House Price Crash Forum

Someone I Know....

HOLA441

...has

approx 20 btl houses/flats mostly new builds...and has just bought another new build ready for completion Sept :lol:

thinks he's David Wilson's best mate because he "gives me really good deals"

has never once got a btl mortgage

tells me they are all ftb mortgages , "they dont bother checking"

when asked about the new landlord registration said "doesn't apply to me as I'm not officially a landlord" (see 20 x ftb mortgages)

"probably" tax avoiding but I also know he is subsidising some

..and he's got the cheek to take the p*** about my renting..(well guess who's contributed to that fact!)..I usually don't rise a say "wait & see". I've even showed him the graph from the front page and all I got back was Bull-Bullsh*t (th-thats right folks)

Its only a work colleague (not a friend) and to be honest I couldn't care if he goes under but if things get too bad he will just walk away from the properties....

sometimes I wonder whether I should report him but no-one seems to care as long as it still keeps the myth going...besides its bad for m'karma.

I was going to sign off with "can you believe it"...but you probably can.

btw isn't this criminal? In the true sense of the word?

HOLA442
Guest Winners and Losers

...has

approx 20 btl houses/flats mostly new builds...and has just bought another new build ready for completion Sept :lol:

thinks he's David Wilson's best mate because he "gives me really good deals"

has never once got a btl mortgage

tells me they are all ftb mortgages , "they dont bother checking"

when asked about the new landlord registration said "doesn't apply to me as I'm not officially a landlord" (see 20 x ftb mortgages)

..and he's got the cheek to take the p*** about my renting..(well guess who's contributed to that fact!)..I usually don't rise a say "wait & see". I've even showed him the graph from the front page and all I got back was Bull-Bullsh*t (th-thats right folks)

Its only a work colleague (not a friend) and to be honest I couldn't care if he goes under but if things get too bad he will just walk away from the properties....

sometimes I wonder whether I should report him but no-one seems to care as long as it still keeps the myth going...besides its bad for m'karma.

I was going to sign off with "can you believe it"...but you probably can.

He's not in Wandsworth is he?

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest Winners and Losers

"He's" everywhere!

this one is from...well rearrange this...shireleicester...dont want to be to obvious, y'know ;)

Yes, he is everywhere. I know one too. I think I'm going to shop them.

Btw, was only joking - was referencing TTRTR, our favourite landlord. ;):)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest Winners and Losers

would you shop him though?

Yes I would. You can do it anonymously online at the Inland Revenue! Revenge is best served cold.

Edited by Winners and Losers

HOLA449
HOLA4410

feltsorryfor

If you feel unable to shop them at least write to the Bank of England.

Ask them a few pertinent questions alongside, like - is this the way you want the country's finances to, what sort of effect does this have on financial stability, etc etc. Send it to the top. If nothing else it will highlight how they have singularly failed to control the debt/housing market.

By their response you will be able to judge whether they give a toss or not.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

what about the fraudulent ftb mortgages..who would be interested in that....everyones at it surely?

If you have the address of one of his flats, you can find out who the lender is from the land registry. Write them an anonymous letter indicating that these flats are actually BTLs.

They might not care, though.

frugalista

HOLA4414

what about the fraudulent ftb mortgages..who would be interested in that....

Sadly no one would be interested - as long as he keeps up repayments, the banks just don't care what kind of lies were told to obtain the mortgages.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I would 'shop' him. Only if they are commiting tax fraud. Lying to the lender is only an issue if the lender wants it to be!

What's the website to blag anonymously?

He recently had to pay a visit to the Inland Revenue following an anonymous complaint....and im pretty sure I know who reported him (following a few serious work related allegations)...

Anyway, watch this space...

I.R will get another complaint this time with some more detail

BOE will get a letter, who to..Merv? (whats the chances I get one back?)

Its frustating that the ftb mortgages dont seem to be an issue...can't quite believe no-one would have an interest in this....the police, FSA?....I don't know??

What a great country this is

HOLA4420

feltsorryfor,

BOE will get a letter, who to..Merv? (whats the chances I get one back?)

Good man, why not go striaght to the top, then it can;t be filtered on the way.

I can;t believe that anybody at the BOE can;t actually know what has been going on, but then agan??!!?!?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest Charlie The Tramp

Here`s one who ignored the rules

The Landlord

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

whatever we think of him least he got off his backside and did something

Oh, that's okay then! The fact that it is dishonest makes no difference to you then?

I suspect that if he went down the honest route ie BTL mortgages, paid tax and CGT etc then the figures would just not add up. Just goes to show how out of kilter with fundamentals everything has got.