House Price Crash Forum

Why The Eu Referendum Could Blow Up In Cameron's Face.

wonderpup

HOLA441

"There are Eurosceptics across Europe" Of course there are but they are a minority but unlike the "democratic" Westminster "sovereign parliament" the "undemocratic" EU "non sovereign" parliament gives the EU sceptic minority a voice that reflects the number of people who voted for them. What the sceptics have achieved is 2 years of the UK government taking it's eye off the ball at a time when taking it's eye off the ball shouldn't be an option though.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

One thing that has always confused me, is how many of our laws, or statutes are EU law i.e. have been written by the EU. Farage has stated up to 70%

If that's the case, would it not be the case that these 70% of laws/statutes would need to be rewritten in order to remove any reference to the EU? I also read, can't remember where, that it's against the treaties we've signed to attempt to change these laws/statutes.

How would this affect us, in reality?

HOLA444
HOLA445

Depends.... how close a relationship do you want with the EU after brexit?

Exporters would have to obey EU rules. Their turf, their rules. Same as if you want to export to the US.

For everybody else, EU rules would be irrelevant. I would assume that the stuff already passed would remain in effect, though, just because rolling it all back in one fell swoop would be chaos. I would envisage a divergence over time from the EU acquis communitaire as time went on, but not a sudden tectonic shift.

HOLA446

Exactly, we can still shadow most of their rules, for trade and legal purposes. It's only the ones that are bad for us we can decide not to implement. How bad could it be?

I am expecting relentless propaganda from now to the eventual referendum, on how bad it will be for the UK and how we will all lose our jobs, have our houses fall down and all be struck down by the pox while simultaneously the value of our money will evaporate and it will rain for 40 days and 40 nights, before we all wake up to the hell of self rule with vested interests slaughtering our first born in the morning sunrise.

It's really going to p**s me off!

HOLA447
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA448

I overhead an old guy in a hospital waiting room today say the following; 'They blame us 90 year old's on our last legs for the problems in the health service- but it's not us, it's the immigrants- there are just too many coming here.'

Ok- standard reactionary fare on the face of it- but what this guy has done is join two dots in a way that has so far escaped the attention of the media.

The two dots are;

1) Austerity

2) Uncontrolled immigration from the EU....................................................................................

...number 1: Austerity = living within your means ....number 2: Uncontrolled immigration from the EU....controlled immigration from the EU will only be achieved by leaving ....no other country in the EU will agree with Cameron to reduce our intake from the EU ...they are only too happy to see them come here rather than go to their own countries....Cameron is on a wild goose chase .....and the people need to know the Euros will never work in our interests.....only we can manage that.... :rolleyes: