House Price Crash Forum

Flip-ping heck!

HOLA441
9 hours ago, knock out johnny said:

to be fair, they have done a lot of work and improved it considerably so I don't think the markup is out of order

TBF it is Harrow and it does have a Juliet balcony...

If you notice the original posters EKFE (extreme kite flying example) is still on the market at the orginal insane price.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
On 3/10/2017 at 0:41 PM, Mr Banks said:

You said that several years ago since then prices have continued to rise, "It's the top madness to buy now", I made those same aguments and people laughed at me. Now they own houses joke about my housing crash, parents just think I am a bit stupid for not seeing the political direction the wind is blowing in and not alligning myself with this 4 years ago when I had the chance (with gifted deposit). My sister maxed out on a mortgage still asks how the chinese collapse is going? what's happening to my savings? Is my rent gone up as her mortgage has fallen/stayed the same? She said that the government don't want house price falls and will prop it to infinity devaluing the currency or raising inflation destroying any cash held on deposit or reducing the size of the mortgage as wage inflation (even if real wage inflation is 0) picks up. Look RK was largely disputed in his statements about missed housing opportunity for those able to buy pre 2012 but it looks like he may have been right.

Houses are selling, grandparents just downsizing yet someone can afford 600k for their house brought on 3 times soldiers wages in the late 60's. As you have pointed out in your other thread (Barclays advert) the credit taps are on full flow. You could easilly be waiting into many decades time for a correction, which is criminal. But governments have always picked winners (usually those that vote for them or whose votes they need) so when the next prop comes don't be surprized don't exclaim I really didn't see that. People must be able to see the way the political wind is blowing (like I didn't in 2012) over the last 5 years with all the props added.

I really appreciate your twitter work @TheCountOfNowhere I retweet your tweets and have been pressing the politicians on twitter but seeing theses same sort of posts time after time over the years claiming the top is becoming like the boy that cried wolf claiming surprise at another prop like the barclays advert/offer should produce anger but not surprize.

Bingo. I waited ten years in rented accommodation for a crash that I was certain absolutely must happen. Ten wasted years paying off some other f*ckers mortgage and being treated like a second class citizen by thick lettings agents.

I bought nearly 4 years ago for £350k. House was a dump. Have completely renovated it for £25k doing all the work myself. House just been valued at £500k so I'm putting it on the market and downsizing. I wish I'd seen which way the wind was blowing ten years earlier, I'd be much better off financially now. I made a key mistake of ignoring the madness of crowds and spending too much time on this site listening to other sensible people like myself. I should have recognized that the politicians are all barking mad and they would rather destroy the currency than let house prices fall. All the evidence is there. Sure there's a risk that you go and buy and we finally get a politician with a brain who lets prices crash. But how likely is that? Given the extreme levels of debt and the carnage that would ensue, I predict more of the same. Eventually we will see ever more escalating inflation. Note, we have already had massive inflation but it is being hidden. I just came off a fixed rate gas/electric deal. After one year the cheapest price I could get was about a third more. MASSIVE INFLATION. This is on top of massive energy price hikes a couple of years back. Your money is gradually being inflated away as Governments always do. Look at how much the Government owes. There will be even bigger inflation to come at some point. Possible hyperinflation. If you don't want to buy a house then buy something else real, gold, antiques...

It's a fecked up situation but we are run by criminals. The bulk of the population are stupid and keep electing them. The chances favour nothing changing in my opinion.

Edited by StarsEnd

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

HOLA448
HOLA449