned or havn't the intelligence, willpower & comprehension to understand.

ps - only post your 3rd reply, change the first 2 as they will come from the heart not the head ;):)

BF, I have read a few of your replies over the last month or so, you are obviously an intelligent bloke.

Why would you think they are not out to get you, the individual, people like you worry them the most as you have passion, expression & intelligence.

The Wayne & Wayne-etters of this world don't worry them, as they are the sheeple & have been conditioned or havn't the intelligence, willpower & comprehension to understand.

ps - only post your 3rd reply, change the first 2 as they will come from the heart not the head ;):)

t'was intended btw not the other way around

Edited by grumpy-old-man

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest grumpy-old-man

It's RB. His pronouncements wind me up.

ok BF.

as my wife always tells me "it wouldn't do for us all to be the same" :)

ps - do you think I should have a new name & avatar - "The Mediator" (said in deep_voice with hands on hips & legs apart) ;)

back on thread now ? or probably not as I seem to kill most threads :(

HOLA4415

It's RB. His pronouncements wind me up.

Yep I agree

This RB character - who does he think he is,

day after day bombarding us with cr@p about why house prices have gone up so much in such a short space of time – why they will fall shortly – and even having the cheek to point out that prices are already falling in parts of Britain (with data from some cranks called the land registry).

All this on a site forum called house price crash!

This is an outrage, some of this “stuff” posted by this RB could even put a young first time buyer off buying a house at double what their actually worth.

All this crap about the carry trade…….anyone would think that houses, shares, oil and even gold had doubles in the last few years….just because the japs had flooded the world with money.

Hopefully if people wise up and start having a go at this RB thing every time he post, even saying he’s lost the plot n stuff – he’ll just stop posting.

Then we could all get back watching the bbc, reading the express or even asking our friendly local estate agent for their opinion on future house prices.

HOLA4416

Yep I agree

day after day bombarding us with cr@p about why house prices have gone up so much in such a short space of time – why they will fall shortly – and even having the cheek to point out that prices are already falling in parts of Britain (with data from some cranks called the land registry).

This is an outrage, some of this “stuff” posted by this RB could even put a young first time buyer off buying a house at double what their actually worth.

All this crap about the carry trade…….anyone would think that houses, shares, oil and even gold had doubles in the last few years….just because the japs had flooded the world with money.

Hopefully if people wise up and start having a go at this RB thing every time he post, even saying he’s lost the plot n stuff – he’ll just stop posting.

Then we could all get back watching the bbc, reading the express or even asking our friendly local estate agent for their opinion on future house prices.

Class. ;)

And thanks again RB , keep up the good work.

HOLA4417

140 companies including the megabanks is possibly the largest commercial survey ever to be undertaken. The norm for such surveys is between 8 and 12 companies.

to repeat ParticleMan:

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/tankan.asp

Bear Shits In Woods Shocker!

From that link:

"Tankan Survey

An economic survey of Japanese business issued by the central Bank of Japan, which it then uses to formulate monetary policy. The report is released four times a year in April, July, October and mid-December.

The survey covers thousands of Japanese companies with a specified minimum amount of capital..."

Wish there was a way of textually doing that purile, simultaneous coughing and saying bullsh!t so beloved of kids from my childhood .... somehow it seems like the only appropriate response ....

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4418

Yep I agree

Nice, very nicely put :lol:

Mr Realiiiiiiiiiistic Bear, you put in a lot of hours and hard work, which is much appreciated by many of us.

Keeps us well informed, which save us all a considerable amount of time and energy researching the kind of stuff which will eventually lead to the Great HPC.

Thanks ;)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I’ll tell you the problem RB

I bet he’s one of c0nts that actually has the ability to earn his own money and then has the shear will power to keep hold of it - when all around him are people who don’t have ability, who think they are wealthy cos mi ouse is valuwd at duble wot a paid for it innit are driving posh cars, 4 holidays a year, always wearing a grands worth of designer gear & the odd tit job

I recon our friend rb thinks this is unfair….so unfair that he decided to look into it a bit further – do a bit of research – do a few sums maybe.

He found the answers and he did his sums and decided to share his finding with like minded people (or so he thought).

Some of the people understood what he was saying because it all made so much sense (they too worked hard, had ability & respected money).

Some couldn’t understand rb - because what he was telling them was SO different to what they heard on the news, read in the paper ect.

Some understood what RB was saying but didn’t like it one bit, some of them sold houses for a living, some of them rented out house for a living. (they didn’t want EVERYONE to know that house prices were going to fall sooner or later because if everyone knew they’d fall sooner).

I recon I know what the problem with RB is.

And I also know the problem with his doubters .

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

http://www.iii.co.uk/news/?type=afxnews&am...;action=article

Bank of Japan survey seen as step towards end of zero interest policy - report

TOKYO (XFN-ASIA) - The Bank of Japan has surveyed more than 140 companies, including banks and securities firms, to determine the extent to which the function of the short-term money market has been restored since the central bank ended its ultra-easy monetary policy in March, the Nihon Keizai Shimbun reported.
The newspaper, in a report carried on its website at the weekend which did not identify any sources, said the survey was also intended to stabilize money market interest rates as the market sees it as a preparatory step for ending the Bank of Japan's zero interest policy.
Conducted from mid- to late June, the survey asked megabanks, regional and foreign banks, brokerage houses and money market brokers about changes in the amount of funds they have procured through the short-term money market and purchases of short-term government bonds over the two months through late May.

More upbeat news from Japan as they finalise plans before unleashing the economic Tsunami on an as yet unprepared gaggle of debt laden nations. The reason for their long hesitation, quite apart from their own internal problems, is undoubtedly centered on the impact it will have on those who have had the benefit of cheap Asian money to borrow their way out of trouble.

Is this "survey" a 'one off' or part of a regular assessment? <_<