House Price Crash Forum

My First Time

HOLA441
HOLA442

They are and also bcos BTL is too big for the rental mkt demand level

Seems to be the case in the general area around me, plenty on offer (an increasing fraction seem to be accidental LLs which offers far higher standards than many deliberate BTLers are prepared to offer) , some relatively decent value (on the face of it) but failing to shift quickly. I'll likely be moving later this year so hopefully this situation has developed more by then.

HOLA443

They are and also bcos BTL is too big for the rental mkt demand level

...yes, the demand maybe there but the price the demand can or will pay is not there, people are not stupid, nobody is going to go to work to feather a landlords pockets to the tune of 50% or more of their 'hard earned wages'......with HTB many have been drawn into buying which makes it harder for landlords to find longer term hard working 'credit worthy' punters......anyway much cheaper to rent a spare room off a nice occupier at very low rent or stay living at home and save....

Seen quite a few homes on auction...bought spruced up and went back on as to let......been there quite a while, will be until they reduce the rent imo. ;)

HOLA444

Seems to be the case in the general area around me, plenty on offer (an increasing fraction seem to be accidental LLs which offers far higher standards than many deliberate BTLers are prepared to offer) , some relatively decent value (on the face of it) but failing to shift quickly. I'll likely be moving later this year so hopefully this situation has developed more by then.

Was installing Linux Mint at a relatives home yesterday. Invited into the kitchen for a coffee, there was an advert on Ch5 playing... this one for 'Find a tenant £29':

("we know being a landlord can be an expensive business").

Followed by an advert where a homeowner's boiler is broken and he's on the phone saying "How much?! Urgh well I suppose it's got to be done.") Then his wife/gf comes home and find ways to sell stuff to pay for it, but then dampens his plan to ring for a pizza, saying "we'll have something from the freezer." Oh and it was an advert for that Gov Money Advice Service/Centre.

Then it went back to the programming and it was bailiff eviction team moving tenants our who'd refused to leave. They kicked up such a fuss that it got council to rehouse them with the bailiffs showed their softer side after they were out, saying we do our job but now "That's when we show we're human and try to help."

HOLA445

It would probably be quicker for me to say who doesn't have at least one BTL out of my friends and family. But I suppose I'm in NI and it seems like every body jumped on the BTL band wagon. Some have done okish, some terribly and a few very well. The ones who have done well are also the ones who went into it for the long haul, with some understanding that providing a home is a serious responsibility, they don't use letting agents and are the 'better' landlords. Not a coincidence I think.

Having said that a few have empty properties ATM. One relative offered my son a house for him & his girlfriend at a supposedly lower rate than they normally get. Son laughed and offered half the reduced amount. :)