House Price Crash Forum

Union /thin Blue Line Badge

Guest TheBlueCat

HOLA441
Guest TheBlueCat

This annoys me so much:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3268152/Police-wearing-Union-Jack-badge-tribute-PC-David-Phillips-killed-duty-told-patch-case-caused-offence.html

It would be nice to think this was just stupidity on the part of the Met but I don't believe that, I think it's deliberate. I would be willing to bet that, if someone did a statistically significant survey, they'd find that the only people to be 'offended' by such a badge are asshats like Jeremy F*cking Corbyn and his evil friends. 99% of everyone else in the country, immigrant or otherwise, couldn't give a toss.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest TheBlueCat

If you are offended by the Union Flag, do not come here where you can look at it. What an **** article?

I think that's the point though isn't it? The people (i.e. immigrants, mainly Muslim) allegedly offended by the Union Flag are actually very unlikely to be offended by it at all.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I think that's the point though isn't it? The people (i.e. immigrants, mainly Muslim) allegedly offended by the Union Flag are actually very unlikely to be offended by it at all.

I think that's true.

HOLA447

This annoys me so much:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3268152/Police-wearing-Union-Jack-badge-tribute-PC-David-Phillips-killed-duty-told-patch-case-caused-offence.html

It would be nice to think this was just stupidity on the part of the Met but I don't believe that, I think it's deliberate. I would be willing to bet that, if someone did a statistically significant survey, they'd find that the only people to be 'offended' by such a badge are asshats like Jeremy F*cking Corbyn and his evil friends. 99% of everyone else in the country, immigrant or otherwise, couldn't give a toss.

A proper survey would be a great idea, and IMO 99% either support or it aren't bothered would be about right.

HOLA448
Guest TheBlueCat

Actually, now that I think of it, I'm reminded of an interview I heard on Radio 4 with an imam from somewhere in Manchester a few years back. The local council had banned an infants school from doing The Three Little Pigs as a play because it might offend Muslims. The interview started off with a line something like 'please tell me how offended you are by this, because I know you must be absolutely outraged that a school would do such a thing' and the imam replied, in a broad Lancashire accent, that he thought it was stupid, the Koran says you can't eat pork but says absolutely nothing about playing the part of a pig in a play and, further, that he was really annoyed that the press would now portray this as being some sort of Muslim thing when it was nothing of the sort. The interviewer was audibly upset by him absolutely refusing to play the victim.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Actually, now that I think of it, I'm reminded of an interview I heard on Radio 4 with an imam from somewhere in Manchester a few years back. The local council had banned an infants school from doing The Three Little Pigs as a play because it might offend Muslims. The interview started off with a line something like 'please tell me how offended you are by this, because I know you must be absolutely outraged that a school would do such a thing' and the imam replied, in a broad Lancashire accent, that he thought it was stupid, the Koran says you can't eat pork but says absolutely nothing about playing the part of a pig in a play and, further, that he was really annoyed that the press would now portray this as being some sort of Muslim thing when it was nothing of the sort. The interviewer was audibly upset by him absolutely refusing to play the victim.

Ha Ha! Not all Muslims are devils. Some run some good corner shops with nice pickles. ;)

HOLA4411

Where's Cybernat and the other Jocks?

[edit to add] I find some uses of the union jack offensive, but to see coppers wearing it for an occasion like that wouldn't offend in the least.

Well, I draw the line at being called a cybernat, but I'm happy to give you my opinion...

Why the f$ck would I care about these guys wearing a b@stardised union jack?

HOLA4412

Well, I draw the line at being called a cybernat, but I'm happy to give you my opinion...

Why the f$ck would I care about these guys wearing a b@stardised union jack?

Aye, it wasn't even a proper one in colour!

Archived