House Price Crash Forum

Conclusive Proof That University Education Standards Are Slipping

HOLA441

To try and alleviate some of my personal boredom and do something constructive I decided to go back to Uni and do my masters. Perhaps not the wisest investment but I needed to do something rather than just post highly intelligent wail articles on here.

After the first year I'm pleased to report that education standards have slipped enough to allow me to pass with ease or HPC does provide the best education money can buy?

I'm certain that this news will cause some of you to implode as it appears literacy is no longer important at Russell Group universities nor does it appear that reading the Daily Wail impacts on critical intelligence......

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Congrats.

So what was the subject?

Thanks to research published in the Daily Mail, if I ever go back it'll be to do vet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-314026/The-university-sex-ratio-table.html

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Congrats.

So what was the subject?

Thanks to research published in the Daily Mail, if I ever go back it'll be to do vet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-314026/The-university-sex-ratio-table.html

The bottom does seem to be Oxbridge and science-centric places. History of Art somewhere like Leeds or Bristol would be where it was at for talent would be my guess.

Having said that I have been rather disappointed at being robbed of the middle-aged man's pleasure of perving at young girls by a pudgy generation with atrocious dress sense.

HOLA449

I too did a post-grad, but with the Open University, and found it easy (about ten years ago). I think it's a little easier studying as a mature student in many ways.

Your hormones aren't raging quite as much. You are already well practiced at the rest of adult life - including things like looking after yourself while likely holding down a full time job. Again, you're no longer quite as likely to be getting off your head or staying up so late. And you likely don't believe you know it all anymore either.

All of those will help get you ahead over the younger quicker brains.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I too did a post-grad, but with the Open University, and found it easy (about ten years ago). I think it's a little easier studying as a mature student in many ways.

Your hormones aren't raging quite as much. You are already well practiced at the rest of adult life - including things like looking after yourself while likely holding down a full time job. Again, you're no longer quite as likely to be getting off your head or staying up so late. And you likely don't believe you know it all anymore either.

All of those will help get you ahead over the younger quicker brains.

Speak for yourself!!! :lol::lol::D

Archived