House Price Crash Forum

Led Lighting

Kurt Barlow

HOLA441

You can get a special blue colour daylight bulb for craft style things. I don't know whether an LED version exists yet. Model railways, good blokey stuff!

It's the red that apparently doesn't come out well under LED lights (i.e. the colour of all the coaches, since this is before I was born 50s-60s). Still, that'll mean the bloodstains from the slipped knives and picking up the wrong end of the soldering iron are less obvious.

Reminds me of the time the drill was resting on it, I jarred it, drill fell off, and the bit snapped off in my foot.

That sort of thing doesn't really bother me either, unlike, well, just about anything else. Sh1t happens and so on.

HOLA442

A friend of mine is curious to know if you get some industrial LED lighting, would it would be suitable for growing some (ahem!) herbs at home...?

Apparently his sodium vapour lamps cost a fortune to run...

;)

XYY

HOLA443

A friend of mine is curious to know if you get some industrial LED lighting, would it would be suitable for growing some (ahem!) herbs at home...?

;)

XYY

Your "gardening" skills are worshipped here.

HOLA444

Spectrum is everything, whether growing unusual salad or painting miniature sheds. Not what 'colour' the light looks subjectively, but what actual frequencies are present or missing.

;)

XYY

HOLA445

Spectrum is everything, whether growing unusual salad or painting miniature sheds. Not what 'colour' the light looks subjectively, but what actual frequencies are present or missing.

Is it the Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution?

HOLA446

;)

XYY

You dont need tobe growing herbs under wierd frequensies. Surely that would make the herbs taste harsh. Wrong proportions of active ingredients. Herbs grow at all altitudes in all climates. Your mate needs to get the right seeds and grow outside in a green house, let the sun do all the work.

HOLA447

You dont need tobe growing herbs under wierd frequensies. Surely that would make the herbs taste harsh. Wrong proportions of active ingredients. Herbs grow at all altitudes in all climates. Your mate needs to get the right seeds and grow outside in a green house, let the sun do all the work.

I know not the truth in this, for I am not a cannabis farmer. :wacko:

HOLA448

Take your point Neptune, but although Durham police are going to leave people growing weed for their own consumption alone, they have said they will act if it is "blatant". I reckon outside in the greenhouse would be a bit blatant, so for discrete home-growing, are LED lights available that produce a spectrum that would be suitable for growing dope...?

Oh, and other police forces are now following suit...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11767001/Three-more-police-forces-signal-that-they-will-turn-blind-eye-to-cannabis-use.html

XYY

Archived