House Price Crash Forum

Where’s Best To Invest In Residential Property?

HOLA441

LINCS

Dont despair, this is EXCELLENT news.

We had Houses to double in 10 years and this now - all going up 25>46%. Does this not make you wonder why they are telling us this???

In January/February the EA's put most properties UP BY 10% for NO REASON WHATSOEVER. We have a lot of positive SPIN about mortgage approvals. Prices up again for the 3rd month running. And they still need to tell us all this????

In a bouyant market they are too busy selling houses! There is no need to advertise because they are "Flying off the shelves". Advertising costs a FORTUNE! All over the radio on the drive to work I hear "Inside Track" and some "Magnificent Tower" in Manchester City Centre thats ONLY £185,000 for a 1 BED FLAT!!!

YOU ONLY ADVERTISE WHEN CONDITIONS ARE TOUGH!!!

IMHO come July/August its DOWNHILL from there. Add an IR Rise and I think theiur time is up. Long term fixed rates are UP - Savings Rates are DOWN! And NuLabour are getting found out for being the lying b@stards that they are!

It's all looking good :D

TB

Nicely put, this is desperation in it's final death throws, enjoy the good times peeps, and remember nights like these, they will keep you entertained for years to come.

HOLA442

A few points at random

(1) My girlfriend’s comment “if she can make it anyone can”

(2) The £300k BTL in Oxford. You are looking at 4.63% yield if you add stamp duty and £1500 fees / legals to the purchase price. To cover the interest at 125% coverage (a typical amount) you would need a £100k deposit.

(3) My eagle-eyed girlfriend again… the bit where Kirsty was talking about her flat and referred to the “washing machine” as she turned and laid her hand on the cokker. If she can’t tell the difference between different kitchen appliances then how the hell’s she going to spot an investment?

(4) Since when is Reddish in Manchester? It'd be a slow hour long ride into university on the 42A from there if you're targetting the students.

T&T

HOLA443

My number 1 property hotspot in the UK for the next few years?

One name:

Aberbeen

The oil capital of the nation. You only have to look at pump prices to see where wages in Abderdeen will be going.

but north sea oil is on the decline and gb's new tax last year has put another nail in any economy up here.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Colleagues talking about this programme right now.... prices will go up by 40% because they said so etc. bla bla bla. They really believe everything as if Krusty and Pill are financial experts. These people are in their mid to late forties, so must have some memory of the last property crash (???) I'm keeping my head down, just can't be bothered getting into a discussion... :o

HOLA447

Colleagues talking about this programme right now.... prices will go up by 40% because they said so etc. bla bla bla. They really believe everything as if Krusty and Pill are financial experts. These people are in their mid to late forties, so must have some memory of the last property crash (???) I'm keeping my head down, just can't be bothered getting into a discussion... :o

Most people where I am are talking about how Prescott's been caught with his pants down. Not a single mention of the BTL advert on CH4 last night.

I didn't watch the programme last night, I've made a pact with myself never to watch Phil & Krusty again. My theory is that they will eventually go the same way as Davina McCall's chatshow.

HOLA448

Most people where I am are talking about how Prescott's been caught with his pants down. Not a single mention of the BTL advert on CH4 last night.

I didn't watch the programme last night, I've made a pact with myself never to watch Phil & Krusty again. My theory is that they will eventually go the same way as Davina McCall's chatshow.

Ahh.. John Prescott AKA 'Jabba the Hut' I think TTRTR has nicked his avatar!!

HOLA449

Living in Poole myself its good to know that the fat lady has finally begun her Aria.

Perhaps sensibility will soon prevail.

Seems to be a lot of properties round Wimbourne, Merley, Colehill lately (just north of Poole) and a lot of them have VACANT POSESSION ads.

Vacant posession does not mean it is empty but that on completion of the sale there are no occupants ie no sitting tenants, subject to any other tenancy agreement and that everyone who was living there has moved out. It is not an indication of the state of the property market.

