House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
othello

Where’s Best To Invest In Residential Property?

Apparently they think there is still money to be made in property. I cwill be interested to see what they have to say. The tacit (and probably unintentional) message in their programme would appear to be that the market has hit a low! We'll see, at 8pm tonight.

Can't wait for the posts to come rolling in. ;)

Edited by othello

It's truly awful. No impartiality, just overt ramping. It also looks extremely tired as if the presenters no longer believe it themselves.

Is it just my imagination, or has the side-kicks speech impediment deteriorated even more?

I love the way they are saying INDEPEND studies say it could go up 33% etc.

This is the worst ramping I have seen ever!!!! My blood is boiling.

If that tw@t Kirsty mentions Liverpool Im gonna get the scouse scallies to wreck all her properties :)

TB

YEAHH!!!!!

LIVERPOOL IS HIGH RISK!!!

COooooooolllllL!!!!!

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Edited by teddyboy

Apparently they think there is still money to be made in property. I cwill be interested to see what they have to say. The tacit (and probably unintentional) message in their programme would appear to be that the market has hit a low! We'll see, at 8pm tonight.

Can't wait for the posts to come rolling in. ;)

They've just said house prices in Bristol will rise by 36% in the next 5 years. So 'the race is on'. Is this sort of stuff totally legal? Surely there must be some broadcasting standards being broken here?

I really cannot believe this!!!! If they were talking about finncial services products they would not be allowed to get away with such blatant ramping

"independant analysis shows that proprty prices might rise 41%"

"If you can invest next to a school you are on a sure fire winner"

"Northern Island is investment heaven"

"Prices across Belfast could rise 55% in the next five years"

"there is a great danger the next generation will not be able to get on to the property ladder"

I do not believe the whole VI spin stuff we hear so much about on this site, but these two are truly shocking.

Hah hah, they have just started talking about Reading, where I live. Apparently prices are going to rise 40%+ because of all the high tech industries. Funny that, I work for probably the most famous 'high tech industry' player there is, and my salary does not feel like it will increase at that rate, in fact, since the tech slump. most people I know seem to have less cash......

I loved the last bit,

number one place to invest Oxford

Showed a flat at 299k

Rent £1200 pcm

:blink:

Errr ... that would not even cover the mortgage on IO would it?

Properties must "wash their face" which means aparently means the rent must cover the mortgage payments +5% :D

Edited by sjo

I loved the last bit,

number one place to invest Oxford

Showed a flat at 299k

Rent £1200 pcm

:blink:

Errr ... that would not even cover the mortgage on IO would it?

Based on 15% downa nd a mortgage of £270,000 at 5.5% (typical for BTL) over 25 years

= £1237.50 p.c.m. mortgage on I/O :lol:

TB

Guest Winners and Losers

I love the way they are saying INDEPEND studies say it could go up 33% etc.

This is the worst ramping I have seen ever!!!! My blood is boiling.

If that tw@t Kirsty mentions Liverpool Im gonna get the scouse scallies to wreck all her properties :)

TB

YEAHH!!!!!

LIVERPOOL IS HIGH RISK!!!

COooooooolllllL!!!!!

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Good. I want to move to Liverpool. :D

Im sorry but what a load of balls. If Phil and kirstie are making programs about BTL, thats when you know the market is doomed. Their hot pick Oxford, The 'Average' house here in 2010 is set to rise to 378k. Now how is the 'Average' person gpoing to be able to afford a place approaching 400k?

Based on 15% downa nd a mortgage of £270,000 at 5.5% (typical for BTL) over 25 years

= £1237.50 p.c.m. mortgage on I/O :lol:

TB

Yep but they will be in for capital appreciation!!

Just goes to show how little Krusty and Pill know about the property market and where it is heading! No mention of economic factors which could change things. Bit like being in a bubble really :)

Good to see Poole and E Dorset slagged off as has-beens for property investment

:):)

Im sorry but what a load of balls. If Phil and kirstie are making programs about BTL, thats when you know the market is doomed. Their hot pick Oxford, The 'Average' house here in 2010 is set to rise to 378k. Now how is the 'Average' person gpoing to be able to afford a place approaching 400k?

LINCS

Dont despair, this is EXCELLENT news.

We had Houses to double in 10 years and this now - all going up 25>46%. Does this not make you wonder why they are telling us this???

In January/February the EA's put most properties UP BY 10% for NO REASON WHATSOEVER. We have a lot of positive SPIN about mortgage approvals. Prices up again for the 3rd month running. And they still need to tell us all this????

In a bouyant market they are too busy selling houses! There is no need to advertise because they are "Flying off the shelves". Advertising costs a FORTUNE! All over the radio on the drive to work I hear "Inside Track" and some "Magnificent Tower" in Manchester City Centre thats ONLY £185,000 for a 1 BED FLAT!!!

YOU ONLY ADVERTISE WHEN CONDITIONS ARE TOUGH!!!

IMHO come July/August its DOWNHILL from there. Add an IR Rise and I think theiur time is up. Long term fixed rates are UP - Savings Rates are DOWN! And NuLabour are getting found out for being the lying b@stards that they are!

It's all looking good :D

TB

Edited by teddyboy

at the begining of the program

phil was in the bath, and mentioned something about the bubble bursting

no cheeky coincidence?

Yep the comment was just slipped in there.. must have taken ages to think how they could have got that line in at the start. <_<

YOU ONLY ADVERTISE WHEN CONDITIONS ARE TOUGH!!!

Couldnt agree more

They are trying to attract the last mugs who have not heard about the property boom, and trying to sell it to them, or convince the ones who are having second thoughts. Look at all the figures that are stuck in you face in huge fonts, 48% profit is being touted, would you say no? The idea of getting together with your mates as an investment idea as well, will probably attract small investors who havent thought of this too.

They cant be many more mugs left, and certainly not enough to keep the boom going till 2010

Edited by notanewmember

Living in Poole myself its good to know that the fat lady has finally begun her Aria.

Perhaps sensibility will soon prevail.

Seems to be a lot of properties round Wimbourne, Merley, Colehill lately (just north of Poole) and a lot of them have VACANT POSESSION ads.

A few points at random

(1) My girlfriend’s comment “if she can make it anyone can”

(2) The £300k BTL in Oxford. You are looking at 4.63% yield if you add stamp duty and £1500 fees / legals to the purchase price. To cover the interest at 125% coverage (a typical amount) you would need a £100k deposit.

(3) My eagle-eyed girlfriend again… the bit where Kirsty was talking about her flat and referred to the “washing machine” as she turned and laid her hand on the cokker. If she can’t tell the difference between different kitchen appliances then how the hell’s she going to spot an investment?

Now how is the 'Average' person gpoing to be able to afford a place approaching 400k?

"Lots of people became extremely rich. But this was perfectly natural and nothing to get upset about, as no one was really poor - at least, no one worth mentioning."

-- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My number 1 property hotspot in the UK for the next few years?

One name:

Aberbeen

The oil capital of the nation. You only have to look at pump prices to see where wages in Abderdeen will be going.

(3) My eagle-eyed girlfriend again… the bit where Kirsty was talking about her flat and referred to the “washing machine” as she turned and laid her hand on the cokker. If she can’t tell the difference between different kitchen appliances then how the hell’s she going to spot an investment?

"And they were bought three years ago so they will be Ok." :huh: What a floozey!

A rather expensive looking fridge I thought!

Edited by scheming