House Price Crash Forum

The Recovery.

HOLA441
When it comes to bailing out banks and waging war (foreign or domestic) there is never any shortage of available funds

Yes- funny that. Recently the US republicans threw out an extension of unemployment benefits for the long term unemployed on the basis that the 18 billion price tag was too high- meanwhile the federal reserve somehow scrapes together about 85 billion a month of QE money that goes directly to help the bottom line of the richest people in the country.

HOLA442

Yes- funny that. Recently the US republicans threw out an extension of unemployment benefits for the long term unemployed on the basis that the 18 billion price tag was too high- meanwhile the federal reserve somehow scrapes together about 85 billion a month of QE money that goes directly to help the bottom line of the richest people in the country.

Sickening really :angry:

HOLA443
HOLA444

It's about the US but if the recovery is a fake there then it'll be a fake in the UK as well.

Dunno. I expected the UK would end up like California, but didn't understand how much abuse the £ could take.

Empires may fall, but the £ could take even more abuse. And the City might become a strongbox for ALL the stolen money.

HOLA445

A few of my Eastern European friends have gone home, and the local European continental shops are now closing earlier and don't seem to be doing as much trade.

There's a Polish grocer near me! I'm too shy to go in, as I don't speak Polish! I speak English mostly! I still want one of those giant sausages.

HOLA446
HOLA447

There's a Polish grocer near me! I'm too shy to go in, as I don't speak Polish! I speak English mostly! I still want one of those giant sausages.

I shop regularly at the Polski Sklep, not just in my home town but wherever I happen to be, and I've never ever been made to feel unwelcome, the staff always speak excellent English and won't mind helping you at all, after all their living depends on selling stuff.

I became addicted to this during my spell in Poland, absolutely the most yummy thing in the world, just experiment by going in and buying a bottle, the staff will all look at you beatifically and treat you as an "insider". ;)

maggi-przyprawa-w-plynie__5900085011180.jpg

HOLA448

When it comes to............waging war (foreign or domestic) there is never any shortage of available funds.

Just a variation of Keynesian economics. Instead of employing people to dig holes in the ground and others to fill them in, recruit them into the army and send them off to kill others. There's a strong chance the government may not have to pay everyone they send away for too long.

It also has the effect of reducing unemployment.

HOLA449

Just a variation of Keynesian economics. Instead of employing people to dig holes in the ground and others to fill them in, recruit them into the army and send them off to kill others. There's a strong chance the government may not have to pay everyone they send away for too long.

It also has the effect of reducing unemployment.

If only they would do this to the bloody pot holes...

HOLA4410