HOLA4410

Vacant posession does not mean it is empty but that on completion of the sale there are no occupants ie no sitting tenants, subject to any other tenancy agreement and that everyone who was living there has moved out. It is not an indication of the state of the property market.

I beg to differ, it is an indication in as much as it demonstrates in a lot of instances that vendors who are O/O are concentrating on their sale first and where they live a very poor second. Plenty are desperately downshifting from ownership > renting in my neck of the woods ;)

Edited by Converted Lurker

HOLA4411

I really cannot believe this!!!! If they were talking about finncial services products they would not be allowed to get away with such blatant ramping

"independant analysis shows that proprty prices might rise 41%"

"If you can invest next to a school you are on a sure fire winner"

"Northern Island is investment heaven"

"Prices across Belfast could rise 55% in the next five years"

"there is a great danger the next generation will not be able to get on to the property ladder"

I do not believe the whole VI spin stuff we hear so much about on this site, but these two are truly shocking.

Hah hah, they have just started talking about Reading, where I live. Apparently prices are going to rise 40%+ because of all the high tech industries. Funny that, I work for probably the most famous 'high tech industry' player there is, and my salary does not feel like it will increase at that rate, in fact, since the tech slump. most people I know seem to have less cash......

simplistic,more like

HOLA4412

I beg to differ, it is an indication in as much as it demonstrates in a lot of instances that vendors who are O/O are concentrating on their sale first and where they live a very poor second. Plenty are desperately downshifting from ownership > renting in my neck of the woods ;)

No, it is a legal term used during the legal process to determine what should happen on completion of the sale. Has absolutely nothing to do with the owners circumstances in terms of O/O or BTL.

It is highly unlikely that anyone here buying residential property to live in have completed a purchase which was not vacant posession. The term can be used incorrectly by agents if they mean to indicate a no chain situation.

HOLA4413

he term can be used incorrectly by agents if they mean to indicate a no chain situation.

I've been seeing a lot of no-chain properties on Rightmove recently, although I've no idea if the number of them is historically higher than normal. Could this indicate that the smart money is getting out?

HOLA4414

Fair enough Seen it before, but one place I took an interest in Merley didnt have a scrap of furniture in it so unless the owners have taken minimalism to the extreme I would say its vacant posession.

Plus you say that it indicates no sitting tenants, so in summary we are then seeing an increased number of previously rented properties now on agents books for sale.

HOLA4415

Fair enough Seen it before, but one place I took an interest in Merley didnt have a scrap of furniture in it so unless the owners have taken minimalism to the extreme I would say its vacant posession.

Plus you say that it indicates no sitting tenants, so in summary we are then seeing an increased number of previously rented properties now on agents books for sale.

More likely incorrect use in some cases but you can't assume that it means it was previously rented, even brand new houses still being built will a clause such as 'the seller will give vacant posession on completion' etc. Property details always used to have 'With vacant posession upon completion' on them but I suspect the the Properties Misdescriptions Act may have had an impact on this as it is better left to the solicitors to confirm and it stops buyers incorrectly assuming the property is empty.

No doubt there are plenty of properties around which are not occupied but that doesn't mean it is a BTL'er selling up as it could just as easily be an executor sale, holiday home, relocation, moved into nursing home or with partner or even a reposession. There is more to life than BTL'er buying/selling although hard to believe from reading some things here.

HOLA4416

The property was purchased by the present owner in 2001 and subsequently rented out for the next 5 1/2 years, the temants that were in it till a couple of weeks ago were peed off at having to move as they thought it was a nice place, however the price the owner offered it to them at was >> than they could afford.

The owner had three agents price it and she took the highest (by approx £40K), quite greedy. The place has been on the market with the tenants in it since before christmas with very little interest. The price in the last week has dropped by £15K, still 10K above the highest any similar property on that road has achieved.

The agents have indicated that they have had offers iro another £15K less, this I doubt as I believe they are drumming for business.

Believe me, this is one BTL that is being sold up. Now its got no tenants there will be no more rent coming in either. Might just make an offer, could this be the BMVs the wailing piglets rattle on about.